PM Yingluck says she bows to charter court's power

webfact

"We cant even find an answer today on how to bring the country back to democratic rule, she said."

Well, that's not quite true. End corruption. End nepotism. Obey the law. Rule consensually. Disband street thug groups. Allow economists to be involved in policy making. No blanket amnesties. The guilty go to gaol.

glad you have come round... but you forgot the most important "reform" the judiciary! Thailand will never have peace whilst bias is clearly observed - cancelling election results on a technicality because the "street thug groups" you mention bullied voters and stopped voting!

It is the judiciary that is keeping this country on a democratic path. With out a strong Judiciary the government can do as they please no checks or balances, they do not even have to answer to the electorate. They become a dictatorship.

But then you reds are more interested in Dictatorship than Democracy!

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is the judiciary that is keeping this country on a democratic path. With out a strong Judiciary the government can do as they please no checks or balances, they do not even have to answer to the electorate. They become a dictatorship.

But then you reds are more interested in Dictatorship than Democracy!

Comedy ggold.

• Like 1

For this country to move forward, it's time for Yingluck and Abhisit to stop the verbal jousting and lip service to the masses. If they are really sincere about moving the country forward, I'd like to see them both start holding meetings to hash things out. None of their entourage, just those two.

Another option is for them to both disband their political parties and forbid both party members to be involved in politics for 5 -10 year. It's time for new people who really care about Thailand and Thais to move the real agenda forward.

I think you would do better to concentrate on Suthep rather than Abhist. A look into Abhist achievements with a minority government as compared to Yingluck's flops with a majority government would be a real eye opener for you. You do know the difference between Minority government and Majority government I presume. Along with the limitations of the one and the freedom of the other.

I'm watching hard talk on the BBC and one of the complaints about the world cup in Brazil was an expenditure of 12 billion dollars and some of it disappearing into corruption.

Puts the rice scheme into perspective

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't see how it compares there is money diapering all over the world due to corruption. So out of 12 billion dollars ten million disappear to corruption. A drop in the bucket compared to the rice scheme where almost half has disappeared. Some of it behind secret deals with other governments. Some of it yet to be revealed as the investigation goes on. Some of it to politicans who used their influence to build and store the rotten rice in and received their check for it every month while the farmers who grew it got nothing.

Also the BBC is the Fox news of Great Briton.

And the chess game continues. So the Court can rule against her, and she has to leave, but what about the rest of the cabinet? They kick it out too, somehow? How do they fit the round peg of their goal - and by their, I group the opposition that makes up the Court, the rich and powerful Bangkokians, the PDRC, the DP, the military and others (all groups often overlapping) - of booting Thaksin and Cronies with square hole of the Constitution and the expectations of the upcountry folk? Should be interesting. I spend five minutes on this, and there are people on both sides going full time, with a deep understanding of Thai law, Thai acceptable practice, and who / what is in play. So I know better than to predict final outcomes. But you can be sure there are many moves to come in this game, till we know we have reached the next phase. Certainly not the end, as this game will be played for years and years to come, dividing and re-dividing the spoils of Thailand.

It is well that you make no predictions on the final outcome with all the misinformation you have.

I do not have a head full of misinformation and make no prediction. Just hope for a far better country than what the PTP and the red shirts have been giving us.

• Like 2

And the chess game continues. So the Court can rule against her, and she has to leave, but what about the rest of the cabinet? They kick it out too, somehow? How do they fit the round peg of their goal - and by their, I group the opposition that makes up the Court, the rich and powerful Bangkokians, the PDRC, the DP, the military and others (all groups often overlapping) - of booting Thaksin and Cronies with square hole of the Constitution and the expectations of the upcountry folk? Should be interesting. I spend five minutes on this, and there are people on both sides going full time, with a deep understanding of Thai law, Thai acceptable practice, and who / what is in play. So I know better than to predict final outcomes. But you can be sure there are many moves to come in this game, till we know we have reached the next phase. Certainly not the end, as this game will be played for years and years to come, dividing and re-dividing the spoils of Thailand.

My guess is that with Yingluck out of the picture, her deputy, Thaksin's cousin, Surapong will pick up the reigns.

What really matters, however, will be who is selected to run on the PM ticket in the upcoming election.

Another of Thaksin's family? Will PTP go with that or will they rebel? Suthep won't go home. Will the dems contest the election?

"reigns" - a typo'....I hope!

Even now she is undermining the rule of law.

Its not for Yingluck to agree to the rule of law its for Yingluck accept that she is subject to the rule of law like the rest of us.

The PTP party's founding principal is to hold her brother above the rule of law.

The PTP is root and branch formed as a political party opposed to the Rule of Law.

• Like 2

"We cant even find an answer today on how to bring the country back to democratic rule, she said."

Well, that's not quite true. End corruption. End nepotism. Obey the law. Rule consensually. Disband street thug groups. Allow economists to be involved in policy making. No blanket amnesties. The guilty go to gaol.

It won't be her decision anyway. She's guided and steered and string-attached-controlled from Dubai and her bodyguards, (Kittirat, Surapong, etc.),,,, a PM barbie girl, who has no say and right or opinion.... everything arranged and scripted in Dubai....

"everything arranged and scripted in Dubai"

That Thaksin must be a busy boy, running an entire country from Dubai and all on mobile phones and skype, whilst simultaneously running his own businesses and interests.

Sounds unbelievable doesn't it?

That's because it is. coffee1.gif

Have you had your head buried in the sand for the past 6 or more years? What indications do you see that Thaksin is not in control?

It won't be her decision anyway. She's guided and steered and string-attached-controlled from Dubai and her bodyguards, (Kittirat, Surapong, etc.),,,, a PM barbie girl, who has no say and right or opinion.... everything arranged and scripted in Dubai....

That Thaksin must be a busy boy, running an entire country from Dubai and all on mobile phones and skype, whilst simultaneously running his own businesses and interests.

Have you had your head buried in the sand for the past 6 or more years? What indications do you see that Thaksin is not in control?

Yeah! Thats why YL has to skype call him for advise and why she runs the country throuhg facebook. I believe you are the one with your head in the sand if you dont think Thak is telling her what to say and do. Why do you think police who want to be promoted go to Dubai and talk to him to get the job they want. And where do you think the PTP got the money to pay all of those redshirts hundeds of baht every day to be in Bkk? Wait! Maybe all that money came from the farmers in the north.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013

Your memory gets more and more selective by the day. All news on Thaksin himself stating to 'advise' as a friendly golf caddy forgotten. Skype sessions? Never heard of.

Maybe you should go to HK to say hello and ask some direct questions? Mind you, k. Thaksin probably still has that useful sign for inappropriate questions.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

"I try to look at them positively, let go, be patient and solve the problems prudently and carefully,”

This is her treating the voters with contempt again by offering her hollow rhetoric that uses unquantifiable values as a benchmark of her leadership.

So prudence was not attending one rice committee meeting because thaksin wanted to distance your from the corruption in the scheme thus ensure longevity in your role. Turned out the opposite happened.

Solving the problems like pushing through an amnesty bill at 4am against the majorities wishes while spouting it will bring reconciliation to the country. Turned out the opposite happened.

Being careful was to stay out of over 60% of parliamentary sittings to ensure you did not have to deal with politics so you "let go" and imitated the foreign minister and travelled to India, Cambodia, South Korea, China, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Maldives, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Turkey, Hong Kong, Germany, France, UK, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Montenegro, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Australia, New Zealand and PNG, Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Burma, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia. Maybe instead of being in an African country overseeing your brothers mining interests you could have been at home pleading with your brother over Skype not to transfer Thawil.

So the tax payer paid you to be rice chairman and you failed them. The tax payer paid you to try to bring reconciliation and offered you a "Peoples" bill that everyone accepted except thaksin and you failed them. The tax payer paid you to be the PM and not the foreign minister and you failed them.

BUT now we have to believe you when you say something sweet and flap those beautiful eye lashes.

Sorry yingluck. I am not a gullible supporter.

You sound like you are stalking the PM with your knowledge of her itinerary. Creepy

Your memory gets more and more selective by the days. All news on Thaksin himself stating to 'advise' as a freindly golf caddy would forgotten. Skype sessions? Never heard of.

Maybe you should go to HK to say hello and ask some direct questions? Mind you, k. Thaksin probably still has that useful sign for inappropriate questions.

Or his red and yellow cards.

Still recall that press conference. Truly bizarre.

'Admitting her anxiety over the court’s ruling, the caretaker PM said she would accept the court’s verdict as long as she is treated equally, using the same standards (as other politicians),'

So seeing as she has already voiced hr opinion that she is NOT being treated the same as other 'politicians'.... What she is saying here is that she is not going to accept the court's ruling if it not in her favour.

Right..... OK then....... Next!

• Like 1

Well said. But wasn't all that part of the pledge during her inauguration already?

Same old defence 'we Thai cut each other a break, let's forgive and move on, let me win another election and have a second chance to screw it all up again and return the country to a democratic proxy rule'.

No, let's have an unelected people's council run Thailand.

• Like 1

My guess is that with Yingluck out of the picture, her deputy, Thaksin's cousin, Surapong will pick up the reigns.

What really matters, however, will be who is selected to run on the PM ticket in the upcoming election.

Another of Thaksin's family? Will PTP go with that or will they rebel? Suthep won't go home. Will the dems contest the election?

Oak is being groomed currently for a future leadership role.

Yes, the Dems will have to contest the next election or the party gets disbanded.

Don't you live in Thailand

if you did you would know

only the name will change, they will just start up under another name

Same as The Thaskin party have done again and again

• Like 1

" ... the caretaker PM said she would accept the court’s verdict as long as she is treated equally, using the same standards (as other politicians) "

This is the big problem with Yingluck and Pheu Thai. They are not unequivocal when it comes to the judgments of the courts. There is always a " as long as " tacked on. Which means that Yingluck has not budged. Which means Pheu Thai has not budged. Which means the whole tension as to what Pheu Thai's reaction to the verdicts will be has not changed one iota. They seem to be preparing a narrative in advance, if they do not like the verdict of the Constitutional Court. And they are testing that narrative in public. The public - and the international community, unlike Pheu Thai - must therefore be unequivocal in their support of the judicial process and the judgments that are rendered from them. Period. There is no " as long as ". It's a period, Yingluck. It's a period.

Pheu Thai must state now - right now - that they will unequivocally accept the verdict of the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Her expected response if the court verdict is NOT favourable - "It was unfair and I was treated unfairly and using different standards, so we must not accept the verdict in order to save democracy.". Based on her "as long as treated equally" qualifier.

It is well that you make no predictions on the final outcome with all the misinformation you have.

I do not have a head full of misinformation and make no prediction. Just hope for a far better country than what the PTP and the red shirts have been giving us.

What misinformation is that in the above? Just curious what you find incorrect.

• Like 1

You must have missed all of the news articles, quotes from Thaksin and the PTP and the government about what the big boss said to do, about the Skype visits to cabinet meetings etc. True, he says he doesn't run the country, and then goes on and on about all the decisions he's making. Do the math. By the way, no one is claiming he issues traffic tickets or prepares financial statements or makes arrests. That's all handled by the government. It's just the decisions about what to do.

Oak is being groomed currently for a future leadership role.

Yes, the Dems will have to contest the next election or the party gets disbanded.

"Oak is being groomed currently for a future leadership role."

post-9891-0-48473800-1397205763_thumb.jp post-9891-0-35602100-1397205903_thumb.jp

"

She is beginning to sound as defeatist as her brother did once he knew the game was up.

Can a voluntary exile be far away for her too?

People like you only wish this were true. As is said: THERE NEVER WAS A MAN SO BLIND AS ONE WHO WOULD NOT SEE. That is you and your cronies. You choose to support Suhtep and his evil cronies.

• Like 1

" ... the caretaker PM said she would accept the court’s verdict as long as she is treated equally, using the same standards (as other politicians) "

This is the big problem with Yingluck and Pheu Thai. They are not unequivocal when it comes to the judgments of the courts. There is always a " as long as " tacked on. Which means that Yingluck has not budged. Which means Pheu Thai has not budged. Which means the whole tension as to what Pheu Thai's reaction to the verdicts will be has not changed one iota. They seem to be preparing a narrative in advance, if they do not like the verdict of the Constitutional Court. And they are testing that narrative in public. The public - and the international community, unlike Pheu Thai - must therefore be unequivocal in their support of the judicial process and the judgments that are rendered from them. Period. There is no " as long as ". It's a period, Yingluck. It's a period.

Pheu Thai must state now - right now - that they will unequivocally accept the verdict of the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

absolutely mate and on top of that she keeps making this statement which is completely incorrect

Quote "Referring to a statement by Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva who called for her resignation from the caretaker role to end the political impasse, she said Mr Abhisit should be well aware of the imposition of the Constitution which requires a caretaker government and a general election after the House dissolution." This is not correct - there is a provision in the Constitution to allow for a premier to step down and an appointed PM take her place, always has been and always will be, she thinks if she keeps making this statement that somehow everyone will believe it, sorry YL you are consistently wrong and are about to find out the hard way

"She will accept the court ruling as long as she is treated equally"

How ambiguous do you want to be about it. In other words no, i won't accept the court ruling at all. The court is now making its decision based upon information they have, so any unfair treatment will already be apparent to her.

This is just a way of answering the question like a cheap politician, when the time comes something will come out of the woodwork that was "unfair" during the process,, unless of court the court rules in her favor. She is gutless, if she respected the ruling of the court she would be brave and simply say "of course i will accept the ruling, this is the correct and just process".

Truly terrible behavior, the quicker they remove her from the scene and get professional, honest and clever politicians running the country the better… her number is up so the best thing she could do is disappear.

How sweet of her. I almost believe she has a heart and not just an empty cavern to hold more money. “If we look at the mounting problems negatively, we can never solve them. I try to look at them positively, let go, be patient and solve the problems prudently and carefully,” she said

Shame she does not practice this.

All she wants is people to vote her in, free her and her cronies including her brother from prosecution and steal more of whatever they can