Controversial Beach Booms claim their first life on Jomtien Beach

webfact

I see small thai kids daily walking on these booms all the way to the end, many of these kids can not swim, and what about their parents, do they care at all ? Just like not wearing helmets , mai pen rai.

No I don't want to remove the booms, they protect you against the crazy jetski and boat traffic, maybe they can put up a warning sign in thai......

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see small thai kids daily walking on these booms all the way to the end, many of these kids can not swim, and what about their parents, do they care at all ? Just like not wearing helmets , mai pen rai.

No I don't want to remove the booms, they protect you against the crazy jetski and boat traffic, maybe they can put up a warning sign in thai......

Warnings signs wouldn't help.

I still think make this a cash cow for someone ... to enforce it ...

Warnings signs wouldn't help.

I still think make this a cash cow for someone ... to enforce it ...

Agreee warning with do not walk on the booms will not do much , maybe a few signs warning of high voltage will do the trick

Send with Commodore 64

I wonder how many lives have been saved because of these.

Have read about many deaths where people, been hit by boats and jet skis in Pattaya.

If my memory serves me correct there has been two or possibly three deaths of foreigners at Jontiem Beach in the last few years where speed boats have reversed over swimmers and snorkelers. One of the deaths was of a leading Polish female scientist.

These separation booms are a great idea. Leave them there.