The thread of all threads

swissie

Gathering 646 posts on a thread called "Mobi's, the new bar on lake Mabrachan" leaves me speechless. Must confess, I hardly ever read past post # 25 on most threads. (=all said, the rest is hot air).

But 646 posts concerning the opening of a bar ??

Humbly, I am asking for a merciful soul, that could convey to me (in a nutshell), what the reason is, that the opening of a bar has drawn 646 responses ( so far).

Cheers.

I like the Mobi thread but I have been folllowing it from the beginning. I wouldn't read through 600 posts in one sitting. Reading first hand about opening and running a bar in Thailand is interesting to me and I like Mobi's writing style. There are a lot of threads that don't interest me and I don't read them and don't complain about them either.

Humbly, I am asking for a merciful soul, that could convey to me (in a nutshell), what the reason is, that the opening of a bar has drawn 646 responses ( so far).

What is it that upsets you so much.

I enjoy perusing Mobi's thread as he's honest that his livelihood depends on the success of the bar. God loves a trier.

A post has been hidden dicussing Thaivisa.com.

You should go to his bar and meet Mobi. He's led an "interesting" life. And is a super individual. Sponsor or not, he deserves respect. I wish him all the best of luck in his new venture.

But it does show the power of the internet. He is a sponsor and is utilizing that for all it's worth. Which is fantastic.

• Like 1

Very good point. Wondered myself and thought it was all quite bizarre, but TIT. Just goes to show that sponsors can reap a bonanza of cheap advertising. And , of course, nobody can criticise

It is the last sentence in your post that is the most telling. And is the reason that no one takes threads like that or what is posted in them seriously. It is just a string of "cheap advertising" that no one can read and get a fair/unbiased idea of what is on offer. And in the end, I expect that approach does more harm to the establishment than it does good.

Edited by Thailaw

Very good point. Wondered myself and thought it was all quite bizarre, but TIT. Just goes to show that sponsors can reap a bonanza of cheap advertising. And , of course, nobody can criticise

It is the last sentence in your post that is the most telling. And is the reason that no one takes threads like that or what is posted in them seriously. It is just a string of "cheap advertising" that no one can read and get a fair/unbiased idea of what is on offer. And in the end, I expect that approach does more harm to the establishment than it does good.

He's doing posts of the sporting events that are upcoming. Many have asked him to post that info, and complained when he wasn't. Ya just can please everybody!

wai2.gif

Mobi Bar? Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The place sounds great. Definitely have to pay a visit.

Where is this place?

Anyone can post directions or map?

Is there music, food & girls?

Is there a Facebook page or website?

You shall find the answers here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722555-mobis-the-new-bar-on-lake-mabprachan/ not surprisingly.

• Like 1

Did your Russian friend ask about the price of the baht bus or where they went?

He also seemed to be up to date with the closing times of the bars and familiar with when to buy his beer at the 7/11.

It would seem his teeth were in good condition as he was not asking for the best and cheapest dentist in town.

• Like 1

I think we could easily beat the Mobi thread. I should start a topic to inquire whether anyone can help this man.

At the beach yesterday morning, while sitting on a sandbag near a bench on the new promenade, I spotted a shirtless tattooed Russian coming out of Starbucks at Central Festival. After pressing the button for the stop light, he fought his way through the Thai motorcyclists riding the wrong way on the sidewalk, Arabs speeding on big bikes, and a pack of Chinese to ask me whether I knew of any nearby real estate agent offices and a good Thai lawyer as, having had such a good time during Songkran last year with other quality tourists, he was now interested in moving from his cheap apartment and buying a condo with TOT internet access near a good dentist and fitness center selling whey protein--and, moreover, furnishing it from IKEA. I didn't know any agents, so he related a tale of his being randomly drug tested with his bargirl girlfriend in a illegally constructed bar on WS that hadn't paid enough tea money to the BIB and having to show a copy of his passport. Still, he ended up so hung over that he'd had to visit Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for an IV drip. After that tale, he announced he was off to have a Chang in front of a 7/11 near Soi 6 before having a massage and, dodging the ladyboys and other pickpockets, enjoy a quick lunch at Pizza Hut or McDonald's--because they don't serve Thai food and never practice dual pricing--and finally catch a baht bus or unmetered taxi to Immigration to do his 90-day report.

I am surprised that your Russian acquaintance had not been the object of a jet ski scam and complaining that the city government had not done anything to rid the beach of those parasites as they have promised so many times before. And didn't he tell you that his bargirl girlfriend really loved him for himself and not his money, but that she really needed help with her sick mother who is in desperate need of an operation in Issan, which B1 million should just about cover. Discussing those events could go on for pages by themselves. And surely he must have stumbled across Villa Market and thought it was the grocery store find of a lifetime. But, alas, after your thread goes on for pages and pages, sets a record for its length and meanders endlessly, the answer to your inquiry, if past posts on TV are any indication, will be "no".

• Like 1

One post has been removed:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

And in line with the above forum rule this topic is now

//CLOSED//