Japanese men were planning to fight for ISIS, police say

webfact

Japanese Men Were Planning to Fight for ISIS, Police Say
By MARTIN FACKLER
The New York Times

TOKYO — The Tokyo police said Monday that they were investigating several Japanese men suspected of planning to go to Syria to fight for the jihadist group Islamic State. The police provided few details of the men, whom they described as university students in their 20s who were not actively attending classes.

They said one of the men, identified as a 26-year-old student at a university in Hokkaido, was recruited by the Islamic State via the Internet. The authorities said the men were the first Japanese suspected of wanting to join the Islamic State.

The police offered no additional information. However, the Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan’s biggest newspapers, quoted an unnamed police source as saying that at least one of the men was recruited through a bookstore in Akihabara, a Tokyo neighborhood that is a center of youth culture.

The newspaper said the bookstore posted an advertisement offering unspecified work in Syria, and telling anyone interested to contact the store. The report said that the 26-year-old student might have responded to that advertisement.

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/world/asia/japanese-men-were-planning-to-fight-for-isis-police-say.html

-- The New York Times 2014-10-07

Every weirdo and malcontent on the planet is signing up. It reminds me of the middle class losers that joined the Symbionese Liberation Army, the Manson Gang and the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

i know some malcontent weirdo and he told me he was ready to go....but he gave up because he likes pork

• Like 1

advertisement offering unspecified work in Syria

ISIS Advertisement:

Konnichi-wa, Japanese students!

Come to Syria for some unspecified fun and adventure. Since you are not attending classes anyway, we can teach you a few unspecified things. There will be some unspecified work, but it's easy - like riding a camel, don't lose your head over it! Bring this ad for an unspecified discount on your travel expenses.

See you in Damascus, or thereabouts

unspecifiedly yours, Mohammed's Elite Thumbscewers

i guess anything is better than to be married to one of those high demanding squilling japanese girls that would clean you out even better than the average issaan professional and leave you with nothing, not even your dignity

Slightly surprising that some Japanese would want to do this, but at the end of the day there are misguided low-lives everywhere. You know, the type that can't get a woman, are slightly nutty or just want to be part of a gang. I say let them all go, it'll be easier to take them out when they're all in one place.

I am surprised there are any Pattaya ex-pats left!

It is becoming more evident that a certain portion of the worlds population have desires and vices that most of us regard as unnatural. These might have been the school yard bully, the one who set the random fires, pulled wings off butterflys, destroyed the eggs/babies found in the bird nests, destroyed others property, stole, tortured, killed, mained, etc. They consider themselves above community work/contribution These are the canidates for conscription to a life of hard labor, isolated from the good people of society.

People have to realize there are evil folks out there, when found they need to be dealt with quickly and severly enough to slow the growth of this cancer.

• Like 2

Every weirdo and malcontent on the planet is signing up. It reminds me of the middle class losers that joined the Symbionese Liberation Army, the Manson Gang and the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

i know some malcontent weirdo and he told me he was ready to go....but he gave up because he likes pork

Porking whom may I ask.

It is becoming more evident that a certain portion of the worlds population have desires and vices that most of us regard as unnatural. These might have been the school yard bully, the one who set the random fires, pulled wings off butterflys, destroyed the eggs/babies found in the bird nests, destroyed others property, stole, tortured, killed, mained, etc. They consider themselves above community work/contribution These are the canidates for conscription to a life of hard labor, isolated from the good people of society.

People have to realize there are evil folks out there, when found they need to be dealt with quickly and severly enough to slow the growth of this cancer.

I actually eat eggs, yummy what does that make me.

what are u talking about?most of the isis guys come from a world where there is no space for anything but religion

even worst in africa where after learning to speak the first thing they do is shooting. 99% of your bullies work at the silicon valley or in some bank or in the police