Thai ambassador to UK ordered home

Lite Beer

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Your responds is insensible, it is far to early to make such comments about the junta because their current activities are sensible in order to sort out problems., what will politically happen in the next few months is impossible to forecast now.

The junta is still engaging top professional advisers to sort out the long lasting political problems and create a new democratic setup in order to provide a new solid democratic administration for the country, and then a new election will take place.

Top professional political advisors?

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

• Like 2

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif grat news dig out all Taksin clan hangers on and rest who have been hellbent on lining their pockets with no care for country at all

Well done suphet - all down to you

And touch luck to you red shirt supporters - thank goodness Army has saved Thailand again although it might have been <deleted> not see all Taksin supporters here scurry back under their rocks if Taksin had or gets his way and turned Thailand into his now one party state

In 30+ years I've never seen such a corrupt greedy lot as Taksin and his clan - ok Thailand has always had some corruption but Taksin took it to a plane never before seen. Before it was Imo an acceptable 10% which as is custom in Asia can be considered compensation for poor wages etc and IMO much preferable to west where bankers and rest streal legally. You dont give team obey if you dont get service.

Taksin just took it to ridiculous nights and again I say well done Supet and Army clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yep. He was the man who moved 10% to 30%.

I stand corrected, I think Thai Airways also flies direct too .. It's a little bit more expensive , and I think it's a 747 they use, not 100% sure.

Appreciate the correction as it's made me look at alternatives to not having a layover in Dubai as that place sucks biggrin.png

I think in internet parlance, one may say "PWNED" amiright?

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

"There are no direct flights from BKK to UK"

Really, are you sure? Does not TG still fly BKK LHR direct, twice a day?

and indeed officials prob arevery patriotic and pay top$ out of their own meagre salries to fly in first thus making more room in cattle for esteemed visitors.

Any keen journo spotting him board Etihad or more likley Emirates will have the scoop

Funny that he was promoted by Thaksin's unphotogenic cousin from being lowly consul-general is a small country to be ambassador to London, one of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry.

Ambassador in London is hardly one of the most important positions....

Oh, but it is, in my opinion, and in Thaksin's no doubt too...

Of course it is. It's Washington's most prestigious and important ambassadorial appointment and in the top 5 for anywhere in the world.

US ambassador to London is nearly always a political appointment without prior diplomatic experience. Appears that Thaksin was trying to follow the same system but appointed a non-entity as a reward for grovelling to him in Dubai, rather a well known tycoon or celebrity like the US does, e.g. Caroline Kennedy in Tokyo. Anyway Thailand doesn't have personalities of international stature.

Heads of many more Thaksin toadies will roll at Thai embassies around the globe. This is just the first one. The Foreign Ministry is preparing a new windowless office for them to perform their inactive duties in.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

I agree entirely. If you eliminate the enemy's power basis, which appears to be happening, your protagonist becomes less effective, if not totally ineffective and will become unable to agress you with the same ability. Simple military strategy Mr Jones!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hahaha.

However many heads are cut it still won't be enough.........Well done the General!

Funny that he was promoted by Thaksin's unphotogenic cousin from being lowly consul-general is a small country to be ambassador to London, one of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry.

Ambassador in London is hardly one of the most important positions....

Really?An Ambassador would not be considered important?

Do you get out much?

Hahaha.

Franco governed for 36 years in Spain.

Ending when he died in 1975

Meanwhile the opposing team became educated.
It wont matter what this General does.
It doesn't matter how long the elite drag it out.
How many human rights are trampled.
History shows us, that one day in the future, the ''people '' always win!
  • Like 2

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

"There are no direct flights from BKK to UK"

Really, are you sure? Does not TG still fly BKK LHR direct, twice a day?

British airways

Thai airways

And EVA airways flies directly to London heathrow everyday

There's loads. I'm on one next week. Any Mr T is in Japan now.

• Like 1

I stand corrected, I think Thai Airways also flies direct too .. It's a little bit more expensive , and I think it's a 747 they use, not 100% sure.

Appreciate the correction as it's made me look at alternatives to not having a layover in Dubai as that place sucks biggrin.png

Plenty of other options for layovers if you don't fancy a direct flight. Not all the non-direct flights go to Dubai. In fact, over the last five years of many flights to Thailand, I've never stopped in Dubai.

Except for British, Thai and Eva ...

Doha is worse than Dubai for Gulf stopovers.

Edited by laobali
  • Like 1

There a lot of Hahaha , LOLs and cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in response to this serious situation in Thailand.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

Yes definitely the London position must be one of the most important posts in the Thai diplomatic service but as we saw so many times in the Thaksin / PTP world qualifications, experience and general suitable were not prerequisites for appointment to any job.

A bit like the qualifications that soldiers sailors & airmen have for running a country?

Maybe honesty is a prerequisite - there wasn't much of that before (& actually, hardly any experience either - if you discount looting!)

Also it's worthwhile mentioning that any non-criminal is more qualified to run a country than a convicted fugitive crime-boss.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

Explain your thoughts regarding posts........thumbsup.gif

Plenty of other options for layovers if you don't fancy a direct flight. Not all the non-direct flights go to Dubai. In fact, over the last five years of many flights to Thailand, I've never stopped in Dubai.

NOT just for Fat haggis----

Ha, would hate you to be my travel agent, LOL.

Near every country east of the UK that flies from the UK will stop at it's own land and more often than not you will be transferred to an on going flight to your destination.

Out to Thailand from LHR, choose any European / middle eastern land and this applies, if they fly to Thailand.

Turkey--Istanbul--BKK, Emirates-Dudai, BKK Pakistan-Karachi. BKK etc

If you choose say EVA, BKK is on route to Thaiwan---Direct.

So many permutations.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

British airways

There are many proverbs regarding those who argue with fools, , a simple Google search on the subject will bring back many returns.

Any explanation ,or thoughts on my part regarding said posts, I am afraid will make me party to such proverbs.

The current Thai leadership is just looking for clarification on a couple of issues...was he involved in setting up Thaksin in Dubai...and would he like to return to planting rice in Issan...

• Like 1

There are many proverbs regarding those who argue with fools, , a simple Google search on the subject will bring back many returns.

Any explanation ,or thoughts on my part regarding said posts, I am afraid will make me party to such proverbs.

Hmmmm, understood.........blink.png

• Like 2

British airways

See my last post.---or go into any travel shop etc.,

Hmmmm, understood.........blink.png

I hope my respond did not infer that I consider You as such.

I followed your posts and responds for a long time now , for the most part I find you to be reasonable,and I respect your opinion

I was only referring to the infantile attitude that many posters have towards this very serious situation, and my response is directed at them.

Cheerssmile.png

Hahaha.

Your responds is insensible, it is far to early to make such comments about the junta because their current activities are sensible in order to sort out problems., what will politically happen in the next few months is impossible to forecast now.

The junta is still engaging top professional advisers to sort out the long lasting political problems and create a new democratic setup in order to provide a new solid democratic administration for the country, and then a new election will take place.

Top professional political advisors?

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

The most successful politician in Thailand is in Dubai?

You mean the one who wrecked the kingdom's reputation as the biggest and best rice producer in the world for nearly half century and through his own self serving incompetence caused his hopeless government to bring Thailand perilously close to becoming a failed state only for it to be rescued by another military coup.

There was a time when Mussolini was considered by his supporters to be the most successful politician in Italy too but that didn't last either.

Accept it. He would still win tomorrow.

That's the reality. I don't bother to get dragged into the semantics, the reality and what the consequences might be are the important issue.

Mussolini was appointed by the way.

Edited by Thai at Heart

No direct flights except for; British Airways, Thai Airways, Quantas, Eva air.. then of course there are non direct flights that don't go UAE, Jet Airways, Air India, KLM, SAS, Finnair, Norwegian, Aeroflot, Vietnam Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Airlines -- and these are just the ones I've flown with; There's also Egyptair, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Ailines, Royal Jordan, El Al, ... I'm getting bored now..

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hahaha.

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

Ya could be right