Yamaha releasing something new in a few days

mania

single cylinder but two headers.

four valves - two headers, an Honda thumpers trademark, Yam is two valves.

And if they make such a bike in Thailand, they can sell it for 100 k thb!

Will never happen IMHO. Thailand/Asia market is captive to new bikes, and the investment is done on completely new tooling and plants for completely new bikes (cb500, cb650, z800). They will keep making old bikes with old tooling thas paid itself since decades in Japan. Beside these are really niche and JDM oriented.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

single cylinder but two headers.

four valves - two headers, an Honda thumpers trademark, Yam is two valves.

And if they make such a bike in Thailand, they can sell it for 100 k thb!

Will never happen IMHO. Thailand/Asia market is captive to new bikes, and the investment is done on completely new tooling and plants for completely new bikes (cb500, cb650, z800). They will keep making old bikes with old tooling thas paid itself since decades in Japan. Beside these are really niche and JDM oriented.

just wishing man!

we live with our hopes, dont we?

and i am sure tooling for cb400ss will not be much so do production of it.

Daughter is harassing me about buying that three wheeled contraption...and she already 'has' a PCX to run around on.

Tell her she will look like she's disabled!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Daughter is harassing me about buying that three wheeled contraption...and she already 'has' a PCX to run around on.

sell the pcx and just buy it for your daughter.

and post your impressions herelaugh.png

• Like 1

There is a bigger gap in the market than the vroom vroom boys think for a locally available, step-through, automatic trike.

There are about 200 models available in China - tell you something?

And yes I'm disabled but my current electric trike which is capable of 30kph wont climb the hills to allow me to get out of Kamala.

At 80,000 baht and 125cc I'm definitely interested.

I think many ladies will be too.

Here is a price guide .

Je'sus, that SR400 looks like an exact replica of the one they had 25 years ago! The retro look really is an understatement!
I see Cafe Racer written all over it :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

sell the pcx and just buy it for your daughter.

and post your impressions herelaugh.png

I don't sell motorbikes... they get passed down to the extended family.

I may be in the minority, but I don't see much issue with the bike. From a technical standpoint it definitely piques my interest. However it is a Yamaha and I swore I would never buy one after seeing all those ratty Finos running around (yes I am vain like that but I also will never purchase a Honda car after the ricer scene). Of course I was always a Chevy man and the two missus wore me down into getting a Ford...so who knows.

Saw the first tricity on the roads yesterday in bangkok. It looks bigger than pcx.

It was a nice mat red color if i am not wrong. Cool color.

And guess who was driving it?

A young and cute mom with a baby on her laps! Good and safe choice for her and it ll be the same for many this way.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

how is having a baby on her lap safe ?

Safe for thailand and safer than a single wheeled scooter.

I really dont understand the claims like carrying a baby or small kid is not safe. This is thailand guys, standards are different here please keep our clinical and hygienic standards back home besides not everyone can afford a car. So it is like if you are rich, your baby is safe if not your baby might kiss the asphalt?

Dont let your baby eat food in thailand as food is not as clean as in our countries too!

Edited by ll2

wow nice little rant there trying to justify this dangerous practice.

Yes as dangerous as thailand and yes riding a bike is dangerous.

Well the Sak Lek Yamaha dealer had 2 Tricity in the showroom today. I had a good look at both. They are eager to sell one for 80500 baht.

The good points are: it is roomy in the riders seat for blokes up to 6ft, the seat higt to floor was good for me, the under seat box is a reasonable size, it has linked brakes so you can squeeze the right lever and all 3 brakes work, ABS is standard, there is plenty of room for the pillion, the air cleaner is easy to get at, it is very easy to roll onto the main stand, there's a flip out bag hook in front of the rider and it looks better when you see it for real!

The not so good points are: It has a lot of wear parts in the front end, 4 suspension units instead of 2, it's only 125cc and it's net weight is 40+ kg over a 125 2 wheel scooter, the rear suspension looks under sized/capacity, on the metallic rose coloured one the flat paint looks horrible close up and for people with disabilities there is no hand parking brake or reverse gear.

I am sure an electric motor could have been integrated to provide reverse for very little money and minimal weight.

For almost twice the price of a Nouvo (43500 baht there) it's a hell of a premium to pay!

For the wife's dad we think we will look at some mobility scooters instead.

The not so good points are: It has a lot of wear parts in the front end, 4 suspension units instead of 2, it's only 125cc and it's net weight is 40+ kg over a 125 2 wheel scooter, the rear suspension looks under sized/capacity, on the metallic rose coloured one the flat paint looks horrible close up and for people with disabilities there is no hand parking brake or reverse gear.

Which engine does it have? Seems like a Nouvo in which case a big bore kit should be available. Yes messing with a new bike seems stupid on the other hand if the thing is underpowered something must be done about it.

http://www.akunar.com/BORE_KITS_RACE%20HEADS_CRANKSHAFTS.htm

Well the Sak Lek Yamaha dealer had 2 Tricity in the showroom today. I had a good look at both. They are eager to sell one for 80500 baht.

The good points are: it is roomy in the riders seat for blokes up to 6ft, the seat higt to floor was good for me, the under seat box is a reasonable size, it has linked brakes so you can squeeze the right lever and all 3 brakes work, ABS is standard, there is plenty of room for the pillion, the air cleaner is easy to get at, it is very easy to roll onto the main stand, there's a flip out bag hook in front of the rider and it looks better when you see it for real!

I am sure an electric motor could have been integrated to provide reverse for very little money and minimal weight.

For almost twice the price of a Nouvo (43500 baht there) it's a hell of a premium to pay!

Thanks for the report :)

> "For almost twice the price of a Nouvo (43500 baht there) it's a hell of a premium to pay!"

A new Nouvo SX for 43500 Baht? Cannot be, or are they really this cheap nowadays???

Thanks for the report smile.png

> "For almost twice the price of a Nouvo (43500 baht there) it's a hell of a premium to pay!"

A new Nouvo SX for 43500 Baht? Cannot be, or are they really this cheap nowadays???

From the age of the sign on it with, name and price, I would say it's been there for a long time. But keep in mind this dealer still has Kawasaki 2-strokes that have been there since......