Pattaya To Protect Violence On Foreigners

Rimmer

How did we get from violence involving foreigners to metered taxis?

Easy. because some people have a problem with current system and apparently are being screamed at and assaulted.

Then mafia has full control of the baht buses so they outrageously charge 10 baht for a ride or 20 baht for a longer ride.

Just a war zonelaugh.png

• Like 1

Tip to enforcers ... dedicated tourism "politeness" monitors at the baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road going to Jomtien. As I've noted before that becomes a cauldron of rudeness and sometimes even violence during the high season.

My thoughts exactly. Day before yesterday I watched as the baht bus drivers yelled and poked at people to scrunch closer in the back of truck before it left. Their greed to stuff as many sardines into the can was not only rude, but unsafe. The rear of the truck was just about touching the street after four more hangers-on completed the load. I watched and walked.

There is a hat wearing, Thai lady there that is the epitome of hate and venom. She yells, make faces and aims rude remarks towards foreigners that ignore her demands. She truely needs "help".

The Second Road/Pattaya Tai (South Road) Songtaew stop for trucks going to Jomtien is a powder keg waiting for the right match to arrive. More than once, I have gotten off and walked a block to catch a less crowded, more cordial baht bus.

This mob of drivers seems to believe that the changes taking place will not affect them. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Marines arrive.

Screaming and poking is violence??

What exactly was he screaming ? Or you do not speak a word of Thai , for all you know he was telling people to move closer but Isaan style, which is high tone.

Pattaya public transport is by far better and cheaper than Phuket or Bangkok .

Pattaya taxi drivers are by far nicer than in Phuket or Bangkok .

Meter taxi for town as little as Pattaya ? Some people need a reality check.

Pattaya is tiny to have metered taxi

Walking Street is NOT ALL of Pattaya, I think you need to get out more to have a proper look around....

• Like 2

Tip to enforcers ... dedicated tourism "politeness" monitors at the baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road going to Jomtien. As I've noted before that becomes a cauldron of rudeness and sometimes even violence during the high season.

My thoughts exactly. Day before yesterday I watched as the baht bus drivers yelled and poked at people to scrunch closer in the back of truck before it left. Their greed to stuff as many sardines into the can was not only rude, but unsafe. The rear of the truck was just about touching the street after four more hangers-on completed the load. I watched and walked.

There is a hat wearing, Thai lady there that is the epitome of hate and venom. She yells, make faces and aims rude remarks towards foreigners that ignore her demands. She truely needs "help".

The Second Road/Pattaya Tai (South Road) Songtaew stop for trucks going to Jomtien is a powder keg waiting for the right match to arrive. More than once, I have gotten off and walked a block to catch a less crowded, more cordial baht bus.

This mob of drivers seems to believe that the changes taking place will not affect them. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Marines arrive.

What exactly was he screaming ? Or you do not speak a word of Thai , for all you know he was telling people to move closer but Isaan style, which is high tone.

Walking Street is NOT ALL of Pattaya, I think you need to get out more to have a proper look around....

Really?w00t.gif

You mean there is north and south? the whole 1-2 km stretch, that is just hugeeeeeeeeeblink.png

And then there is Jomtien, may be will need to take a speed jet just to get thereblink.png

As far as I understand there are already a few hundred taxi (no)meters in Pattaya divided over several depots spread all over Pattaya. There is a depot near my place in Nongplalai off road #36

As far as I understand there are already a few hundred taxi (no)meters in Pattaya divided over several depots spread all over Pattaya. There is a depot near my place in Nongplalai off road #36

As far as i see yes, and the baht buses for private hire.

Some hire a baht bus, some want to sit in air con car, some do not know the difference smile.png

Hypothetically if taxi did have a meter, would you pay 10 baht for a ride from North Pattaya down to Walking street, or would you pay 50 baht just to jump into a taxi?

Would you pay 20 baht for a ride from Jomtien or pay triple?

Pattaya being so small, who would want to drive metered taxi when its only short rides? would cost more to start the car than the fare itself

Some hire a baht bus, some want to sit in air con car, some do not know the difference smile.png

Hypothetically if taxi did have a meter, would you pay 10 baht for a ride from North Pattaya down to Walking street, or would you pay 50 baht just to jump into a taxi?

Pattaya being so small, who would want to drive metered taxi when its only short rides? would cost more to start the car than the fare itself

It sinks with you that Nonplalai is 15 km east of Pattaya and that they all have a meter, but refuse to use it ?

It sinks with you that Nonplalai is 15 km east of Pattaya and that they all have a meter, but refuse to use it ?

smile.png Pattaya and Nonplalai is 2 different districts, both located in Banglamung Chonburi.

If we were to talk about having metered taxi's in Banglamung Chonburi it would not be the same as Pattaya itself.thumbsup.gif

Would you agree that as a taxi you would not be getting many fares from Pattaya to Nonplalai and back?

not exactly violence but I saw an indian guy have his wallet removed opposite the Tahitian Queen tonight, I thought of telling him but then thought I prefer my brain without high heels embedded in it. The point being that this gang of pickpocketers has been working in the same place for at least 7 years with the police getting complaints nightly and yet they are too uninterested to stop it.

then I was on the back of a motorbike with a farang friend that was pulled over on the corner of Pattaya Tai and 2 rd, Im sure because we were farang. I was wearing a strapped on helmet. The policeman insisted I wasnt wearing a helmet. I said I was and he said I wasnt. Then he saw I had a beer in a bag. Cannot do in Thailand he said. At this stage I was wondering if the guy was sane.Anyway he had to let us go because we were legal but... sadly we know whats going on and we know its not going to change whoever runs the country

Edited by slygeeza

not exactly violence but I saw an indian guy have his wallet removed opposite the Tahitian Queen tonight, I thought of telling him but then thought I prefer my brain without high heels embedded in it. The point being that this gang of pickpocketers has been working in the same place for at least 7 years with the police getting complaints nightly and yet they are unable to stop it.

then I was on the back of a motorbike with a farang friend that was pulled over on the corner of Pattaya Tai and 2 rd, Im sure because we were farang. I was wearing a strapped on helmet. The policeman insisted I wasnt wearing a helmet. I said I was and he said I wasnt. Then he saw I had a beer in a bag. Cannot do in Thailand he said. At this stage I was wondering if the guy was sane.Anyway he had to let us go because we were legal but... sadly we know whats going on and we know its not going to change whoever runs the country

May be police are unable to stop it because of such an upstanding citizens like yourself who is worried about the brain not having the high heels instead of helping fellow person and reporting criminals to police at the time of the crime, not hours after.thumbsup.gif

May be if more foreigners were little less selfish, there would be less violence and assaults against foreigners,

Watching every clip any time there is a foreigner being beaten by 10 locals, there are at least 20 100 kg foreigners standing around watching and filming it.

May be if all those 20 had bigger hearts and bigger balls, then the next time around those 10 locals would think twice before jumping 1 foreigner.

Now call me crazy, but if you were wearing a helmet, why would you argue with police if you were or were not?

You either have the helmet on or you do not. I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do notw00t.gif , its on your head, unless of course you slapped it on when you saw the policewhistling.gif

The NCPO seem to be doing a great job in cleaning up Phuket. I see no reason why they should not do the same here when they have finished there. If anything the mafia/cartels are more firmly entrenched there than here, so the job here should be easier.

Personally I think the Pattaya Bahtbuses are fine as they are now; certainly much better and cheaper than any similar system anywhere else in Thailand, though a few extra permanent routes would be handy and also a way to tell for sure what route they are on.

I never get involved with the queue at the official stop for Jomtien outside the school (I just walk on a few yards and hail one) and I have never needed to engage either a Bahtbus or a taxi for a special trip anywhere. I hope to live the rest of my life without needing to also, though it would be nice to think that any taxi one hailed would have an official meter and use it.

The only actual fight I have seen in Pattaya in over 4 years there was between two Thai men. The pair were fighting late at night as I whizzed by on my m/c taxi ride home.

Once I was threatened by a Baht bus driver.

The lady of that time and I had hopped on a Baht bus half way up 2nd road with the intention of heading to the Beer Garden at the edge of walking street. We travelled to Dolphin roundabout, turned left towards beach road when the Baht bus driver stopped the bus.

He leapt out and stormed to the rear of the bus shouting and gesticulating at us to get off. He looked pretty wild eyed and nasty. It seems he was incoherent too because the lady I was with had no idea what he was shouting about.

Needless to say we walked off quite quickly after handing him a 20 Baht note and we left him to it.

Is violence endemic in Pattaya? Not that I witnessed in the normal run of events.

That does not mean violence does not take place - thinking of the Jet Ski attacks we hear about and see much of on the likes of U-tube.

I have certainly seen more violence on the UK streets at night than I have ever seen in Pattaya.

But, good on the officials if they can and do sort out the attacks on tourists from Jet Skis, bag snatchers and motorbike robberies.

As foreigners living here, we have heard all this tosh before.
The bottom line is that the Authorities truly believe they have the very best resort " city " in the world.
Actually, the reallity is that Pattaya over the last 10 years has become a town full of gangsters and rip-off artists, and with the rise of social media, the whole world now sees the true picture of Pattaya.

not exactly violence but I saw an indian guy have his wallet removed opposite the Tahitian Queen tonight, I thought of telling him but then thought I prefer my brain without high heels embedded in it. The point being that this gang of pickpocketers has been working in the same place for at least 7 years with the police getting complaints nightly and yet they are unable to stop it.

May be police are unable to stop it because of such an upstanding citizens like yourself who is worried about the brain not having the high heels instead of helping fellow person and reporting criminals to police at the time of the crime, not hours after.thumbsup.gif

May be if more foreigners were little less selfish, there would be less violence and assaults against foreigners,

Watching every clip any time there is a foreigner being beaten by 10 locals, there are at least 20 100 kg foreigners standing around watching and filming it.

May be if all those 20 had bigger hearts and bigger balls, then the next time around those 10 locals would think twice before jumping 1 foreigner.

Now call me crazy, but if you were wearing a helmet, why would you argue with police if you were or were not?

You either have the helmet on or you do not. I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do notw00t.gif , its on your head, unless of course you slapped it on when you saw the policewhistling.gif

well why dont you go down and try and stop the jetski scam if you think your intervention will help? Your comment "I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do notw00t.gif" is totally wrong, as bazaar as it sounds that is exactly what happened despite your certainty. the policeman pointed at my helmet and said it wasnt a helmet. do you think I should have agreed with him? believe me I found it very odd but thats what he did.

How did we get from violence involving foreigners to metered taxis?

Easy. because some people have a problem with current system and apparently are being screamed at and assaulted.

Then mafia has full control of the baht buses so they outrageously charge 10 baht for a ride or 20 baht for a longer ride.

Just a war zonelaugh.png

Your posts fails to mention anything about metered taxis. Talk about a thread f....

You either have the helmet on or you do not. I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do not:w00t: , its on your head, unless of course you slapped it on when you saw the police:whistling:

well why dont you go down and try and stop the jetski scam if you think your intervention will help? Your comment "I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do not:w00t:" is totally wrong, as bazaar as it sounds that is exactly what happened despite your certainty. the policeman pointed at my helmet and said it wasnt a helmet. do you think I should have agreed with him? believe me I found it very odd but thats what he did.

Do tell how you can compare me GOING to stop jetski and you SEEING theft by a man in skirt and doing nothing about it?

• Like 1

You either have the helmet on or you do not. I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do not:w00t: , its on your head, unless of course you slapped it on when you saw the police:whistling:

well why dont you go down and try and stop the jetski scam if you think your intervention will help? Your comment "I am certain, if you did have the helmet on when you were pulled over,, police would not be pointing out that you do not:w00t:" is totally wrong, as bazaar as it sounds that is exactly what happened despite your certainty. the policeman pointed at my helmet and said it wasnt a helmet. do you think I should have agreed with him? believe me I found it very odd but thats what he did.

Do tell how you can compare me GOING to stop jetski and you SEEING theft by a man in skirt and doing nothing about it?

the similarity is that weather "going" or "seeing" both involve getting into a fight with half a dozen or more armed male thugs, sorry but Im going to do nothing about it either way and I have a feeling you arent either despite your high opinion of yourself

Edited by slygeeza

I keep thinking that they are dealing with Phuket right now and will eventually move on to other areas. I am hoping Pattaya and Samui, Hua Hin will be soon on the list. Why would they stop at Phuket?

One can only hope. For now Samui remains the forgotten land. Forgotten by the Surat government, forgotten long, long ago by the central govt which has never given the place any respect, attention, nor much in the way of financial support. A true bastard Island.

Spidermike007

Suggest that you state your point of view and let others do that also.

No need to keep bickering back and forth on your differing opinions.

Neither side will change their views on the basis of any post you make so why do it ?

Do you think that local Police in Pattaya are being told about the new proposals? Just asking.

I think I see a policeman one day taking sides with jet ski operator claiming farang had "damaged" jet ski?