Thai ambassador to UK ordered home

Lite Beer

AFTERMATH
Thai ambassador to UK ordered home

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Ministry has issued an order to its Thai Ambassador to the United Kingdom to return to Bangkok and report to the ministry as soon as possible, the National Council for Peace and Order's spokesman said on Friday.

Reason of the order is still not known. The spokesperson said that Pasan Teparak had not yet arrived in Bangkok.

Reports said that Pasant, a former consul general of Thai Consulate General in Dubai, was close to fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra who took refuge in Dubai. The envoy was formerly a member of the secretariat team on foreign affairs during the premiershpi of Yingluck Shinawatra, Thaksin’s sister, before being appointed as the ambassador to London.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-05-30

• Like 2

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering when the first foreign Ambassadors are called home from Bangkok.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I wouldn't hold your breath.

How many ambassadors have been called home from Moscow?

Indignation whilst practicing double standards and always "seeing the big picture" is the name of the game for foreign policy these days.

• Like 1

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? :D (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

Ignoring politics for a minute... the guy Yingluck got removed for appointing as Pol Chief was the most senior cop in 2009, and politics aside, would've been appointed to the top job then instead of having to wait until 2011. But that's if we subtract politics from all this...

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

Try EVA AIRWAYS , very comfy business class , nonstop UK to BKK

• Like 1

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

Ignoring politics for a minute... the guy Yingluck got removed for appointing as Pol Chief was the most senior cop in 2009, and politics aside, would've been appointed to the top job then instead of having to wait until 2011. But that's if we subtract politics from all this...

I think this happened before when a relative was promoted because they were next in line but it was pointed out that Thaksin had fast tracked them to that position in the first place. I don't know if that's the case here though.

Yeah, that was Chaiyasit when he became army commander-in-chief . Not the case with Priewpan though, I think it was widely agreed he was most senior and next in line for the job in 09, had it not been for political interference (welcome to correction if I'm wrong).

• Like 1

Hahaha.

Hopefully as many as it takes to clean out ALL the corruption - but some still don't want that do they??

• Like 2