PM Prayut: Only 10 percent of 18 million tonnes of rice in stockpiles are good

webfact

PM: Only 10 percent of 18 million tonnes of rice in stockpiles are good

10-29-2014-9-18-07-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Only 10 percent of the 18 million tonnes of rice in stockpiles since June are of good quality and in good condition, 70 percent of them are of poor quality with the grains turn yellowish and the rest 20 percent have become rotten and inedible, said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Tuesday.

Regarding some 100,000 tonnes of rice which have mysteriously gone missing from the book, the prime minister said that the National Anti-Corruption Commission would investigate the case to ascertain how they had gone missing, where was the mistake and who would be held accountable.

But as far as the government is concerned, the prime minister said the government’s role and responsibility was to take good care of the people and would try to offload the stockpiled rice from the storages but at prices which would not affect the prices of the new rice crops.

General Prayut pointed out at the need of farmers to have their own barn or storage which, he said, to store their crops when the prices are down and to sell them when the prices are right. The rice storages can help stabilize rice prices, he added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-10-percent-18-million-tonnes-rice-stockpiles-good/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-29

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad.png Indeed this sad news when more people are dying form hunger. Most states are committing crime for humanity in the name of economics. Should have been donated to the West African countries where there is Ebola outbreak that requires aid. sad.png

Already suffering from Ebola and you want to punish them further with Thai rice!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

90% gone bad in just four months??

And before anyone get started on YL, this was under the present government!!coffee1.gif

Unbelievable the intelligence of some red posters. The rice gone bad under the YL government and of course got worse under this one. There was just no storage good enough available. Unlike you I realize you can't just change that fast. Its all a result of YL and she should be punished for it. She was responsible. She set up the program had to check it and made sure the storage was good. We see the result.

Wish they could again impound Thaksins money to pay for this loss.

And no yellow shirts made a satang out of the Rice Scheme?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And next you will be saying NO YELLOWS made out of the 1st time car buyer scheme coffee1.gif

Edited by binnsy1
  • Like 2

Amazing they can investigate something of the complexity of this, but Mr Pannada struggles to identify anything with the microphones.

Real amazing how farang redskirts like you like to deflect the topic at hand. The massive loss denied by YL is here its confirmed and you bring up some microphones (guy should be punished too for sure but it is not this topic and kind pales in comparison)

Interesting to see, how you label anyone disagreeing with you on any topic as redshirts!!

It is not all red or yellow, you as Dutch should know that!! (hint orange)!!whistling.gif

You can call me yellow if you like... but you are on purpose distorting facts for propaganda and an other tries to deflect the whole topic by comparing it to something relatively minor (financial impact wise) to this. (the guy should be punished too.. no tolerance here for corruption)

• Like 1

90% gone bad in just four months??

And before anyone get started on YL, this was under the present government!!coffee1.gif

Unbelievable the intelligence of some red posters. The rice gone bad under the YL government and of course got worse under this one. There was just no storage good enough available. Unlike you I realize you can't just change that fast. Its all a result of YL and she should be punished for it. She was responsible. She set up the program had to check it and made sure the storage was good. We see the result.

You start to sound like ginjag!!w00t.gif

Factually ofcourse you are right, but I was merely answering to the OP's "rice in stockpiles since June".

And thank you for worrying about my intelligence, thank you just fine!!coffee1.gif

Of course i was right, and you realized it right away. You tried to use an error in journalism for redshirt propaganda. That is even worse then because you knew it.

It is all part of the big conspiracy, who wants to see an (however stupid and/or corrupt) elected government!!

Dangerous stuff!!w00t.gif

Amazing they can investigate something of the complexity of this, but Mr Pannada struggles to identify anything with the microphones.

Real amazing how farang redskirts like you like to deflect the topic at hand. The massive loss denied by YL is here its confirmed and you bring up some microphones (guy should be punished too for sure but it is not this topic and kind pales in comparison)

Real amazing, The topic is RICE, not your name calling "redskirts" and your contempt for any who support YL or redshirts, and yeah the mic's (corruption) debacle is well swept under the rug and will stay there, no one held responsible for that, so why are you not showing the same contempt? BIAS maybe???

I wonder how will the government sell this low quality rice without affecting the rice prices due to the impending harvest next month?

So how will it be stored, as many farmers do not have storage, and the accountability of rice purchases, condition, and payments to farmers? and so-on?

Rice issues in the next six months, things will really either heat up for the new guy's in power, or just play out.

• Like 2

yellow and rotten. no wonder Costco discontinued bringing Thai rice in unpackaged. Costco now markets only Thai rice under their own Kirkland brand after it's checked carefully at Costco warehouse locations. people no longer can trust Thai rice. The investigation of the 100,000 tons gone missing off the books will be a laugher. That's the last we will ever hear about it.

• Like 1

Interesting to see, how you label anyone disagreeing with you on any topic as redshirts!!

It is not all red or yellow, you as Dutch should know that!! (hint orange)!!whistling.gif

You can call me yellow if you like... but you are on purpose distorting facts for propaganda and an other tries to deflect the whole topic by comparing it to something relatively minor (financial impact wise) to this. (the guy should be punished too.. no tolerance here for corruption)
Wouldn't have mattered who was in charge. They all got a slice of the pie but when they realized the game was up they turned on each other like wolves. This is not about yellow or red, this is the standard corruption scheme in this country.

You can blame it all on Thaksin and Yingluck all you want Rob but this would have happened under any colored banner here.

The blame for the RTP scandal in Kho Tao doesn't soley fall to the reds do it. Because here we have governmental officials commending the police for the botched up job. Yellow or Red, it doesn't really matter, to the fact, they are all pretty much the same when it comes to corruption.

Edited by maxme

I think the govt has decided to stop the "slow bleeding" of trying to keep a happy face on the rice storage situation and the govt's ability to sell any significant amounts of the stored rice. The rice is just rotting! Best just to offload it cheaply at a fraction of its cost to whoever wants to buy it and for whatever purposes (i.e., maybe make biofuel, fertilizer, etc). Start anew. The rice buying scheme of the past govt will go down in Thai history (to be quickly forgotten of course) as a populist program which was a failure and probably the most costly in the nation's history.

• Like 2

You start to sound like ginjag!!w00t.gif

Factually ofcourse you are right, but I was merely answering to the OP's "rice in stockpiles since June".

And thank you for worrying about my intelligence, thank you just fine!!coffee1.gif

Of course i was right, and you realized it right away. You tried to use an error in journalism for redshirt propaganda. That is even worse then because you knew it.

It is all part of the big conspiracy, who wants to see an (however stupid and/or corrupt) elected government!!

Dangerous stuff!!w00t.gif

Yes that has so much to do with what i posted, not even one word about how you knew what you posted was wrong and was used to mislead people but you posted it anyway. Moving the topic in the direction where you want it bad junta good PTP.

• Like 1