Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05gb005

23 hours ago, petermik said:

Klopp.....Moyes in disguise?   :whistling:

18 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Sad pal, really sad, this forum is sinking 

Bob

Listen to the thoughts of one of your fans,link at the top (cockney by the sound of him) there is some sense to what he says,you,me and many others can see where Liverpools problems are,excepting it seems Brendan Klopp.

And when you say this forum is sinking take a look back over the past three seasons regarding comments on this forum about Moyes,Van Gaal and Mourinho.....:sad:

17 hours ago, petermik said:

Klopp.....Moyes in disguise?   :whistling:

Yep you'll have to remind us when Moyes won the Bundesliga, or any other league for that matter.  Or perhaps a champions league final one of his teams contested?

Do you ever have anything of interest to share on here?  Anything that might be relevant to football matters? Or is it going to continue to be the same antagonistic drivel?  

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Yep you'll have to remind us when Moyes won the Bundesliga, or any other league for that matter.  Or perhaps a champions league final one of his teams contested?

Do you ever have anything of interest to share on here?  Anything that might be relevant to football matters? Or is it going to continue to be the same antagonistic drivel?  

Well blow me down here he is again replying to "drivel"  :whistling:   its not compulsory to reply to any of my comments,especially when it is directed  mainly to another particular person.

But feel free if it enlightens your day,who am I to deny anyone what small pleasure they have in life  :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, petermik said:

Well blow me down here he is again replying to "drivel"  :whistling:   its not compulsory to reply to any of my comments,especially when it is directed  mainly to another particular person.

But feel free if it enlightens your day,who am I to deny anyone what small pleasure they have in life  :thumbsup:

You'd have to be known to a moderator to be allowed to operate as such as such an antagonistic prick the way you do.  You really need to get a life .

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Spot on here and incredible all fans don't stand together on this.

Here's the point though.....nearly all fans across the entire country do stand together on this.  Its just an isolated few sets of supporters that don't seem to understand how out of line they are, how unwanted the chants are and how poorly it reflects on them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, carmine said:

You'd have to be known to a moderator to be allowed to operate as such as such an antagonistic prick the way you do.  You really need to get a life .

as such as such,bladdy hell your spitting feathers today :clap2:

BTW

Carmine 16,715 comments on TVF

3,951 likes

Me 3,918 comments

3,457 likes

Nuff said :thumbsup:

I can remember when liverpool played Spurs after they were promoted to the first division. They didn't employ the 2-3-5 at all. Bob Paisley ('pool tatical brain) had developed a system where virtually all the outfield players were interchangable. I watched them at WHLane and remember their flexibility of play. It was based on players being 'available'. The player passed the ball and moved into space. It all looked so simple; and so it was. Liverpool played the same way for the next 25 years or so.

That southerner who ranted on after the draw didn't know what he was talking about. The present team is a decent one. It's the mode of play that is failing them. There's no problem letting in a goal if you can score more (qt; Danny Blanchflower). The problem was that most of the 30odd attempts were just a waste of time, energy and in my view lazy football.

When a team 'park the bus'  like that on Saturday you have to get behind them. I saw very little of that. When 'pool are swarming all over the opposition - like they were at the w/e - a bit of craft is required. Spurs will find the same equations this season too.

I personally don't think Sturridge is good enough. He is better when it is a more open game. Salah need to get to the dead ball line more often.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Ok then, so what did you mean by "it's never their fault, I repeat never"

the only real reference that this refers to is Liverpool fans denying being culpable in the murder of their own fans at Hillsborough. "Always the victim, its never your fault" a song that has rung out and insulted the dead and their families for generations now. 

So how the <deleted> are we/I meant to interpret any different, explain your comment? 

BTW, I hope you are aware it has been proved in a court of law it wasn't the fans fault?????????

why keeping singing it...

The song has nothing to do with Hillsborough it is in reference to blaming Chelsea for Heysel which has been brushed under the carpet.

It was first made up after Suarez denying no fault in the Evra incident, and even making shirts up.

Only the media twisted to mean about Hillsborough.

Edited by nev
Spell check.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05gb005

Bob

Listen to the thoughts of one of your fans,link at the top (cockney by the sound of him) there is some sense to what he says,you,me and many others can see where Liverpools problems are,excepting it seems Brendan Klopp.

And when you say this forum is sinking take a look back over the past three seasons regarding comments on this forum about Moyes,Van Gaal and Mourinho.....:sad:

You actually believe that bellsniff was a Liverpool fan, it's just some Thicko on the windup. 

I only listened to 30 seconds of that empty-headed shiite, the only reason why they let idiots speak theses days is because it improves ratings. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

So this is 4? Do we really need 4... Kinda like it though. 

Already popular on the forums....not sure it will actually be used by 1st XI. Have sent a pic to my guy in Pattaya so will probably get one in  a week or so.:whistling:

• Haha 1

Kids beat West Ham away 2-0. #fivefromfive.:smile:.....Harry Wilson with both goals. He ran the game and deserves a first team chance soon. Could easily cover Mane/Salah if needed.

Grabara saved a penalty and looks a good prospect as well. Centre Halves didn't look great unfortunately, so we're stuck with Lovren/Klavan, unless Gomez comes thru' (maybe tonight?)

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wilai said:

Ward AOC and Grujic starting tomorrow.

And by the looks of it Solanke, that's lad i'm looking forward to seeing the most, if Sturridge doesn't get moving soon I can see this lad getting the nod. 

I hope AOC can make an impression also.

Apparently Coutinho is starting too. 

^ I've gone from frustration to laughter, it is actually comical. No not only do we concede the same goals every match, but now we can't even score, 1 goal in 56 shots :biggrin:

Well at least we can relax, knowing we are going to win <deleted> all this season!

Aside the defensive shiite, it was a chance for a few lads to get out there and have a run. Danny Ward looks great to me, Andy Robertson too. I said it last season, not arsed about winning a cup that has become a reserve team run out, it's challenging at the top of the table and CL that count. 

Let's see how the first team get's on this weekend, batter this lot and we'll be back on track, start building momentum. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Just now, carmine said:

There was no excuse for not replacing a center back, despite the VVD fiasco.

We should have bought 2!

The underlying issue is how we defend, or actually don't defend, or even learn or adapt. This includes the midfield.

It's the same goals every week, throw ins, corners, wide open space in front of goal, the whole goal to shoot at with no obstruction and time to set.

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We should have bought 2!

The underlying issue is how we defend, or actually don't defend, or even learn or adapt. This includes the midfield.

It's the same goals every week, throw ins, corners, wide open space in front of goal, the whole goal to shoot at with no obstruction and time to set.

yep, this exactly. it's too easy to score against us and it's the same problems all the time. gives opponents an absolute gimme when they play us. and it is systemic, the players aren't being coached properly about how to defend. we also lack aggression and nouse all over the place. it needed addressing in the summer. it wasn't. now it's september and it's starting to feel that this season is going to be a nothing one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We should have bought 2!

So where does the finger point?  Its been an issue for quite a while now without really being addressed in any way.  

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

So where does the finger point?  Its been an issue for quite a while now without really being addressed in any way.  

the people responsible for getting signings done are incompetent. they need to be fired and replaced with people who are actually capable. the van dijk thing this summer was a farce.

that doesn't address the coaching though. we don't practice defending. it's a problem.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StevieH said:

the people responsible for getting signings done are incompetent. they need to be fired and replaced with people who are actually capable. the van dijk thing this summer was a farce.

that doesn't address the coaching though. we don't practice defending. it's a problem.

Klopp's the head coach nous so the problem with defensive coaching falls on him and his underlings. Klopp also said he was happy with his squad. This no plan B has some consistency not only on the pitch but at board room too and klopp should have been more vocal during transfer windows and identified or help to identify players for the defence beyond VVD. Personally I'm disappointed with all management for not addressing the defence and I've kind of given up on defence in the hope we start out scoring teams. It's a risky approach but that is all we can do.

Football managers and board room heads are supposed to lock horns not back each other up. Benitez would have kicked off even if he got all his men. 

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

yep, this exactly. it's too easy to score against us and it's the same problems all the time. gives opponents an absolute gimme when they play us. and it is systemic, the players aren't being coached properly about how to defend.

I'm not sure what the defensive system is. Against Arsenal we seemed to play zonal and it worked well. Last week it looked like man to man. We always look vunerable from corners. Not sure the players know what their roles are.

Personally what I don't like seeing is a defender with his back to the corner flag at the back post just keeping an oposing forward from making a run. It's negative and suspect but even more important it gives teams the  initiative. Anfield should be the place where teams do NOT want to go.

• Like 1