DNA test will clear my son: Koh Tao headman

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think that samples were sent to a laboratory in Singapore?

I'm pretty sure they weren't though, would appreciate a link if they were.

Initial samples form the victims WERE sent to SP for analyses. That's how they could determine it was asian dna.

Why does everyone think that samples were sent to a laboratory in Singapore?

I'm pretty sure they weren't though, would appreciate a link if they were.

As I understand the timeline it was,

Test by the FBI - No, test in Singapore - No, test locally as the facilities etc exist.

I'm pretty sure nothing went to Singapore.

• Like 2

Here is a little exercise for all the keyboard vigilante/crimefighters.

Put yourself in the fathers place and find society making threats and claims against your family and livelihood without having a shred of evidence.

Ofcourse its far easier for more blah, blah blah from this crowd.

Clutch,

If the kid is innocent then I also sympathize with the father but at the same time we need to remember who we are dealing with and where we are.

The ONLY way I would believe the DNA test results, would be if the British investigators took the DNA samples themselves, then personally took it back to London for analysis.

The RTP just do not seem to understand that they have ZERO credibility, even amongst the majority of Thais.

They're very credible if conspiracy theorists want to use something they share or state something that they can use to support their conspiracy theories but not at all credible when they make statements or have evidence that disproves the latest theory.

"MEDICAL TEAMS from four institutes yesterday joined the process to conduct DNA tests"

This gives "plausible deniability" if results later shown to be "questionable". Wasn't us, but check lab X". Like Marx Brothers with Zeppo thrown in to make 4. "Tis many a slip twixt cup and the lip"

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

You really adore this word 'conspiracy' don't you. The fact is however there is only one conspiracy going on here and that is to cover up the real killers.

• Like 2

"This sharing can affect the society. It can cause social division and hurt Thailand's and Koh Tao's tourism economy," he said, adding that sharing false information on the Internet was an offence under the Computer Crimes Act.'

The coup was about reforms and elections. But the legal system appears to be intact. Corruption was to be eliminated? But just look at the way the two accused have been paraded before the media as the culprits; fingers pointing. Then there were the gearbox cheats for many millions of baht. The military court where no record taking could be made by spectators or the court judge name is published.

The fruit canning company takes media reporter to court for defaming their good name? First round is a stalemate, 2nd round still to go to court. No charges of Canning company officials or finger pointing for human trafficing?

The main opposition party can't get the guernsey to run the country so a new constitution is now being prepared to turn the tide against a populist government, but in all essence the deposed group provides polices that improve the lives of the majority of people living in the country. A concept the elite democrats cannot come to grips with.

Over 70% of GDP is spent on Bangkok? The argument is they pay the greater tax, but fair distribution and decentralistion of government is not on the agenda.

The court system is described as politicised and a decision is available to the highest bidder. This only leads to the people that can afford an outcome; and highly unlikely for a neutral outcome. It just doesn't happen.

One of the cornerstones to this case is corruption. If the investigation is shown to be tainted by due process, then the whole world will make their own minds up. If the two accused die during the proceedings, then this will also be looked at harsh.

So this donkey is worried if someone on social media makes a derogatory comment that affects his standing in the community, then the Thai legal system has a lot to answer for, which is reflected by how this government views these proceedings.

If nothing changes nothing changes.

There is a lot more at stake than someone's feelings?whistling.gif

whistling.gif

• Like 1

I made this same post in another thread, sorry didn't see this thread till after I posted in other.

I think the post I made is better for this thread so here it is again:

No slander, no false accusation. Here is a link to an interesting Q & A about forensic DNA testing:

http://www.esr.cri.n...ges/DNAfaq.aspx

Maybe a little background information on Forensic DNA testing will help people to understand what is going on and how tough of a job it really is. Especially how long it takes to get results of a forensic DNA test. I think the police are doing a great job despite all the hurdles they have encountered. It showed a well greased machine to be able to take DNA samples and have final results back so quickly.

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

They have NOT been cleared. All we have seen are threats from the father and now the police chief about talking about the case. Such threats send up a LOT of red flags to me. Something really reeks about this case, and most of the stench is coming from the RTP and this headman and his family.

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they "officially cleared" him.

You have to ask HOW they did such a thing considering they didn't take a DNA sample?

He was not on the island.

They already have the suspects in custody whose DNA does match ... so it would be impossible for his DNA to match too.

The took DNA from his father and uncle after placing them in custody as suspect.

If the father is looking to sue people for damaging his family's reputation and business, he should start with the police force because they are the ones who put out there that they were looking for his son as a person of interest in the first place. That is what led social media to latch onto the boy as a suspect, otherwise, no one would be the wiser. I wonder if that will happen.

• Like 1

Why wait 6 weeks to do the test if you're innocent? Why do the test at all if you are guilty? This doesn't make sense.

Makes 100% sense if you read the news. He was already cleared by police and his doing this test is to try to clear his name publicly after all the nutters were posting baseless theories as fact and had people believing this stuff. Not everybody will be convinced but clearly they believe this is a step towards waking up some folks who have been duped by the make believe online detectives trying to promote baseless theories and who are now promoting theories of why he must be guilty for doing the test now. .

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Why wait 6 weeks to do the test if you're innocent? Why do the test at all if you are guilty? This doesn't make sense.

Makes 100% sense if you read the news. He was already cleared by police and his doing this test is to try to clear his name publicly after all the nutters were posting baseless theories as fact and had people believing this stuff. Not everybody will be convinced but clearly they believe this is a step towards waking up some folks who have been duped by the make believe online detectives trying to promote baseless theories and who are now promoting theories of why he must be guilty for doing the test now. .

Have you looked at csila page where they are talking about falang supporting the headmans family and a diving business ?

this question needs answers who is wearing number 9

Can you identify the names of the two people next to him in the still? What are their names? Did police take DNA from them? Where were they when the murders took place? What criminal records do they have? Was their phone records checked. What time did they leave the island after the murders ......

Oh wait, your not part of the investigation and have no reason to be privy to such information. With this in mind lets pretend the one on the far right was involved and make up theories because of things we don't know ... of course ignoring the fact the semen was already matched to two people in custody.

• Like 1

Your first question is completely valid. Why wait indeed. As to the second, well if hypothetically speaking, you are guilty, you would wait until you were able to take a falsified test to show you are innocent, when in fact, you weren't.

But this test will not be a match. If the Burmese guys did it, his DNA will not match. If the Burmese guys didn't do it but were fitted up with a falsified DNA test, then there will still not be a match to this guy because his DNA is being compared to a false sample.

The only real proof would be if this latest DNA sample were compared to original DNA obtained from the victims body. Although some say that the British may have that from when the bodies were sent home, I very much doubt that the BIB would have allowed the bodies to leave Thailand with any incriminating DNA. That's assuming it is even medically possible to obtain DNA from an embalmed body..

So a non event really. This test won't make him guilty and it won't stop people speculating that he could be guilty.