Good tv series

beechbum

22 hours ago, oilinki said:

The lack of freedom of speech and though, makes this new show really boring. 

You mean when Clarkson said he could "service a horse" and you could hear the tumbleweeds...  tumbleweed.gif

They could cut it down to 30 or 40 minutes and it might be OK. Still don't know what the dead Carol Vorderman was all about.

Watched it last night and enjoyed it immensly.

Shame about no Stig, or A Star in a Sensibly Priced Car.

But, in compensation, the red-neck Nascar driver, The American was brilliant.

I spat my coffee when he said that the BMW M2 he was test-driving ".....couldn't pull a greasy string out of a dog's ass".

On 11/18/2016 at 9:54 PM, oilinki said:

The Shooter has all the potential to become a good series. The first episode was good and it will be interesting to see how it develops. 

Pure genius is a wait and see.

Top Gear replacement, Grand Tour is F'n boring. It lacks all the rude fun which made Top Gear a fun show to watch. It's sad to see the guys to have subdued to the American standard of fun. The lack of freedom of speech and though, makes this new show really boring. 

What channel is the Clarkson show on?

Like a few others on here, I've been watching The Crown on Netflix and it is very good.

The Shooter has all the potential to become a good series. The first episode was good and it will be interesting to see how it develops. 

Pure genius is a wait and see.

Top Gear replacement, Grand Tour is F'n boring. It lacks all the rude fun which made Top Gear a fun show to watch. It's sad to see the guys to have subdued to the American standard of fun. The lack of freedom of speech and though, makes this new show really boring. 

Completely agree... but how beautiful were the cars??? I watched it with the sound muted & ffwd to just the bit with the cars

The 918 is truly stunning (despite not being sexy black or red) & (almost) beautiful enough to make me want to move back to the uk just so I can enjoy one [emoji7]

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Completely agree... but how beautiful were the cars??? I watched it with the sound muted & ffwd to just the bit with the cars

The 918 is truly stunning (despite not being sexy black or red) & (almost) beautiful enough to make me want to move back to the uk just so I can enjoy one emoji7.png

You got $800,000 spare?

Normally I'm not a great American sitcom fan but I started watching "Master Of None" on Netflix the other night. It actually had laugh out loud moments, quite a rarity in modern sitcoms. Difficult to explain what it's about as each episode seems to follow a different thread but it stars Aziz Ansari as a jobbing American Indian (Asian that is) actor. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Only a 5.1 imdb score with 161 votes. Might download S01E01.

i tend to base things on what I like or don't like, not ratings by others. with an international selection of tv and movies its potluck. US seems to need a feel good factor with its productions, others can be quite chilling in their callousness.

Saying that, some US series such as the Wire , Banshee, Longmire, the Sopranos and others have been (in MY opinion) superb- others would differ.

Its all down to different tastes. Just becaus something doesn't hit it in the ratings doesn't mean its crap.

Edited by Psimbo

Agreed, but, with so much out there to watch, one needs a criterion on what to watch without actually watching.

I have found in general, the imdb rating is usually accurate, though, there are definitely under-rated and over-rated shows. That is why I always download S01E01 to see if it piques my interest. 

11 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Its all down to different tastes. Just because something doesn't hit it in the ratings doesn't mean its crap.

I really liked Wayward Pines. Had a IMDB rating of only about 7.6 but was cut after two seasons because of low viewer numbers.

Ditto Firefly. IMDB rating 9.1. Cut after one season because of low viewers.

Ditto Journeyman. IMDB rating 8.1. One season.

I guess sci-fi fans have to give way to vampire fans, reality TV fans and all the other cr*p that's put on these days.

/rant

• Like 1

You like nordic noir.  Swedish sounds,  Danish dark.  Crimes and drone aerial shots.

Brilliant new series.

MODUS

A young girl sees a man kill someone.  He sees her too.  Mother is a crime psychologist.

Add to that religious nutters,  Scandinavian landscape.  AMbient music.  Great moments of silence and stillness.     

MODUS

• Like 1

Just watched the first season of 3% on Netflix.
Sci-Fi from Brazil, you get used to the subtitles.

Most of the population live a crap life, but 3% of 20yo's are chosen each year to join the Offshore privileged. This series covers the yearly selection process in detail.

Some acting ordinary, but the plot I found fascinating.

Edited by Old Croc

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:07 AM, JB300 said:

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

KAT is up and running again as reported by torrentfreak, however the site seems to down at the moment.

https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-brought-back-to-life-by-original-staffers-161216/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Season finale of The Walking Dead on Monday at 8! Can't wait!  w00t.gif

Really haven't enjoyed this season of the Walking Dead at all. The ENDLESS drawling monologue from Negan whenever he's in any episode just as me reaching for the remote to fast forward it. Boring as hell this season. If they knock off Rosita that'll be it for me 5555.

Man in the High Castle s2 was brilliant. Great story line and really well acted. Much as I like having the binge watch capability I find with good shows I just burn through them too quick then wished I hadn't.

In contrast to that series I tried Close to the Enemy. Jeez. Talk about awful. They'd have done better getting 6 planks of wood and painting faces on them for the lead characters, theyd've had more depth and character than the actors that's for sure. Awful script and terrible acting.

Quite enjoyed Start Up to, Amazon Original.

Watched Witness for the Prosecution. 2 parter. Good. But not as good as last year's "And then there were 9".

Maigret's Dead Man quite good too. Trouble is I keep expecting Tony Robinson to pop up and say "I have a cunning plan Mr M....".

Sent using Tapatalk
  • Like 2