rainy season?

stevehaigh

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chalong is rocking now! This is the loudest storm of the season.

How are the waves at the beaches?

Steady with a bit of heavy in Chalong for the past few hours.

Don't go over the hill to toy town to often but am going tonight to watch the F1 at a mates bar, fingers crossed it throws it down all night over there = FA people.

Was at Nai Harn yesterday and it was very small.

Water level at Bang Wad dam is high. I thought that we did not have a lot of rain during this rain season, but at least enough to fill the dam. I took the photos two days ago.

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

For comparison This is how it looked on June 28th 2014.

IMG_0217.JPG

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that the rain season is not going to give up. Right now ridiculous amount of rain & wind at Ao Por. I lost the power as well.

These after sunset storms seems to be a norm at the moment.

i love this rain in December, i can't remember so much rain so late in the year before. hopefully a good sign to get us through the coming dry season, or is that going to last into July?

just checked http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/ReportsGenMetnet/Daily/DailyObserved7AM-en.pdf

we've had 2.7m of rain so far this year, by far the most of any popular farang location. Samui 1.1m, Pataya 924cm, BKK 1.1m, Chiang Mai 1m and as usual, Hua Hin comes in at the bottom at 610cm. keep on building those golf courses and water parks HH.

Edited by stevehaigh

i love this rain in December, i can't remember so much rain so late in the year before. hopefully a good sign to get us through the coming dry season, or is that going to last into July?

just checked http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/ReportsGenMetnet/Daily/DailyObserved7AM-en.pdf

we've had 2.7m of rain so far this year, by far the most of any popular farang location. Samui 1.1m, Pataya 924cm, BKK 1.1m, Chiang Mai 1m and as usual, Hua Hin comes in at the bottom at 610cm. keep on building those golf courses and water parks HH.

Uhm, 924 and 610 cm are less than 2.7 m?

ok, 924 and 610 mm, i think that was pretty obvious

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 1

ok, 924 and 610 mm, i think that was pretty obvious

Yes, it was, sorry.

The temptation was just too big.