Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

RIPS SWANS its me

As the administrator of the league and the only saints supporter I know who I am.

Ok who is running the tipping comp????

If you want to run it I have no problems. Otherwise I will.

Chooka's memory must be fading with age

Yea it was a little. I'll handle the Dreamteam side and leave the tipping to Rip he did an excellent job last season. Appears he will have more work tho this year with more participentsthumbsup.gif .

A little something doing the social media circuit about Adam Goodes.

No I didn't write it just sharing it.

Someone posted this open letter to Adam Goodes on Facebook today.

Dear Adam Goodes,

You have won one of the highest honours in Australia, to become Australian of the year, defeating many worthy candidates, people who volunteer, exceeded expectations in competition, contributed to modern medicine advancements, and the list goes on.

You won your award based on a fight against racism, yet your acceptance speech wasn't free of racist remarks. Today you referred to Australia Day as Invasion Day. Perhaps I suggest you nominate a day that you feel all of us Australians should celebrate, a day where we can all live as one, regardless of background, race, religion. I would never trace your family heritage to see if you were less Aboriginal than another person, so why would you see me as less Australian than you. We are all proud of our heritage, and my heritage is my parents, grand parents, and great grand parents were all born on the shores of this great country I call home.

I struggle with anyone that would point to a 13 year old girl over the fence to humiliate her. She made a silly
comment, and an un-educated comment, however she is a young girl, your a grown man, and you acted like a baby in this instance. Had Chad Cornes or Rory Sloane pointed out a 13 year old Aboriginal girl in Darwin for making the same remarks, I doubt they would be in the position that you find yourself in.

Please, accept the fact that Australia is now made up of many cultures, and each of us respect our own cultures. If you want to be a great Australian of the year, accept who you are, and dont try to prove you are more Australian than I am, we are all proud of this great country.

Im proud to be Australian, the greatest country on earth. Please don't treat me differently because I'm not Aboriginal.

Justin Beiber?

Has the League been filled with all TV members?

I posted this on the chat area of the dreamteam

I assume all the people in this league are members of our Thai Visa chat forum. The league was set up for these members to have a friendly competition and some fun. A lot of ribbing and banter. You can see us here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687514-australian-rules-football-2014-tipping-chat-the-dream-team/page-13#entry7446773

This is the message I get in my email box when some joins the league

Hi Martin, This is just to let you know that Peter Hill has successfully joined your league: Thailand MOB If this wasn't planned, as commissioner, you are able to reject teams from your league up until the season starts in your team settings

The NAB AFL Fantasy Team

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Justin Beiber?

I assume all the people in this league are members of our Thai Visa chat forum. The league was set up for these members to have a friendly competition and some fun. A lot of ribbing and banter. You can see us here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687514-australian-rules-football-2014-tipping-chat-the-dream-team/page-13#entry7446773

I was looking forward to a celebrity Dreamteamer

• Like 1

Justin Beiber?

I was looking forward to a celebrity Dreamteamer

can be arranged as I am a little sus about the likes of the Justin bieber and AOB teams. Give them a week to identify themselves then I may delete them.

Edited by chooka

looks like the Mighty Demons are back in townbiggrin.png

You a Melbourne supporter ozzydom?

A long suffering one.thumbsup.gif

They should be a little more competitive this yr, I don't think we will see the 100 point drubbing week after week. They will win more than 2 games.

looks like the Mighty Demons are back in townbiggrin.png

You a Melbourne supporter ozzydom?

A long suffering one.thumbsup.gif

They should be a little more competitive this yr, I don't think we will see the 100 point drubbing week after week. They will win more than 2 games.

When your at rock bottom ,there is only one way to goclap2.gif

• Like 1

I just had a look on the AFL website to see if the tipping is open

It says " all will be revealed on 17Feb2014"

There nothing revealed yet. When I have set up our comp I will post the link

The new improved AFL tipping comp eh?

I think the Sans and GWS play a NAB game this week

They play on Thursday 20th at 1910 Melb time. I will try and have a look at the game through the AFL website.

They play on Thursday 20th at 1910 Melb time. I will try and have a look at the game through the AFL website.

Almost the same start time was the first day of the second Cricket Test in South Africa

Sumich in charge against West Coast

Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich will take over the reins in the coaching box for Tuesday’s NAB Challenge match against West Coast at Arena Joondalup

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said the experience would benefit Sumich and the club’s coaching staff.

“This continues our work in helping to develop all of our coaches,” he said.

Bond said senior coach Ross Lyon would still sit in the coaches’ box.

“By having one of our assistant coaches in the chair, it will give Ross a different perspective of the game,” Bond said.

Sumich, a dual premiership player at West Coast, served as an assistant coach at the club for 10 years from 2002 to 2011. He joined Lyon at Fremantle for the 2012 season.

Bounce down for the match against West Coast is at 4.10pm.

• Like 1

Sumich in charge against West Coast

Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich will take over the reins in the coaching box for Tuesday’s NAB Challenge match against West Coast at Arena Joondalup

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said the experience would benefit Sumich and the club’s coaching staff.

“This continues our work in helping to develop all of our coaches,” he said.

Bond said senior coach Ross Lyon would still sit in the coaches’ box.

“By having one of our assistant coaches in the chair, it will give Ross a different perspective of the game,” Bond said.

Sumich, a dual premiership player at West Coast, served as an assistant coach at the club for 10 years from 2002 to 2011. He joined Lyon at Fremantle for the 2012 season.

Bounce down for the match against West Coast is at 4.10pm.

That makes me feel a bit betterbiggrin.png

Ron19, can you have a word with Rossy Lyon and ask him to tell your boys

to take it easy on us?

• Like 1

My internet isn't fast enough to stream it live, but I can watch a replay.

It's like when you play a video from youtube and it's buffers. I can pause it for 20 odd

minutes and then come back and watch the game quarter by quarter that way.

A pain in the butt if you ask me, unless you we win of course.

• Like 1

My internet isn't fast enough to stream it live, but I can watch a replay.

It's like when you play a video from youtube and it's buffers. I can pause it for 20 odd

minutes and then come back and watch the game quarter by quarter that way.

A pain in the butt if you ask me, unless you we win of course.

What we need is someone in Australia to regularly upload matches onto a torrent site.

Just have to be careful not to see the score anywhere before you downloaded it, but for that matter it would save time watching uninteresting or losing games.

• Like 1

Christ looks like Sumi's not going to be getting a senior run for a long time if tonight was anything to go by!

That's the Freo of old!

Yes yes I know it's the NAB Cup but <deleted> - unless the Swans get belted by a similar margin by GWS on thursday - it's surely not worthy of those types of margins...

Watch the Saints/Dogs game. Jack Billings our number 3 pick is well out of his depth and I don't think he will be ready for the big time for at least 2 or 3 years. He looked scared and overwhelmed. Eli Templeton in the rookie draft looks a ready made player 18 years of age and was not fazed by the big boys or got scared like Billings. The guy has some skills speed, hand and foot. Hopefully the saints can elevate him. Templeton actually reminded me of milne even tho he is a taller forward.

Edited by chooka

Watch the Saints/Dogs game. Jack Billings our number 3 pick is well out of his depth and I don't think he will be ready for the big time for at least 2 or 3 years. He looked scared and overwhelmed. Eli Templeton in the rookie draft looks a ready made player 18 years of age and was not fazed by the big boys or got scared like Billings. The guy has some skills both with hand and foot. Hopefully the saints can elevate him.

How old is Billings?