How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2014 at 5:21 AM, apb1919 said:

Reading some of these replies makes me wonder why some people bothered to get married!

I would love to see you in the uk / us / az work away for a month or two and send your wife with kids £200-300 for the month even with the bills paid!

Surely you want your wife to be happy, have a nice time, make sure the kids are looked after, eat well have new things etc?

i live in Thailand for about 9 months of the year, we (Mrs, and x2 kids) will be back in the uk for a few months but when i leave for a month or so i am not worried how much money i put in the joint bank account or how much the Mrs is spending on the credit card i worry that they are happy, having a nice time and are cared for!

Typically when i go away i would put:

18,000 bht - Mortgage on the house

7,500 bht - loan on the car

4,500 bht - phone internet water electric

then

50,000 bht for spending on whatever for the month

i never check this and where its gone and ask for receipts etc, some months i come back and its all gone and she's used 30-40k bht on the credit card other months i come back and 10,000 bht has gone, the main thing is my family is cared for and looked after.

My wife would be the last person to start sending money to her family unless they really needed it and if they did then so what! Yes she loves shopping and buying new clothes and toys for the kids but who doesn't.

if you don't trust your wife then really what is the point!

When we go back to the UK we have joint accounts which my salary goes into and she has full access, like any couple we would discuss any big expenditure but other than that she is her own person.

I still pay for everything back in the uk also:

50,000 bht mortgage

25,000 bht car

20,000 bht bills

and always have paid for everything over both countries but its for my family why would i ever be bitter or have any issues over money, it seams to me this is why most relationships fall down, money comes and goes!

When we go back to the uk i will keep paying for the house and car in Thailand but her family won't be in the house / use the car / motorbikes etc they are for us, she understands this more than i do and wants everything nice and new for when we come back!

the only thing she has ever asked me for in terms of money for her family was to buy her dad a 25,000 bht medical policy as her works in bangkok, and it covers any and all medical problems, he doesn't get the money we buy the policy every year and my wife can know in medical terms he is looked after and has peace of mind.

I cant confess to have read the 22 odd pages this has now spanned but it did spark a little interest when i saw it still on the front page, i do read the forums fairly often but post very little.

Just to say that in the 2 and 1/2 years since i posted this i can honestly say this has been one of the corner stones of our relationship, as it would have been had i married any other lady from any other culture.

I am 31 now and my wife 26 so i dont see a massive age gap personally but everything financially and otherwise is split, we use what we use and if we 'indulge' we do so without affecting the family.

My wife sorts everything in Thailand as she has always done and we have several properties overthere and all i ask once every few months is 'car and houses all sorted and good with no problems?'

Similar to the UK she takes a role with the finances here and makes sure we are all sound as a family.

As i said two years ago if you enter into anything other than a relationship on a trusting basis then whats the point :)

If you want to have fun then do so, if you want a relationship sort the boundaries out from the start so everyone is on a level playing field :)

• Like 2

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 8:27 AM, apb1919 said:

I cant confess to have read the 22 odd pages this has now spanned but it did spark a little interest when i saw it still on the front page, i do read the forums fairly often but post very little.

Just to say that in the 2 and 1/2 years since i posted this i can honestly say this has been one of the corner stones of our relationship, as it would have been had i married any other lady from any other culture.

I am 31 now and my wife 26 so i dont see a massive age gap personally but everything financially and otherwise is split, we use what we use and if we 'indulge' we do so without affecting the family.

My wife sorts everything in Thailand as she has always done and we have several properties overthere and all i ask once every few months is 'car and houses all sorted and good with no problems?'

Similar to the UK she takes a role with the finances here and makes sure we are all sound as a family.

As i said two years ago if you enter into anything other than a relationship on a trusting basis then whats the point :)

If you want to have fun then do so, if you want a relationship sort the boundaries out from the start so everyone is on a level playing field :)

No I haven't read all either ... we now have joint accounts ... now just have seperate one for immigration purpose

• 2 weeks later...

No restrictions on my wife's spending she is not a money waster and shops around for just about anything she  buys

I draw 100k baht out of my bank account at a time when there is still about 30K baht left in the home safe

This amount usually lasts about 2 months as we own everything and do not have any mortgage or loans and pay cash for everything

Usually only time we spend extra money is when going on holidays or making a major purchase 

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 0:40 PM, AlexRRR said:

To answer your question dennis is by taking the money out of the relationship in other words date an equal, or in Thailand someone who has a decent well paid job who owns or is paying off a house etc.

By having a criteria and sticking to it and out of the bars and seedy areas you will find many suitable partners, I'm always amazed at the guys who cough up an allowance to keep there women, now i bet not one of these guys would do it in there home countries so whats with doing it in Thailand?

All marriages all over the world we're based on the man giving his wife money to run the household.  Monied women with a full time job is barely 40 years old as an idea.  Man bread winner - Woman housewife.  A traditional form of marriage. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 05/08/2014 at 6:58 PM, atyclb said:

Me; Zero, 0%, nothing, nada, but if i ask her to drop me or pick me up at the airport i usually cover petrol as a courtesy.

why don't you start asking her for a few thousand baht a month just for the pleasure of having you company. :shock1:

This is true.... I know a Thai lady and she receives about 200k a month from her husband. The hubby is very well off and the Thai girl is an absolute stunner. But even so. She also drives a German high-class car and has gone decidedly hi-so.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

23 hours ago, cms22 said:

This is true.... I know a Thai lady and she receives about 200k a month from her husband. The hubby is very well off and the Thai girl is an absolute stunner. But even so. She also drives a German high-class car and has gone decidedly hi-so.

Would she happen to be available for dating??? :sleepy:    :tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meatboy said:

i dont give my wife NOTHING, she gives ME,its been that way for 27yrs.

After you gave her access to YOUR bank account. :smile: 

I don't give her any allowance, but I ensure that her needs are taken care of.

I encouraged her to start a business. I told her that she'll need to make her own money. She invested in a clothes factory and she makes a small residual income each month (not much, perhaps 100-150k baht, but it's better than nothing considering that she doesn't need to do much work in there).

For the past year, she has been massaging me everyday, making each of my meals, never complaining, and cleaning without a word. In exchange, I got her a new Benz for her birthday.

Her family gets zero from me, except the occasional meal - I made it clear that I'm ready to take care of her, but her family needs to take care of themselves.

We split 50/50 in restaurants.

I pay all household expenses.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 2:31 PM, SiamBeast said:

I don't give her any allowance, but I ensure that her needs are taken care of.

I encouraged her to start a business. I told her that she'll need to make her own money. She invested in a clothes factory and she makes a small residual income each month (not much, perhaps 100-150k baht, but it's better than nothing considering that she doesn't need to do much work in there).

For the past year, she has been massaging me everyday, making each of my meals, never complaining, and cleaning without a word. In exchange, I got her a new Benz for her birthday.

Her family gets zero from me, except the occasional meal - I made it clear that I'm ready to take care of her, but her family needs to take care of themselves.

We split 50/50 in restaurants.

I pay all household expenses.

Seems to be working.....

On 05/08/2014 at 5:21 AM, apb1919 said:

Reading some of these replies makes me wonder why some people bothered to get married!

I would love to see you in the uk / us / az work away for a month or two and send your wife with kids £200-300 for the month even with the bills paid!

Surely you want your wife to be happy, have a nice time, make sure the kids are looked after, eat well have new things etc?

i live in Thailand for about 9 months of the year, we (Mrs, and x2 kids) will be back in the uk for a few months but when i leave for a month or so i am not worried how much money i put in the joint bank account or how much the Mrs is spending on the credit card i worry that they are happy, having a nice time and are cared for!

Typically when i go away i would put:

18,000 bht - Mortgage on the house

7,500 bht - loan on the car

4,500 bht - phone internet water electric

then

50,000 bht for spending on whatever for the month

i never check this and where its gone and ask for receipts etc, some months i come back and its all gone and she's used 30-40k bht on the credit card other months i come back and 10,000 bht has gone, the main thing is my family is cared for and looked after.

My wife would be the last person to start sending money to her family unless they really needed it and if they did then so what! Yes she loves shopping and buying new clothes and toys for the kids but who doesn't.

if you don't trust your wife then really what is the point!

When we go back to the UK we have joint accounts which my salary goes into and she has full access, like any couple we would discuss any big expenditure but other than that she is her own person.

I still pay for everything back in the uk also:

50,000 bht mortgage

25,000 bht car

20,000 bht bills

and always have paid for everything over both countries but its for my family why would i ever be bitter or have any issues over money, it seams to me this is why most relationships fall down, money comes and goes!

When we go back to the uk i will keep paying for the house and car in Thailand but her family won't be in the house / use the car / motorbikes etc they are for us, she understands this more than i do and wants everything nice and new for when we come back!

the only thing she has ever asked me for in terms of money for her family was to buy her dad a 25,000 bht medical policy as her works in bangkok, and it covers any and all medical problems, he doesn't get the money we buy the policy every year and my wife can know in medical terms he is looked after and has peace of mind.

lol posted this almost 3 years ago and just saw this thread float back to the top of the forums.

I got some sarcastic replies and some people thinking i was talking bullshit.

Just to say it was true, our bank account is still joint and we live happily sharing the good times and the not so good :)

Money comes and goes, my Mrs spends a fortune sometimes and not a lot other times, but its all for and about the family :)

That said those figures posed above appear to have, like the years, trippled :(

:)

• Like 2