Manchester City

mrbojangles

Great result,worth getting up at 3 am for.

Anichebe shouldn't have been sent off,and only an unlucky own goal gave City any chance of grabbing a point.

Must have been a great game to watch but I thought it was going to be a foregone conclusion - City win, especially on our current form. Well done for having the belief to get up at 3am.

For having the belief to get out of bed and walk to the lounge to watch your team. :unsure::lol:

My thoughts too. What's with this fair weather support sharecropper? biggrin.gif

Bit far for me to travel from Ubon.

Last time I did I went from Mcr Airport to the ground,ticket paid for by my City supporter friend,and watched Cahill score the winner and then get sent off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340298/Manchester-City-1-Everton-2-Tim-Cahill-Leighton-Baines-help-10-man-Toffees-upstage-Carlos-Tevez.html

This is a good report on the game.

Anichebe shouldn't have been sent off,and only an unlucky own goal gave City any chance of grabbing a point.

Must have been a great game to watch but I thought it was going to be a foregone conclusion - City win, especially on our current form. Well done for having the belief to get up at 3am.

For having the belief to get out of bed and walk to the lounge to watch your team. :unsure::lol:

My thoughts too. What's with this fair weather support sharecropper? biggrin.gif

I don't have Premiership footy on my TV package, so for me it would entail getting up at 3am then either driving into town or getting a motorbike taxi to find a bar open that will have it on.

Are you for real? Apart from the fact you only had 4 shots against our 26 and you were permanently camped in your half, we had 2 stone wall penalties turned down. Saying all that, well done for defending like you did, we couldn't get through you but you were flying by the seats of your pants. As for Anichebe, he did 2 soft fouls that got him 2 yellow cards so it's off you go. The same happened with Kolo Toure for us.

I don't have Premiership footy on my TV package, so for me it would entail getting up at 3am then either driving into town or getting a motorbike taxi to find a bar open that will have it on.

Fair enough.

Straying off onto another discussion here, but if Turd Visions is worth the money for anyone, it is surely for the footie fan.

Well I'm extremely happy with the displays against Newcastle and Villa. Last night also showed that we are not just a one man team, Ballotelli's penalties were brilliant if not slightly arrogant.

Yep two good performances in a row puts you up there now, a home game against Blackpool next and then the Arse,if you win both it will be time to take you lot very seriously. v with yet another addition.

Edin Dzeko

Well I'm extremely happy with the displays against Newcastle and Villa. Last night also showed that we are not just a one man team, Ballotelli's penalties were brilliant if not slightly arrogant.

They are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

Having said that, Villa were awful, werent at the races at all.

I took 80/1 on them being relegated several weeks ago.... thats looking better by the day!! :lol:

I think City are a different team when De Jong plays. He is a fantastic player.

He scored with 2 penalties Wooooooooow, how can scoring a penalty be brilliant and they weren't exactly hit in the roof of the net ;) you obviously ain't got much else to get excited about :lol::D

Edited by alfieconn

He scored with 2 penalties Wooooooooow, how can scoring a penalty be brilliant and they weren't exactly hit in the roof of the net ;) you obviously ain't got much else to get excited about :lol::D

If they spend another 50 odd million and get the guy from Wolfsburgthey'll probably get a top four finish, but it will have been very expensive. What a feeling of pride :ermm::D I just hope its not at our expense, but theres still a long way to go and the top five will start to pull away now.

^ They're playing well right now...I don't see much difference bringing in Dzeko apart from obviously strength in depth which is always going to bring a few extra points so top four is likely on the mark.

Of the five clubs in the running there aint too much to choose from...might come down to injuries to key players but one thing is we need a striker and without that its likely we'll end up in that fifth spot unfortunate to say.

Mind you to put in proper perspective....our game in hand against Blackpool...win that and we're two points behind Citeh. ;)

He scored an hatrick but watch the 2 penalties. For a lad of his young years, his calmness is amazing. He could shoot the ref in front of 40,000 fans and still pass a lie detector test. Beleive me, I've got lots to be excited about at the moment and it's not a minute too soon for a long suffering blue.

He scored an hatrick but watch the 2 penalties. For a lad of his young years, his calmness is amazing. He could shoot the ref in front of 40,000 fans and still pass a lie detector test. Beleive me, I've got lots to be excited about at the moment and it's not a minute too soon for a long suffering blue.

mmh, only 2 weeks ago i saw city play west ham, i was impressed with balotellis calmness after being booked , and his all round general calm attitude to being subbed , , i thought , that young chaps attitude is certainly an asset to his teammates :D

mmh, only 2 weeks ago i saw city play west ham, i was impressed with balotellis calmness after being booked , and his all round general calm attitude to being subbed , , i thought , that young chaps attitude is certainly an asset to his teammates :D

Now your starting to sound like a jounalist from red tops. Don't get me wrong, i still have concerns about his overall attitude but give credit were creit is due.

Penalties taken that way look brilliant for the sheer audacity when they come off, but very daft when they don't. Personally, i much prefer a no nonsense high into the net, far left/right blaster, without the show boating.

Looks like just another big trouble-making ego in the dressing room, that sees the club as a get-rich stop-gap. Be gone in 6 months, a year. Long term, not a good move in my book, but i think the owners and the fans are so desperate for success that they don't care if it is at the expense of short-sightedness.

certainly mr b, in the same game i reckon yaya toures all round individual_team performance was fantastic, best player by a mile,

you had better watch or spurs will buy him ;)

Don't need him my old china :D

He is an upgrade on ANY midfielder you have.

But it is a mute point as you cant afford him ;)

If they spend another 50 odd million and get the guy from Wolfsburgthey'll probably get a top four finish, but it will have been very expensive. What a feeling of pride :ermm::D I just hope its not at our expense, but theres still a long way to go and the top five will start to pull away now.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

You are hilarious!!!

You slagged me off weeks ago for saying I guarantee we would finish top 4!!

Now you concede we probably will!! But is that on the basis that we buy Dzeko? Maybe if we dont buy him then we wont finish 4th, is that it? :cheesy:

Or maybe you thought that we were skint members and that we would not be buying anyone in January, or maybe, or maybe or maybe???????????????

Top 4 finish for sure... at the expense of Spurs? Probably :guitar:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

You are hilarious!!!

You slagged me off weeks ago for saying I guarantee we would finish top 4!!

Now you concede we probably will!! But is that on the basis that we buy Dzeko? Maybe if we dont buy him then we wont finish 4th, is that it? :cheesy:

Or maybe you thought that we were skint members and that we would not be buying anyone in January, or maybe, or maybe or maybe???????????????

Top 4 finish for sure... at the expense of Spurs? Probably :guitar:

Oh dear.

The attitude of JD is the reason why so many would love Money City to slip up.

So similar to the attitude of Chelsea fans a few years ago.

Edited by carmine

certainly mr b, in the same game i reckon yaya toures all round individual_team performance was fantastic, best player by a mile,

Thats a matter of opinion :o

Edited by alfieconn

Its also another stupid ill thought out post. :lol:

Its also another stupid ill thought out post. :lol:

Really?? So name me 1, genius? You continue to put your big size 10s in your gob.

And re my attitude, you mean because I say we will finish top 4, you then come on here and say its nonsense, then a few weeks later repeat what I first predicted. :lol:

I have heard of flip flopping, but you dont seem to know your ars from your elbow :blink:

Tottenham cannot afford Yaya. Thats a fact, I am not rubbing it in, just stating fact <_<

Agreed

In reply to post #4338

Firstly, i don't care much for the rude tone of you post. Shallow and childish. I have'nt heard so much emotion from you since you had that hissy fit with englander that ended up ruining an interesting thread.

Secondly, just because "you" seem to value one one your players higher than ours does not mean the rest of the football world has to agree with you.

Now, bore off, please. :)

In reply to post #4338

Firstly, i don't care much for the rude tone of you post. Shallow and childish. I have'nt heard so much emotion from you since you had that hissy fit with englander that ended up ruining an interesting thread.

Secondly, just because "you" seem to value one one your players higher than ours does not mean the rest of the football world has to agree with you.

Now, bore off, please. :)

In fairness carmine, the tone of your posts aren't anything to be proud of. Tis you who has come in here and been giving little digs at City and calling jacks posts "stupid". Surely that opens the door for a rebuff.

Jack only pointed out that Yaya was a higher valued player than you have, this is the type of thing that is said by supporters of most teams on here about one of their players. This isn't rude and is subject to opinion (which he has agreed on).