Koh Tao - Police turn focus to friends of slain man

webfact

The doctor said he could not tell what had been used to beat the victims, other than it was a blunt object. The time of death is not known because the bodies had been frozen before autopsy.

Absolutely brilliant. All they had to do was have a qualified person take the internal temperatures of the bodies before they were frozen. How incredibly stupid are these people. And what is wrong with keeping the bodies cool as opposed to freezing them and further damaging the bodies. They must have zero training in preserving and processing a crime scene.

Thailand does not have to answer for this. It is their country. When you arrive, you know what you are getting into. If you are not comfortable with it, don't come.

Yet another useless comment on Thai Visa.

It is very important to try and determine the time and cause of death for a murder, I hope I don't have to explain why. Thailand may be a "developing" country but it is not backwards, this should be done every time and the fact they didn't is a serious oversight so they should be accountable for this balls up.

Cant believe you would just accept this under the banner of "it's their country".

So instead we are supposed to degrade and belittle the country every time this happens ?
Indeed. I have always found positive reinforcement works so much better with the little ones.

Wouldn't want to hurt their sensibilities. I mean at some point in history they worked out that you can't eat soup with a fork, or did someone tell them?

Edited by Thai at Heart

As little respect that I have for the Thai police, I think there was a translation error.

No one freezes bodies.

What they probably meant was they had been refrigerated at the coroner's office.

Splitting hairs, because that is equally as incompetent prior to initial estimates of TOD, which is done on scene.

Of course, TIT, maybe they did freeze them.

Translations are usually subpar here, so most public pronouncement are likely to not be

the clearly stated meaning of the speaker, as well as the cultural mis-communications

that anyone with time here sees regularly.

Right now this thread might be best locked, because the friends of the victims have all been english not of mongol / oriental descent, so this direction has, at this time been ruled out, and there are more than too many threads open on this topic. 2 cents.

• Like 1