Bank Staff Criticised For Rejecting Redshirts Deposits

Lite Beer

Bank Staff Criticised For Rejecting Redshirts Deposits

By Khaosod English.

13929946231392994664l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Redshirt leader has demanded that the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Co-Operatives clarify it stance regarding an incident in which Redshirts supporters were told off by its bank staff.

The incident took place in Nakhon Ratchasima when 50 Redshirts led by Pheu Thai MP Prasert Chantraruangthong attempted on Thursday to deposit a sum of 30 million baht into their BACC accounts in order to sustain the bank′s liquidity.

The BAAC is currently suffering credit insufficiency after it failed to receive a loan from the Government Savings Bank (GSB). The loans were cancelled following protests organised by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

BAAC will need to have sufficient currents to sustain their liquidity, before it is able to make payments to farmers in the Rice-Pledging Scheme sponsored by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

However, when Mr. Prasert and his group arrived at a local BAAC branch to deposit their money, a female bank official shouted "No! Get out!" at the Redshirts.

Another male bank employee also reportedly shoved at a Redshirt supporter. The two were separated before the fistfight ensued.

Today the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) core leader, Mr. Natthawut Saikua, stated that BAAC needs to declare its stance regarding the issue, in order to assure the Redshirts supporters that they are welcomed for financial service.

Mr. Natthawut also urged the bank managers to punish those involved in the confrontation as a token of their sincerity.

However, if BAAC remains silent about the issue, Mr. Natthawut said he will summon the Redshirts to rally in front of every BAAC branch in the country to demand for the answer.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qazVORFl5TXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-21

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the 2nd part of the video on TV Channel 3. It showed a VERY angry noisy man trying to force his way up the stairs into the offices. A male bank employee was talking (looked like telling to go down) the over Guy tries to push past him but gets pulled back.. they are both angry now (fairly typical Thai males in an argument) then it's finished .. this is poor RED oriented reporting. Laying the blame on BAAC again .. just when will this government and it's supporters admit they f***** up!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1

Methinks there is more to this story than is being reported, otherwise makes no sense at all to turn down deposits.

Yeah, now careful, I fear that woman and the other banker will be hunted down now by the secret staging men in black,....

Like I just said in another thread, everyone hates the red shirts.....lol

What a gem of a report. I live in Korat, I will call in to that bank tomorrow and shake their hands.

The BAAC do not want these stupid stunts going on in their banks, they don't need to be pulled into the same crap that has seen the GSB have 105 billion baht of its net liquidity removed in 4 days, wonder how much after today?

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

Well done BAAC, continue to just be a payment vehicle, but don't get dragged into sup[porting the scheme, lest you suffer the backlash from depositors.

I know some of the terrorist red supporting farang gang will try to mock my post regarding a run, but I suppose these will be the same people who mocked me when I was explaining what could happen to the GSB which I ended up being 100% correct..... By the way guys, I am still predicting the GSB going down, less than 50% liquidity remaining.

Edit: Wife just spoke to a friend on her facebook chat who works there, the girl who told them to get out, actually was praised by the manager. They want nothing to do with supporting the rice scam any more. I have told her to get a message to the girl, to meet us for a drink, I am buying.

First. netiquette. LOL means laugh out loud, which usually implies something funny has happened of being said. Lovely to see you laughing at your own statement. Glad you find it funny. Please explain what was funny about it? and send proof via youtube link that you were laughing out loud. and we'll make up our minds whether it was genuine

Such an intellegent post. Just continue to be a payment vehicle. don't worry about any money coming in... just pay it out. this from an alleged financial expert.

For non financial experts. spend spend spend, the amount going out has no impact on your finances and you don't need anything coming in. My wife might subscribe to that, but otherwise it's just you and your mates.

All the loons who are going to take their money out, have already done so.

It's all show, and it will amount to nothing.

Edited by Patpending
  • Like 1

Surely the unasked part of this story is where a local red MP got 30 million baht in readies for a publicity stunt?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The unasked question of you is why you didn't read the article properly before you splurtted out you bizarre colletion of words.

It said a GROUP (meaning more than one person) wanted to deposit THEIR money, meaning the money belonging to a group of people who numbered more that 2 or three presumably as it it was a such a low number of people they would have said so.

So easy if you know engilsh meaning of GROUP or THEIR.

so, onto your next pointless point

• Like 1

This has already already become a non event you can watch the vid on you tube, same as GSB its a non event it isnt a sustained bank run just knee jerk reaction, its over it already with more than enough in reserve plus its also had time to shore itself up now.

Stock market not an event either a few % means nothing. Unless anything drastic happens monday that will be a non event too

Pay no attn to telecom and his panic knee jerk posts. look at the real markets and whats happening or not

Fact is there isnt anything thought out or sustained its just one idea lurching to another...

It affects too many normal and innocent Thais in all walks of life for it to last and youd better hope it amounts to nothing too unless you like the idea of a full collapse here.

PS if your using the likes of facebook or microsoft or apple and or many other blue chip products your supporting the Shins as they own that stock .. lots of it
So every time you use facebook your contributing to the Shin wealth while the stocks rise....its really not as simple as boycott Air Asia or AIS really its not and refusing a deposit i doubt is up to the branch manger.
If things become that stupid that your political support affects who will take a deposit when its a teller making the decision you know its got beyond the line of sanity.
Edited by englishoak

Like I just said in another thread, everyone hates the red shirts.....lol

What a gem of a report. I live in Korat, I will call in to that bank tomorrow and shake their hands.

The BAAC do not want these stupid stunts going on in their banks, they don't need to be pulled into the same crap that has seen the GSB have 105 billion baht of its net liquidity removed in 4 days, wonder how much after today?

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

Well done BAAC, continue to just be a payment vehicle, but don't get dragged into sup[porting the scheme, lest you suffer the backlash from depositors.

I know some of the terrorist red supporting farang gang will try to mock my post regarding a run, but I suppose these will be the same people who mocked me when I was explaining what could happen to the GSB which I ended up being 100% correct..... By the way guys, I am still predicting the GSB going down, less than 50% liquidity remaining.

Edit: Wife just spoke to a friend on her facebook chat who works there, the girl who told them to get out, actually was praised by the manager. They want nothing to do with supporting the rice scam any more. I have told her to get a message to the girl, to meet us for a drink, I am buying.

First. netiquette. LOL means laugh out loud, which usually implies something funny has happened of being said. Lovely to see you laughing at your own statement. Glad you find it funny. Please explain what was funny about it? and send proof via youtube link that you were laughing out loud. and we'll make up our minds whether it was genuine

Such an intellegent post. Just continue to be a payment vehicle. don't worry about any money coming in... just pay it out. this from an alleged financial expert.

For non financial experts. spend spend spend, the amount going out has no impact on your finances and you don't need anything coming in. My wife might subscribe to that, but otherwise it's just you and your mates.

All the loons who are going to take their money out, have already done so.

It's all show, and it will amount to nothing.

Your rebuttal makes absolutely zero sense at all. I read it twice and am still at a loss for what the hell you are yarping on about.

One thing is for sure, you have no clue about finances if you did not understand what I was saying.

Maybe some others on the thread can decipher your nonsensical rant so I can understand it, and then pull it to pieces.

Just for your benefit.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ok I'll give you the argument.

Now please just answer the easy bit. What have you ever said that is funny and prove it.

Video yourself laughing at your opening line "Like I just said in another post, everybody hates the redshirts lol"

I understand if everything I said went over your head, I'm just interested in humour now. As an avid reader and watcher of comedy, I just can't fathom the LOL you used.... really