South Korean plunges to death from 26th floor of a condominium

Lite Beer

South Korean plunges to death from 26th floor of a condominium

BANGKOK: -- A South Korean national plunged to his death from the 26th floor of a condominium in Sukhumvit area on Tuesday.

The victim was identified as Mr Kim Yong-krok, 36. He was said to have checked into the serviced condominium since January 4.

A masseuse, 58-year old Ms Kong-ngern Duangprathum, who was with the victim at the time of the fatal plunge told police that she gave a massage to her client for about one hour.

After that he asked her to take a photo of him at the veranda and then he shifted to sit on the railing of the veranda and, out of a sudden, he slipped and fell to the ground below.

Ms Kong-ngern said when she recovered from the shock she alerted the condominium staff.

Thonglor police later searched the victim’s room to find out if there was any foul play but did not find anything wrong. A police officer said he suspected the victim might be drunk but did not rule out other possible motives.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/south-korean-plunges-death-26th-floor-condominium

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-06

mmm me thinks if this were a European or an Aussie all the armchair detectives and TV crew would be battling it out here but being a Korean it is eerily quiet

I guess because he is Korean nothing is suspicious

I have said a heartfelt prayer for this rich good looking man that died too young - bless his soul Amen Amen Amen

• Like 2

mmm me thinks if this were a European or an Aussie all the armchair detectives and TV crew would be battling it out here but being a Korean it is eerily quiet

I have said a heartfelt prayer for this rich good looking man that died too young - bless his soul Amen Amen Amen

Maybe you need to find a Korean forum. There you may find people commenting on this case who haven't given two hoots about the Brits murder.

Its all subjective.

Would you have said a heart felt prayer if he had been a poor man ? Guessing you knew the guy and how much money he had.

It's disgusting but i have noticed this type of racist actions. It's as if being asian his life is worthless.

You do realize there are several threads on here about 2 Burmese kids who could face the death penalty ?

You should think about the people of whom you regard as disgusting racists, are the same people who have paid money into their defense.

Now go crawl back into the same hole you came out of.

Edited by berybert
  • Like 2

It's disgusting but i have noticed this type of racist actions. It's as if being asian his life is worthless.

Calm down. There isn't anything to be suspicious about.

I'd consider a 58-year-old masseuse to be a rather benign threat to my life.

Perched on a balustrade for Facebook photos whether sober or drunk carries far more risk.

• Like 1

Ms Kong-ngern said when she recovered from the shock she alerted the condominium staff.

Who knows with the way they write these things but unless she took an abnormal time to "recover from the shock" then why report this? And if she did take an abnormal time, then that is suspicious (possibly getting rid of evidence like sign of struggle). Maybe she was scared she could be implicated and wondered what to do for a couple minutes but I don't buy shock ... instincts say to report, scream, get help or whatever despite there not very unlikely being anything to help if he fell at that height but to stand there in the room in shock and do nothing sounds strange .... but am speculating on nothing because never can make sense of what is relevant or not in these news articles.

• Like 1

Korean's fatal plunge from Thong Lor condo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Korean tourist yesterday plunged off a luxury condominium in Bangkok's Thong Lor area to his death, in what police described as an accident, based on statements by a masseuse who was taking his photo while he was sitting on the balcony's edge.

Thong Lor police, quoting the unnamed masseuse, said the Korean, whose name was withheld, asked her to take his photo before he was due to check out. After she took two shots, the man changed his position by sitting on the balcony's edge, and fell.

Police said the man, 36, rented a room on the 26th floor of the unnamed 29-storey condominium off Thong Lor Road for Bt2,600 per day after he checked in on Sunday. Thong Lor police are interviewing the woman, who has not been charged or suspected of foul play.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koreans-fatal-plunge-from-Thong-Lor-condo-30251365.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-07

Did he actually sit on the balcony railing?

Police found the photo of him sitting on the balcony railing taken by the Masseuse just before he slipped and fall to his death.

Source

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/473188

http://www.thairath.co.th/media/EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuFNCgQiN3vEv2PlLs1d1qBYXHoh8Dm2Z4xz4AuX.jpg

Edited by sanmyintmaung
  • Like 2

If it was an oil massage he could quite easily lose his grip. I know I have trouble holding the handle bar riding my scooter home after an oil massage. facepalm.gif

this is actually a serious point i have slipped over after not taking care to remove oil from my feet and now I fanatically wash my hands and feet after such a massage

bad luck RiP

• Like 1

Many of us appear cynical sometimes over these fatalities as they happen so often.......the RPT don't give us an confidence either, in their often hastily prepared reports as being suicide in many of these cases.

The nationality of the deceased doesn't mean he was any less a person.

Or could it be that as this story was put on THaiVisa at 10.30 last night and you are posting at 3.56 am, that most TV users in Thailand are either sleeping or out somewhere.

I'm sure the comments will flow when people get up.

• Like 1

Maybe the Massage Oil made him rather slippery, and he just slipped off the railing.

Got to go with this one.

The cops have the photo.

He's covered in oil.

This one doesn't need brains, even the cops can figure it out..

Who knows with the way they write these things but unless she took an abnormal time to "recover from the shock" then why report this? And if she did take an abnormal time, then that is suspicious (possibly getting rid of evidence like sign of struggle). Maybe she was scared she could be implicated and wondered what to do for a couple minutes but I don't buy shock ... instincts say to report, scream, get help or whatever despite there not very unlikely being anything to help if he fell at that height but to stand there in the room in shock and do nothing sounds strange .... but am speculating on nothing because never can make sense of what is relevant or not in these news articles.

Conspiracy theorist ?

• Like 1

I imagine that after the massage he decided to smoke a cigarette, probably relaxing, sitting on the balcony railing, with his legs dangling over the edge, just balancing, lolling back and forth, as many of us would do. On seeing this the massage lady decided to push him, perhaps without thinking much about it, just taking the opportunity. I think most of us would have done the same. Her report was correct, just omitting the part about the push. I've seen in many massage parlors that the ladies keep a scoreboard on the wall, although I've never been sure what it was for and have always been too terrified of them to ask. I suppose it could be to notch up how many clients they've gotten rid of? I imagine so.

Edited by paddyjenkins
  • Like 1