Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

he isn't the same player now as when the glams had him.

where have I heard that before, yes, I remember - Robbie Keane - out of someone's mouth at the start of the season. :)

i don't recall saying that robbie keane had played for united.

where have I heard that before, yes, I remember - Robbie Keane - out of someone's mouth at the start of the season. :)

You meant us?, I thought you were talking about the Spurs (glams in training) :D

You meant us?, I thought you were talking about the Spurs (glams in training) :D

the glams = man utd james. always.

the glams = man utd james. always.

yes yes, for merseysiders, its the bins correct : or as steven pena (everton guy) countless others with anything of value would say land 'o' b&e

yes yes, for merseysiders, its the bins correct : or as steven pena (everton guy) countless others with anything of value would say land 'o' b&e

if you mean 'bindippers' then i think that's a relatively new one. when i was growing up mancs always referred to us as the mickeys.

whisper it, but our new centre forward might be an ex-man utd player.

Forlan has been excellent for Athletico this season.

I'm an idiot, I thought you said "defender," not "forward." Yes, I had thought he might be a target as we seem to want the best Spanish League strikers! He's had a fantastic season. 27 goals, I believe, all in la liga. And he'd add another flag to Liverpool's United Nations.

He will be 30 this year......15mil way too much for him, I would rather spend extra and get Eto or Tevez, Floran can not and will not cut it in the premier league.

What do you think to his strike partner at Athletico 'S Aguero' ?

I have mentioned him before but would love to see us sign him . He is one of the best young strikers I have seen in a long time and only 20 years old. Reminds me of a young Ramario in that he has close dribbling skills and deadly in front of goal. Plays as a second or lone striker

Can only wish I guess.

Aguero is great, he'd be good I think. But we need someone who can slot in for Torres like for like, not sure Aguero is that player. Perhaps. But it needs to be someone who plays the back line game tight.

Also, the striker we're interested in, Negredo from Almeria, may not be an option as Real Madrid has a buy-back clause on him, and with his great form they will probably be interested in taking him. It's alright, though, there are plenty of good strikers out there we could get to add depth. Voronin has had a great season in Germany, actually, though not sure if that changed Rafa's view of him.

Let me say lads that you gave a tough go this year and at times played some brilliant football.

Gerrard and torres in particular.

If it were me, priority no 1 for LP is some cover for FT and a defender. Does this mean u will sign another midfielder?

Anyways, cheers for making it an interesting race.

He will be 30 this year......15mil way too much for him, I would rather spend extra and get Eto or Tevez, Floran can not and will not cut it in the premier league.

What do you think to his strike partner at Athletico 'S Aguero' ?

I have mentioned him before but would love to see us sign him . He is one of the best young strikers I have seen in a long time and only 20 years old. Reminds me of a young Ramario in that he has close dribbling skills and deadly in front of goal. Plays as a second or lone striker

Can only wish I guess.

Aguero is a very exciting prospect, however he is untested in the EPL and his services will be very expensive (crazy buyout clause). He says he is happy in Spain for the time being, Too small for a lone striker in England, Vidic would eat him.. If Tevez does not sign up with UTD then he and Barry will definatley be plying their trade at Anfield next season, together with defensive cover and.....maybe, just maybe new owners i am excited about what we could achieve next season.

BKK James, yes it was close and about time too, congrats to you and I hope you cane Barca too, hopefully next year we can be one in front a claim the 19th :)

No way I'm cheering for United in the Champions League, Barca all the way!

Can't wait for next season, will be able to watch Liverpool in Bangkok, probably make it to Anfield and hopefully a Champions League match and hopefully celebrate a league title. I agree with Gerrard, Liverpool will be too good next year to not win it, in my opinion. Of course all the top 4 will improve so it will be a tight race again I believe, with three or four teams in it. But, c'mon, Liverpool have the quality now no doubt, just need a bit of luck next year.

Did you catch Carragher going after Arbeloa? It cracked me up a bit but I thought it was a bit over the top. Had to have the referee calm them down. :) Fine to see that once a year but we don't want to see our own players fighting each other on the pitch too often.

Well, one more to go and then it's a break for a couple of months. What am I going to do with myself?

Can't wait for next season, will be able to watch Liverpool in Bangkok, probably make it to Anfield and hopefully a Champions League match and hopefully celebrate a league title. I agree with Gerrard, Liverpool will be too good next year to not win it, in my opinion. Of course all the top 4 will improve so it will be a tight race again I believe, with three or four teams in it. But, c'mon, Liverpool have the quality now no doubt, just need a bit of luck next year.

Did you catch Carragher going after Arbeloa? It cracked me up a bit but I thought it was a bit over the top. Had to have the referee calm them down. :) Fine to see that once a year but we don't want to see our own players fighting each other on the pitch too often.

Well, one more to go and then it's a break for a couple of months. What am I going to do with myself?

Too good next year not to win it? A bit early for next year predictions isn't it. Alot can happen before then.

Missed the scrap last night - was it near the end of the game?

depending on who we sign in the summer we'll be there or thereabouts next season. don't know about 'being too good not to win it' as united and chelsea won't sit still over the summer, they'll be looking to improve too. but we've been excellent this season, first team ever to lose just two matches and not win the league is a hel_l of a stat. we've been a couple of avoidable home draws and a couple of howard webb debacles away from winning it.

thought carragher was out of order to be honest, and apparently it's got more to do with what happened on friday and saturday than arbeloa not closing the baggies player down.

Did you catch Carragher going after Arbeloa? It cracked me up a bit but I thought it was a bit over the top. Had to have the referee calm them down. :D Fine to see that once a year but we don't want to see our own players fighting each other on the pitch too often.

depending on who we sign in the summer we'll be there or thereabouts next season. don't know about 'being too good not to win it' as united and chelsea won't sit still over the summer, they'll be looking to improve too. but we've been excellent this season, first team ever to lose just two matches and not win the league is a hel_l of a stat. we've been a couple of avoidable home draws and a couple of howard webb debacles away from winning it.

thought carragher was out of order to be honest, and apparently it's got more to do with what happened on friday and saturday than arbeloa not closing the baggies player down.

yea, I know how you feel Stevie, if it wasn't for the ref in the FA Cup semi final, we could be going for number 5 at the end of the month :)

Carragher needed to be told " ei ei ei, calm down, calm down" :)

Seriously though, i thought it was great to see that sort of passion in a meaningless game - well meaningless for you.

As for being "too good not to win" - that's an unusually daft thing for Gerrard to be saying. Ranks right up there with being "too good to go down".

Seriously though, i thought it was great to see that sort of passion in a meaningless game - well meaningless for you.

wasn't meaningless at all. securing second ahead of chelsea gives us a longer rest in the summer and also gets us about 5m more money.

wasn't meaningless at all. securing second ahead of chelsea gives us a longer rest in the summer and also gets us about 5m more money.

Stevie, don't the top 3 now automatically qualify for CL? Is that what you are saying, finishing 3rd means qualifying?

arsenal did even better 26 win 12 draws 0 defeats and finished runners up,you had you fair share of decisions including 10 games finishing against 10 men.

it wasthe draw where you lost the league 11draws to many,after rafas rant you drew the next 3 games that was theturning point.

drop the draws next year you will be there or there abouts.

3 draws 3 points

1win 2 losses 3 points

1win 1 draw 1 loss 4 points

2 wins 1 loss 6 points

asyou can see above loosing is not a big deal.

Edited by nev

Stevie, don't the top 3 now automatically qualify for CL? Is that what you are saying, finishing 3rd means qualifying?

my mistake, that's changed this season hasn't it? still, 5m quid more is no small deal for us.

is this the way this forum is going to be this close season by the way? gobshite mancs posting repetitious tedium in the liverpool thread in the name of 'banter'?

my mistake, that's changed this season hasn't it? still, 5m quid more is no small deal for us.

is this the way this forum is going to be this close season by the way? gobshite mancs posting repetitious tedium in the liverpool thread in the name of 'banter'?

not sure how my post / question to you qualifies as anything other than a genuine question mate.

I was impressed with Lucas again thought he put in a great game against Brom. Great bit of skill and run on goal and was very unlucky to have had his shot just tipped to the side by Keily. And he also got back to prevent a certain goal with his challenge in the box.

Hints of why he was voted Brazils player of the year now finally showing in his game. Took a while for him to adapt but might just make the grade as a good squad player and even first team? I think he has earned the right to stay over some of the other in the squad.

Regarding next season. Surely we only need to buy quality over quantity now as this really is a great set of players who play as a Team with a great winning attitude. I think both players and Raffa have had learnt a lot from this season and most important we have the belief that we can go on and win the Title.

[quote name='StevieH' date='2009-05-18 13:36:03' post='2742907

Excellent point StevieH, what's needed to liven the close season up are a few long-running threads of threats and vicious personal abuse. I think it should be compulsory for posters on here to spend say 10 minutes observing the Blue Kipper forum prior to logging on, just to see how it's done! :)

Erm, ahem, to James and his crew, er, congratulations. (Fc_uk that hurt.)

Actually, he said they were too good not to win it within the in the next few seasons, not next season, and I think he's right. Isn't confidence what you want in your footballers? Doesn't sound daft to me, same as the confident things Dame Ferguson says all the time.

Oh, and when Arsenal went 26 and 12 with no losses they got 90 points and won the league in 2003-04, not runners up. At least get your tedium right! :)

I honestly though Carragher was out of line as well, and was surprised to see it, yet have to admit it entertained me as well.

It was only handbags......albeit funny though...shows passion, wanting Pepe to get the golden glove again. I am sure we can take this form into next season with a couple of additions.

Here's something that was from the echo forums, don't get ya hopes up though:

Major changes on the horizon at Liverpool, Hicks & Gillett will bite the bullet and will sell the club. Having realised that they can't provide what the club needs and the fans want, they're selling to someone who can. Sheikh Maktoum (not DIC)will have his £400m offer which has been on the table for some 18months accepted on the premise that he builds the new stadium and provides Rafa with the funds to compete, and he is willing to oblige. 1st point of call will be appointing a new CEO, and Brian Barwick will be the man appointed, he is also a Liverpool fan. Kenny Dalglish will be appointed to oversea the Youth Setup following Piet Hamberg's departure. Ian Rush may also be brought in to help develop the clubs strikers on a part time basis. Then the players, Maktoum wants Liverpool to be challenging and winning on all fronts and is willing to back Rafa in the transfer market. Rafa will look to players he's been interested in previously – Due to Athletico Madrid's finances worsening a 35m bid will be made for both Simao Sabrosa and Kun Aguero, 80m to Valencia for David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol. These fees are in Euros . And to attempt to fill the incoming 6+5 quota Glen Johnson and Gareth Barry will be signed, fee being £10m and £8m respectively. its not known whether the bids will be accepted but these are the kinds of players Rafa wants and the kind of money Maktoum is willing to spend. Out will be Itandje(1m–France), Hyypia(Leverkusen), Lucas(8m–Villareal), Voronin(5m–Bayern), ElZhar(3m–L'OM), Hobbs+Martin(1m–Leicester), Plessis (4m–Newcastle) plus others. Xabi Alonso will not be sold, even with Real Madrid planning a 28m bid. Maktoum wants to look at current plans for stadium, and decide whether to push through with plans or make new ones, but whatever is chosen he wants building to start before 2010.

If all that is true, not sure we even need all those players??? Well, with Lucas out the midfield could use more cover with Barry and Simao. But Villa and Aguero, overkill perhaps? Of course it's all speculation but interesting to talk about.

If all that is true, not sure we even need all those players??? Well, with Lucas out the midfield could use more cover with Barry and Simao. But Villa and Aguero, overkill perhaps? Of course it's all speculation but interesting to talk about.

it's mostly speculation and guesswork nonsense plus a couple of things which have already happened. silly season is here.

Since it's silly season, I'll ask Liverpool fans: If you could sign one obscure player, whom would it be? For me, Jozy Altidore, the best young striker the USA has to offer. Raw talent but could be a good one. Of course I'm a bit biased, maybe he sucks and I just can't see it.

Of course, Rafa's first signing of the summer, if it really happens, is quite obscure, at least to me. Daniel Pranjic? Never heard of him. Well, I probably saw him play last summer but don't remember.