US prepared to broker Gaza ceasefire, says Obama

webfact

Obama couldn't broker peace between to first graders fighting over a King Dong.

Very, very true. When will his supporters, and his apologists just admit the man is completely in over his head, and completely incompetent? I always said that he would have been a great leader of the Illinois boy scouts chapter. Or maybe even a CEO of a company with under 100 employees. But, as the "so called" leader of the free world he is so out of his depth. His ability to broker a deal is almost non-existent. Neither side trusts him. Especially Israel. Actually his treatment of Israel is one of the few things he has done that I admire. He has stood up to the them. They hate him for that. Nobody stands up to Israel, much less an American leader. Not with the $US2,000,000,000 per year they spend on lobbyists. Not with a Congress and a Senate that is completely bought and paid for, and populated by $35 street whores. Obama is a nincompoop. He is a sold out corporate schill. What makes him so dangerous, is that he appears quite intelligent, and he pretends he is a centrist democrat. All this is coming from a life long democrat that voted for him. The first time. By a year into the first term I knew who he was. Most of my friends still do not acknowledge who he is. Sometimes I think he is more conservative than Tiny King George (Bush) II was. 

The reality is that time and again, Netanyahu has demonstrated he does not want peace. He is not a man of peace. He wants to be a warlord. He is a freak. He wants peace as much as Pakistani extremists wants peace. 

Edited by spidermike007

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we agree on Obama anyway, but the reason that America supports Israel is because they are a Western-style democracy that shares our values and the only country that we can identify with and trust in a very important region. That is why Americans support Israel over the Palestinians by a huge margin and no one "paid" them to feel that way. 

Well we agree on Obama anyway, but the reason that America supports Israel is because they are a Western-style democracy that shares our values and the only country that we can identify with and trust in a very important region. That is why Americans support Israel over the Palestinians by a huge margin and no one "paid" them to feel that way. 

Truth be told, Israel is not a strategic asset to the US in the region, it is a strategic handicap. Everyone in Washington DC knows this, but many won't admit it publicly.

And unless the current belligerent regime is thrown out of power and not allowed to return,  Israel will no longer have a Western style democracy in about 20 years.  Everyone in the regions knows this and talks about it openly.

Tick, tick, tick...

Edited by up-country_sinclair
  • Like 1

America needs to keep out of this, it needs some one who is neutral, unbiased and respected by both sides to broker a piece deal.

You right. No one should try and help because everyone has an agenda or some inherent bias. Haha, like Obama has always been a huge backer of Israel and has never been criticized for not being sufficiently pro-Israel. While I don't think anyone respects Obama enough to listen to him in a matter such as this, I think he would legitimately come from a good place in trying to broker a deal.

Discard your trust/anger issues and look at it objectively . . . if possible. Who wod you recommend try and broke peace here.

It is not just Obama, it has been every American president I can remember, they are more interested in winning votes at home, do you think America would take the same stance if there were lots of Palestinians and only a few Jews in america with votes?

As I see it there are factions on both sides of the Gaza conflict that are bloody minded and are totally unprepared to accept piece with their neighbours.  

Wasn't this gigantic cock up caused by the British who,during WW II, promised the land to both the Arabs and the Jews?

Common British tactic, lying to people to get them to join in and then stabbing them in the back after it was all over. Lawrence told the Arabs in WW1 that that they'd get their land if they fought the Turks, and we know how that worked out.

So, will the zionists accept the result when the Israeli Arabs outnumber the Jews and vote in an Arab friendly government?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that he was being sarcastic about Obama. No one who is paying attention, thinks that he is a friend of Israel, but he can not completely ignore his own party and many democrats as well as most Americans - including lots and lots that are not Jewish - support Israel over the Palestinians by a large margin.

So, will the zionists accept the result when the Israeli Arabs outnumber the Jews and vote in an Arab friendly government?

They are 1/5th of the population and their birth rate has been dropping. Ask me in 200 years. Edited by Ulysses G.

Last time I looked collective punishment is ILLEGAL.

If it was collective, there would be no Gaza but ruins and sand.

If Israel was to respond in same fashion of just firing rockets, then you could make a claim of collective punishment, but when Israel targets and hits ONLY Hamas leadership, Hamas fighters and Hamas bases, i would hardly call it collective if i really wanted to be objective.

Then on the other hand, what would you call Hamas targeting and firing at civilians in Israel? a friendly fire? Because this is what i would call collective punishment, as civilians are not the ones making decisions in regards to peace talks or settlement building

I was responding to # 37. Collective punishment refers to the harrassment the israelis inflict on the Palestinians every day, nothing to do with the current bombardment.

Not good enough.  Stop supporting Israel period.  The same message is intended for all of the US lapdogs in Australia, The UK and Europe.  Israel is a terrorist nation.
If Israel is a terrorist nation that would mean Iran,Syria ,and Gaza are the nations of saints ?

Israel has been attacking their neighbors since the 1960's. They are terrorist racists. They attack defenseless people who then have to resort to any means possible to fight back. 

Gaza has been at the mercy of Israel since 1948 when their land was taken to create this terrorist nation. Since then, Israel has exploited the region and its people to the point they have nothing; no resources, no jobs and no defense. All with the support of their friends in Western countries.

Not sure what terrorist racists means but please show me evidence of being attackedefenseless people d.

I would not call 80 rockets in one day as defenseless.

You say since 1948? Was it not the Arabs who waged 3 wars on Israel with HUGE armies and still managed to come out as loosers running back with tails between their legs?

Now lets talk about current situation. You can argue back and forward the silliness of why Israel should not respond to Hamas, but please do tell me your thought on Israel being attacked from Lebanon?whistling.gif

Yes, as of today Israel has been fired upon from Lebanon. Is Israel blockading Lebanon? NO

Is Israel supposedly stealing land from Lebanon? NO

Is Israel bombing Lebanon? NO, though they should.

So what idiotic excuse can you provide now for Hezbollah?

I agree with some posters, US should stay out of it, so should the rest of the world, so Israel can clean up the region once and for all, or at least for a while.

The West has failed in Syria, has failed in Iraq,, has failed in Egypt, has failed in Libya. These people do not understand anything and live by pure hatred.

This is how its been for centuries and how it is now and how it is going to be.

The never ending conflicts with each other or scapegoat like US or Israel is what keeps them going.

<show me evidence of being attackedefenseless people >

It's a fact that young children are being killed by the israelis. Are you saying that children are combatents?

BTW israel HAS shelled Lebanon.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

You need to read a few books before coming up with such ridiculous stories. Israel did not "steal" anything. The UN gave it to them and the Palestinian Arabs refused their portion of land or they would have had their own country for the first time in history. The Arabs started the conflict, started the terrorism, started all the wars and lost every single one. 

Dig a little deeper UG...  Israel is a Rothschild creation which is filling it's role as a pawn to inflame the entire ME... When the time comes Israel will cease to exist, of course all for the greater good...  Everything else is Kabuki theater...  Before the knee jerk crowd lights the torches, do a bit of research... 

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If Israel is a terrorist nation that would mean Iran,Syria ,and Gaza are the nations of saints ?

Who has Iran attacked?  I'm not calling them saints but Israel has been stealing Palestinian and Lebanese land through terrorist type actions ever since their inception and these people and their allies are totally justified in fighting back just as you would if it were yours or your allies land in any way they can. 

Exactly, Iran has not attacked anyone one, they are saints.

There is no point even to bring up the fact that Iran supports all terror cells across the world with money and weapons.

No point to bring up the fact that Iran sends its sheep fighters to another sovereign state to fight in the name of God

No point to bring up the fact that Iran has issued a number of statements threatening to wipe out a number of countries including USA

No point to bring up the fact that Iran supplies Hezbollah with weapons, money and training.

Israel has been stealing? will accept that as soon as you show me papers of land ownership

Please step back a bit farther in the history of the ME... NONE of this turmoil would have kicked off had Uncle Sugar not toppled the governments of sovereign nations and imposed despotic puppets of the west in their place...  Cause and effect...  The only justice is that the same thing is taking place in the US today... 

• Like 1

It's a fact that young children are being killed by the israelis. Are you saying that children are combatents?

Is also a fact that Hamas are using them as human shields and all kinds of evidence has already been posted here. If young children are being killed, blame the criminals who are telling them to ignore warnings to leave areas that are about to be attacked and hiding behind them like cowards.

Please step back a bit farther in the history of the ME... NONE of this turmoil would have kicked off had Uncle Sugar not toppled the governments of sovereign nations and imposed despotic puppets of the west in their place...  Cause and effect...

If you really believe that America is responsible for the present state of the Middle East, you need to start with the history of the Ottoman Empire and after you finish it, continue onwards from there. You really have no idea about anything that has happened or is happening there.
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure that he was being sarcastic about Obama. No one who is paying attention, thinks that he is a friend of Israel, but he can not completely ignore his own party and many democrats as well as most Americans - including lots and lots that are not Jewish - support Israel over the Palestinians by a large margin.

Yes, that was posted with a high degree of sarcasm if referring to my post to Basil's comment. As usual, people criticize but offer no solution as he did not answer who would be better than Obama to try and broker peace without any inherent bias. Everyone has some inherent bias unless they live under a stone.

You need to read a few books before coming up with such ridiculous stories. Israel did not "steal" anything. The UN gave it to them and the Palestinian Arabs refused their portion of land or they would have had their own country for the first time in history. The Arabs started the conflict, started the terrorism, started all the wars and lost every single one. 

Dig a little deeper UG...  Israel is a Rothschild creation which is filling it's role as a pawn to inflame the entire ME... When the time comes Israel will cease to exist, of course all for the greater good...  Everything else is Kabuki theater...  Before the knee jerk crowd lights the torches, do a bit of research... 

Typical Jewish global control conspiracy inflammatory garbage. When does it end? And people wonder why most of the world's Jews feel the NEED for a strong Israel to continue to exist ... ??? 

Usually comes from those looking to blame their own failings on others. I know and have worked with many Jewish lawyers. They are generally successful because they are smart, good at what they do and have extremely good work ethic. I don't get this white Supremacist/Muslim global control mentality. Disturbing that white trash, Muslims or whatever would want or hope for the end of an entire culture/state/country. Edited by capcc76
  • Like 2

They are 1/5th of the population and their birth rate has been dropping. Ask me in 200 years.

Indeed. 

Also, the various political Arab parties in Israel are traditionally at odds with each other, internal power struggles and face issues are common. This means that their full electoral potential is never achieved - both during elections, and in parliament.  Then there's an issue of which representatives make it to the parliament, certainly could do better than that lot, if not for them internal politics.

Israel's main electoral issues seem to lie with the Jewish Orthodox religious public and parties, but that is a somewhat different topic.

Wasn't this gigantic cock up caused by the British who,during WW II, promised the land to both the Arabs and the Jews?

Common British tactic, lying to people to get them to join in and then stabbing them in the back after it was all over. Lawrence told the Arabs in WW1 that that they'd get their land if they fought the Turks, and we know how that worked out.

Not to forget that they also betrayed the Turks in the 1800's when they had a war with the Greeks,instead of disembarking them as agreed the royal navy received orders from London to leave the Turkish army where they were,the politics had changed.Thousands were slaughtered. My country was an empire builder, that doesn't go hand in hand with honesty and principals. 

Are you implying that the Rothschilds are closet Christian evangelicals devoted to the Book of Revelations?  Well that is a new, and rather entertaining concept for me. Please go on and elaborate further as I have become bored recently with rehashed theories on such topics as MH370, JFK, and UFOs and I am in need of some summertime reading.

Please don't respond to conspiracy posts.   Usually they are removed, but once in a while they allowed to remain up to.   It would appear that is a mistake.  

Are you implying that the Rothschilds are closet Christian evangelicals devoted to the Book of Revelations?  Well that is a new, and rather entertaining concept for me. Please go on and elaborate further as I have become bored recently with rehashed theories on such topics as MH370, JFK, and UFOs and I am in need of some summertime reading.

Please don't respond to conspiracy posts.   Usually they are removed, but once in a while they allowed to remain up to.   It would appear that is a mistake.  

Who was the Balfour Declaration addressed to ?

Who was the Balfour Declaration addressed to ?

Mrs Balfour ?

• Like 1

If people will just drop their little personal issues with the US (little in the sense if selfish and not big picture for everyone), they would realize that US or someone needs to try and keep this on an even keel as much as possible in this region.

Perhaps the only thing that keeps nukes from flying or a full scale conflict is US pressure to chill out. I am sure Russia is also putting pressure on Assad, Iran and etc., not to cross certain lines. Russia is just less transparent or more silent in its approach.

There are so many serious scenarios that would draw in both Russia and the US. This area is a mess and just letting it escalate serves no one or benefits no one, especially those of you in countries that cannot survive as an isolated economy. US and Russia has natural oil resources and actually can survive as an isolated economy. No one with any sense, however, desires that outcome. Edited by capcc76
  • Like 1

If people will just drop their little personal issues with the US (little in the sense if selfish and not big picture for everyone), they would realize that US or someone needs to try and keep this on an even keel as much as possible in this region.

Perhaps the only thing that keeps nukes from flying or a full scale conflict is US pressure to chill out. I am sure Russia is also putting pressure on Assad, Iran and etc., not to cross certain lines. Russia is just less transparent or more silent in its approach.

There are so many serious scenarios that would draw in both Russia and the US. This area is a mess and just letting it escalate serves no one or benefits no one, especially those of you in countries that cannot survive as an isolated economy. US and Russia has natural oil resources and actually can survive as an isolated economy. No one with any sense, however, desires that outcome.

I agree with you, but the truth around there is that there are many who just cannot resist any opportunity to lambast the U.S., and the chance to excoriate Israel in the same throw is just way too much to resist. 

• Like 1

There are so many serious scenarios that would draw in both Russia and the US. This area is a mess and just letting it escalate serves no one or benefits no one, especially those of you in countries that cannot survive as an isolated economy. US and Russia has natural oil resources and actually can survive as an isolated economy. No one with any sense, however, desires that outcome.

< they would realize that US or someone needs to try and keep this on an even keel as much as possible in this region.>

I'd agree with you, but the US is not the one to do it. They are obviously one eyed when it comes to israel.

Unfortunately, there isn't any other country that can. The UN is exposed as being an empty bag with it's purile utterances, so they aren't an alternative. Britain and Canada ( and Oz ) have allied themselves with israel, so who? The EU- don't make me laugh.