State prosecutor orders police to question more before indicting the murder suspects in court

Lite Beer

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were religious, I'd say "I pray" this atrocity and obvious possible cover-up has finally awoken the wider world to the unacceptable corruption that, some say, plagues the RTP and possibly/probably beyond.

Justice is an inherent desire in us all.

It's as intrinsic a desire/need to our human makeup (and almost as necessary) as air, water, food and sleep.

It's as important to us as is freedom (because another word for Justice is Freedom, with all the responsibilities that such freedom demands, such as the very Justice which invoked that Freedom in the first instance).

Without justice, Thailand can never truly claim to be a free society.

Certain Hi-So heads need to, metaphorically, roll over this afair.

We....not just the family and friends of these victims and those other unavanged victims who have gone before, although they more so, NEED to see proper justice served, in this matter.

The world needs to see it done.

"I pray" it comes to pass.

• Like 1

Mr Thawatchai Siengjiew, disclosed that the working group of prosecutors have ordered the police to probe into more issues and to question more witnesses and find more circumstantial evidence before the state prosecutor could prosecute them in the court.

If they had a DNA match this would be hard evidence. No need for circumstantial evidence. Just motive and opportunity.

Apparently this case has many holes and the DNA is inconclusive or unsubstantiated. Many have already posed the question as to why the DNA didn't match when they were first tested that first week.

Human Rights Office officials said they received complaints that the two Myanmar suspects were beaten by the police during the interrogation.

They said from the interview with the suspects also confirmed they were beaten.

However a cross check of the suspects’ claim with Koh Pha-ngan police chief Pol Col Prachum Ruangthong showed there was no beating as claimed by the suspect. The officer confirmed no beating or torture.

I seem to recall when these Burmy men had their first interview with their own delegates from their country. The lawyer stated the men showed bruises and pictures were taken.

Isn't that enough proof that these men were tortured?

Can you imagine the line of questioning to the Police Colonel? Did any of your officers beat the defendants? Uhh! NO..... Ok thanks.

Any admittance to torture will make the case finished and throw water at the face of the police, the Col, and even Gen Prayuth for his support of them and outspoken opinion about this.

• Like 1

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:
Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

That would be Nomsod's uncle (his father's brother) Mon who was pictured with the police at the crime scene. Mon was later pulled in for questioning and then let go by the RTP, as was Nomsod's father (the village headman, or ex-headman depending on which report you read). Mon was photographed by Sean after allegedly threatening him. All of them have connections to the AC bar where the victims were last seen alive.

Thanks for the update re the father. I stand corrected. That's his uncle.. Not a policeman though ha.. Wouldn't you just love to see the phone records of all these people that morning. Now that would be an interesting chain of events. Who did Nomsod first call then so on and so on. You want to know the people involved get the phone records.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What happened to their blood stained clothing then??? , must have been a lot of spatter from the hoe!!!
Then of course if these guys where singing folk songs it seems natural to take a hoe along don't you think!!!
Then theirs the case of that other lad who allegedly fell 50 meters but found with no broken bones in the sea!!!
The British Consulate needs to be more vocal on these issues

Do you have any proof that the two Myanmar boys actually took the hoe to the location?

Well if the police say they didn't do it then that's OK.

Happily it looks like they don't have enough"evidence" to prosecute two innocent men.

They only do not have enough evidence because they assume the whole world (Myanmar and GB) are watching. If they (prosecutors) would not assume that the whole world was watching they (suspects) would have been executed already as the suspects seem not to have enough money to buy their way out.

Edited by wernerkl

This's hugely significant.

The judges don't want to be seen as the ones that put an innocent men away. They know the world is watching, they will know fine well who really did this. Considering that Judges are allegedly the most corrupt people in Thailand, this speaks volumes.

This is not over by a long shot and i hope our cops get their feet on the ground ASAP so we get there before the window closes.

The main thing that must happen right now is these poor lads get released back to Burma and their families. The stitch up of them is as cruel as the actual murders for me

• Like 1

When Madelaine McCann went missing in Portugal the case created so much interest that eventually the Portuguese authorities were forced (by public opinion) to allow British Police to carry out their own investigation. This was despite the Portuguese Police objections. This case is ongoing with the British Police having progressed much further than their Portuguese counterparts.

If the Thai authorities had any sense they would welcome British Police involvement, not mere 'observer' status, even if the RTP objected. Whatever the outcome, even if the British confirmed the RTP's conclusions, the the World be be much better satisfied with this matter, something that is very lacking at present.

What happened to the witness at the early stages of the investigation who claimed a foreigner , helped kill them, also in a separate blog on CSI ,(which was removed, shortly after) from someone local, ' it was a certain foreigner who had injuries and blood on him next day' , who has fled .

Yes, i wonder why the prosecutor is asking for more details on what the witnesses claimed, and if they have lied why are they free from prosecusion of some sort themselves .

This is total chaos .

Confessions, DNA and witnesses aren't enough? rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

Otherwise, "hey, the guys we picked up are Burmese nobodies, so just sentence them to death quickly and be done with it."

The real problem is that the BIB have never allowed anybody who might represent an impartial entity to be involved in the investigation. It's all been done behind their own closed doors. The DNA evidence shouldn't even be admissible as they didn't bring in a forensics physician to oversee the process and that apparently may be a legal requirement. Their only defense for failing to do that was that they didn't know they had to, and we all know that ignorance of the law is no excuse.

And it doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to believe that a confession was beaten out of these guys.

This whole case stinks of a frame up.

Many post contain reference to the common doubt regarding the integrity and abilities of the RTP and rightly so however the real malignancy is within the "Fog of Law"within the Thai judicial system which is repressive, slothful and manipulated at every turn. Justice is just a fleeting notion unless this behemoth is revised and completely overhauled and positions for senior judges are provided based on proven integrity,ability and experience and not connections. Without this nothing can or will change or improve.

• Like 1

If I were religious, I'd say "I pray" this atrocity and obvious possible cover-up has finally awoken the wider world to the unacceptable corruption that, some say, plagues the RTP and possibly/probably beyond.

Justice is an inherent desire in us all.

It's as intrinsic a desire/need to our human makeup (and almost as necessary) as air, water, food and sleep.

It's as important to us as is freedom (because another word for Justice is Freedom, with all the responsibilities that such freedom demands, such as the very Justice which invoked that Freedom in the first instance).

Without justice, Thailand can never truly claim to be a free society.

Certain Hi-So heads need to, metaphorically, roll over this afair.

We....not just the family and friends of these victims and those other unavanged victims who have gone before, although they more so, NEED to see proper justice served, in this matter.

The world needs to see it done.

"I pray" it comes to pass.

Couldn't agree with you more but we have Farang heads and were brought up to believe in justice, respecting the laws of our country and the inherent desires that go with those teachings. After a good few years of living here i can barely detect any wish in Thai society for the same values that we hold. It's a much more me,me and me culture and as long as 'my family' is doing ok then i don't give much of a stuff what happens to other people, be it Thai's or Farang. The only time 'the people ' will protest about anything is when they are being paid to do so or being promised some sort of huge carrot afterwards. There is no popular movement for justice that is noticeable, at least on the public surface, because any serious call on the authorities for transparency where it involves the rich or people of so called 'High So ' standing is met by threats of death to individuals and even whole family's. There is no 'cure' for these problems other than the complete re-education of an entire population and sadly i can't see any sign of that happening in the near or distant future.

• Like 2

What happened to their blood stained clothing then??? , must have been a lot of spatter from the hoe!!!

Then of course if these guys where singing folk songs it seems natural to take a hoe along don't you think!!!

Then theirs the case of that other lad who allegedly fell 50 meters but found with no broken bones in the sea!!!

I'm just glad we're past the epidemic of suicides by guys found with their hands tied behind their back and plastic bags over their heads. And the spate of foreigners accidentally falling off balconies of buildings taller than eleven stories.

I'm just glad we're past the epidemic of suicides by guys found with their hands tied behind their back and plastic bags over their heads. And the spate of foreigners accidentally falling off balconies of buildings taller than eleven stories.

Indeed if the Burmese guys were the killers they would have been covered in blood spatter.

I think that the likely scenario was that the guy seen running in the shorts (still not clear to me if he changed shorts or not and who looks identical to you know who) jumped in the ocean to wash the blood off him, disposed of his blood spattered clothing, and changed into the victims?? or some other shorts?

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

I think the Brits have told the Thais that they have done their own DNA check and there isn't a match. You're now seeing the Thai side scrambling around for some kind of face save.

First thing is to buy some time by delaying the court case and passing it back to the responsibility of the police. Look for some announcements in coming days of technical problems with the machines used to do the DNA check plus some kind of other development that couldn't possibly have been foreseen by the police.

So a new conclusion might be reached, but of course it's not the fault of the police that they accused the wrong men and the changed result is due to their own efforts, nothing to do with the public or the Brits.

• Like 1