Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cheerful post is from Awaholitsiktoli. Things that grate me about Pattaya: Crime and associated violence; worst of the worst people from Western countries and parts of Thailand migrating here (but some are good); horrible traffic (at least during the high season); alcoholics and mentally ill people all over the place; people abusers; filthy beaches; no American style Chinese food; no American style smoked BBQ, no decent spagetti and meatballs, overpriced pizza, horrible Mexican food, no Greek style gyro; people pollution (just too many people in a confined area); over-development (insane); mafias running many venues; corruption left and right; overabundance of cheats, liars and mind-gamers; boom-trucks all over playing very loud music; and too many signs in Russian.

apologies about off topic, but Im really curious if there a anything that does NOT grate you about Pattaya

• Like 1

This cheerful post is from Awaholitsiktoli. Things that grate me about Pattaya: Crime and associated violence; worst of the worst people from Western countries and parts of Thailand migrating here (but some are good); horrible traffic (at least during the high season); alcoholics and mentally ill people all over the place; people abusers; filthy beaches; no American style Chinese food; no American style smoked BBQ, no decent spagetti and meatballs, overpriced pizza, horrible Mexican food, no Greek style gyro; people pollution (just too many people in a confined area); over-development (insane); mafias running many venues; corruption left and right; overabundance of cheats, liars and mind-gamers; boom-trucks all over playing very loud music; and too many signs in Russian.

apologies about off topic, but Im really curious if there a anything that does NOT grate you about Pattaya

Yes, but that was not the question.

Scantily clad women, short shorts, legs, more scantily clad women......

+ Scantily clad Russian women.

smile.png .

The pretty ladies outside banks in Central that are sent to entice customers in. A customer service that the west has yet to replicate, LOL.

Obscene posts removed, also smart Alec replies, you will all be hearing from me so get your bags packed for a holiday.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but I hate people (especially radio, TV announcers) that live here and can't Pronounce Pattaya:

sala ah.....Pah Tay ah

• Like 2

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but I hate people (especially radio, TV announcers) that live here and can't Pronounce Pattaya:

sala ah.....Pah Tay ah

LOL. I've always disliked pronunciation police.

There isn't a right way to pronounce foreign words when you're speaking your own language. Place names are always approximations that will vary depending on the country of the speaker's origin.

IMO Pattaya pronounced the Thai way sounds daft in an English sentence and I refuse to do it even if there's a risk that people like you will hate me for it.smile.png

For example, how would you pronounce Paris in an English sentence? The French way or the English way. It's up to you - there's not right or wrong way.

Edited by tropo

sala ah.....Pah Tay ah

LOL. I've always disliked pronunciation police.

There isn't a right way to pronounce foreign words when you're speaking your own language. Place names are always approximations that will vary depending on the country of the speaker's origin.

IMO Pattaya pronounced the Thai way sounds daft in an English sentence and I refuse to do it even if there's a risk that people like you will hate me for it.smile.png

For example, how would you pronounce Paris in an English sentence? The French way or the English way. It's up to you - there's not right or wrong way.

I recall maybe 15 years or so ago at Don muang and had those taxi touts asking where I go.

When I told the Pat Tay ah, they frowned their eyebrows and called some other drivers to know if they had an idea where I wanted to go.

After repeating my destination about 10 times to as many drivers, at once one was enlightened and told his mates that I wanted to go to Phat Ta Yaaah laugh.png

It's annoying when I go for a relaxing massage and those very forward young ladies "accidentally" touch me.

I usually give them 20 minutes to cut it out.

20 minutes-lucky guy-my "cut it out point" usually is around 5 tongue.png

• Like 1

people who don't park in allocated places!

just been to the new post office on sukhumvit

there are maybe 20 places laid out for car parking

closer to the doors are maybe 30 places allocated for motorcycles

not accessible today though as 4 cars were parked at 45 degrees across the lot of them

so the motorcycles were parked anywhere they wanted close to the building

just too lazy to walk the xtra yard or two

It's annoying when I go for a relaxing massage and those very forward young ladies "accidentally" touch me.

I usually give them 20 minutes to cut it out.

20 minutes-lucky guy-my "cut it out point" usually is around 5 tongue.png

its usually the other way around for me

they are telling me to ''cut it out in less'' a than a minute

so where did you say these places were again?

people who don't park in allocated places!

just been to the new post office on sukhumvit

there are maybe 20 places laid out for car parking

closer to the doors are maybe 30 places allocated for motorcycles

not accessible today though as 4 cars were parked at 45 degrees across the lot of them

so the motorcycles were parked anywhere they wanted close to the building

just too lazy to walk the xtra yard or two

This haphazzard parking is prevalent at 7/11 also, it often looks like a competition to see who can get their MC closest to the door!

My dirty underpants.laugh.png

Note to Rimmer - I posted this before I saw the vulgarity warning, so I was not trying to be a smart ass.

If you have dirty underpants - you are not having a smart ass!!

• Like 1

The simple things in life made hard when your wife goes shopping only to be abused by farangs asking for her number etc.. They think all women in pattaya are all whores so its fair game..

I can't believe that people who are married and live in Pattaya who are concerned by this still choose to live here. Yes, the wife is often hit upon (when she is not with me), but that's understandable in a place like Pattaya, isn't it? What's the big deal unless you don't trust your wife. My wife says she's married and just walks away. It's really not all that difficult.

Now if they hit on your wife while she is with you - that could be a problem. I don't have that problem.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

skinny, milk white, curling tong tweaked hair, aspiring Hi-So girls in central festival on a bangkok weekend getaway who think their xxxx does not stink and should you dare to look at them they then look down upon you as though have just asked them for 5 baht for a coffee

Edited by metisdead
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

Yes, the traffic is still horrible ( just back from Fun City ). Hardly any tourists and it's still nose to tail on Second. Usual story though- 500% too many baht buses.

What was really annoying me though, was that a certain well known fast food chain in Pattaya is charging far more than the same restaurants in Bkk. In the On Nut mall, they were charging 124 for a meal, and the Royal Garden restaurant was charging 157 for the same item. A well known pizza chain in Pattaya ( near RG mall ) doesn't offer any discounts at all, while in Bkk they have a lunch special at 99 baht.

Obviously a case of rip the tourists off, as I doubt they'd try it if the customers were mainly Thai sad.png .

skinny, milk white, curling tong tweaked hair, aspiring Hi-So girls in central festival on a bangkok weekend getaway who think their shit does not stink and should you dare to look at them they then look down upon you as though have just asked them for 5 baht for a coffee

All the more irritating when you consider that their grandparents probably lived ( ?live ) in a hovel in the village.

all guys that wear wife beater tops

especially those with masses of matted long grey hair extruding from it

You have a problem with guys wearing tank tops at a beach resort which averages above 30°C all year?

That's one of the great things about living here - being able to dress like this all year round.

What do you wear?

Yes, the traffic is still horrible ( just back from Fun City ). Hardly any tourists and it's still nose to tail on Second. Usual story though- 500% too many baht buses.

What was really annoying me though, was that a certain well known fast food chain in Pattaya is charging far more than the same restaurants in Bkk. In the On Nut mall, they were charging 124 for a meal, and the Royal Garden restaurant was charging 157 for the same item. A well known pizza chain in Pattaya ( near RG mall ) doesn't offer any discounts at all, while in Bkk they have a lunch special at 99 baht.

Obviously a case of rip the tourists off, as I doubt they'd try it if the customers were mainly Thai sad.png .

not only in Bangkok

prices vary between chains in different locations in pattaya

a chain that's associated with milk products and royal personages charges more in busier/more fashionable locations in the city

why?

because they can

If they're making money by charging more, they're not ripping people off - they're maximizing profits. Isn't that the whole idea of running a business?

all guys that wear wife beater tops

especially those with masses of matted long grey hair extruding from it

You have a problem with guys wearing tank tops at a beach resort which averages above 30°C all year?

That's one of the great things about living here - being able to dress like this all year round.

What do you wear?

i wear pastel colored, light cotton, short sleeved shirts

they do not expose any grey matted body hair, hairy armpits, side boobs or drooping bicep skin that grosses out most folks