Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just now, carmine said:

What has occurred to me is that i've never met a saint bookie because they rarely get it wrong.

Go figure.  Ofcourse it can happen again but the odds of a repeat any year soon would be staggering.

You still don't understand. The odds are not a bonafide measurement of the chances of something happening. They are set by bookies with as much knowledge of the final outcome as the punters. Sometimes they mess up. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

You still don't understand. The odds are not a bonafide measurement of the chances of something happening. They are set by bookies with as much knowledge of the final outcome as the punters. Sometimes they mess up. 

Sorry but i do understand the point we are discussing.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

What is clearly part of it is City fans trying to convince themselves they do not possess the massive superiority that they clearly do. 

We know the quality that we have and we are chuffed with it. We are not trying to convince ourselves of anything. However, the Prem is one big banana skin in which any team can beat another on a given day and we are more than aware of that. We try to stay grounded and don't take any game for granted but it seems you would prefer to see us bragging and mouthing off. Probably so that you could slate us for being big headed.

55 minutes ago, carmine said:

btw, how on earth can you draw a comparison with Bill Nich's double winning side and these sugar daddy clubs?  That team was created by a manager that was simply way ahead of his time, not put together by a talented manager and some super rich blokes fat wallet!!!

A youngster like you might not know this but Spurs were known as 'The Millionaire Club' back in bill Nic's time. Lots of envy about then too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carmine is one of those guys who thinks that the richest club should  always be the Champions. A very simplistic view of football. Money obviously helps and throughout history the richer clubs have always done better than those not as rich. It's also worth noting that the Premier has rarely been won in consecutive  seasons, i think chelsea and ManU have both done it once, and noone has done it over the past decade. Its not as simple as he thinks.

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We know the quality that we have and we are chuffed with it. We are not trying to convince ourselves of anything. However, the Prem is one big banana skin in which any team can beat another on a given day and we are more than aware of that. We try to stay grounded and don't take any game for granted but it seems you would prefer to see us bragging and mouthing off. Probably so that you could slate us for being big headed.

They ain't no banana skin big enough for your squad.  You should be looking at the league and the CL.  Juve and Barca are standouts of the european sides but City can match any of them.  The league over 38 games with that squad should be a piece of piss.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

i think chelsea and ManU have both done it once

Excuse me?!!... check your facts mate! 

We've done it 4 times off the top of my head. And won it 3 straight years twice. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine is one of those guys who thinks that the richest club should  always be the Champions. A very simplistic view of football. Money obviously helps and throughout history the richer clubs have always done better than those not as rich. It's also worth noting that the Premier has rarely been won in consecutive  seasons, i think chelsea and ManU have both done it once, and noone has done it over the past decade. Its not as simple as he thinks.

Yes well done for that mountain you climbed winning your league game the weekend before last last.  Such bravery and so against the odds.  Yes i know, i'm so simplistic.  Now go and take you nonsense elsewhere ????

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A youngster like you might not know this but Spurs were known as 'The Millionaire Club' back in bill Nic's time. Lots of envy about then too.

At this juncture i feel you need to explain to the City lads about the difference between a nickname and reality.  Otherwise they will again attempt to put some daft spin on it????

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

For someone who didn't care about losing, your posts are a ta bitter this morning Carms

I'm not bitter about losing a game thats relatively unimportant to our goals this season., which is top four, certainly not winning the league.

I am bitter about what the oligarchs and arab owners have done to the sport.  They are destroying it, using their financial muscle to destroy the competitive edge, increasing transfer fees and wages to eliminate genuine opposition, making a laughing stock of FFP and i see nothing good ever going to come out of it now or longterm. 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Are you not aware that the police restrict attendances as and when they please?

I’m not sure that was the reason last night. 

Fans are probably sick of travelling to and from Wembley and who can blame them. It’s a shit journey late at night. Coupled with a £40 fee last night to park a vehicle which ain’t gonna help. 

The atmosphere did sound flat from the off. Maybe a hangover from all the negative events of the week also from the manager. Very downbeat interview with Poch. “Worse feeling in 5 years etc “ I know a lot of that was probably aimed at the ground situation but it seemed a bit deeper than that causing Gary Neville to say on Sky he thinks that he was “laying the first brick” in the foundation for a move away. Appreciate it’s only his opinion but will add all the Madrid speculation what with them only appointing an interim boss. I guess whatever happens in January will have a massive bearing going forwards for him. 

What did did you think of the starting line up last night? Playing Sissoko from the off, Son only on the bench etc. Do you think that was the best starting 11 with that he had available taking injuries into consideration.?

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If the pitch had not been in such a state maybe lamela could have equalised. Wonder how Spurs intend on managing this issue in the new stadium

With our retractable pitch for football....underneath is the Yank footy pitch.

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Fans are probably sick of travelling to and from Wembley and who can blame them. It’s a shit journey late at night. Coupled with a £40 fee last night to park a vehicle which ain’t gonna help. 

The atmosphere did sound flat from the off. Maybe a hangover from all the negative events of the week also from the manager. Very downbeat interview with Poch. “Worse feeling in 5 years etc “ I know a lot of that was probably aimed at the ground situation but it seemed a bit deeper than that causing Gary Neville to say on Sky he thinks that he was “laying the first brick” in the foundation for a move away. Appreciate it’s only his opinion but will add all the Madrid speculation what with them only appointing an interim boss. I guess whatever happens in January will have a massive bearing going forwards for him. 

What did did you think of the starting line up last night? Playing Sissoko from the off, Son only on the bench etc. Do you think that was the best starting 11 with that he had available taking injuries into consideration.?

Many of us have to work.

I was up at 5am so no way I could have gone last night....many like me I am sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I have no idea about last night.  But, for example, but there have been times when they've told us web must close the top tier.  No idea the reasoning just making the point that in certain cases its out of the clubs hands

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Considering the start we got i don't think we done too badly, in the end them capitalizing on a mistake we made and us not capitalizing on there's was obviously the difference. Possession was fairly even and we had spells where we put the pressure on although not really looking like scoring and obviously Pep was a bit worried which showed by the substitutions he made. 

“Only a Gooner can take a positive out of dropping points“........Arsenal thread yesterday. 

Clearly not just “Gooners” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Difficult to say regards the team selection, certainly the starting line up.  Injuries have been dictating selection of late otherwise Eriksen, Dele would have started and Rose and Wanyama too probably.  What i did feel is the substitutions were not made early enough.  City were cruising it in the first and i'd have made changes at half.  I know they won relatively easily but i've seen them play much better and the presence of Eriksen and Dele for forty-five minutes might have rattled the cage a bit more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager left at some stage between now and next summer but thats life isn't it.  If it happens, it happens.  He will at some stage manage one of the elite clubs because he is a superbly talented young manager.  

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Difficult to say regards the team selection, certainly the starting line up.  Injuries have been dictating selection of late otherwise Eriksen, Dele would have started and Rose and Wanyama too probably.  What i did feel is the substitutions were not made early enough.  City were cruising it in the first and i'd have made changes at half.  I know they won relatively easily but i've seen them play much better and the presence of Eriksen and Dele for forty-five minutes might have rattled the cage a bit more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager left at some stage between now and next summer but thats life isn't it.  If it happens, it happens.  He will at some stage manage one of the elite clubs because he is a superbly talented young manager.  

One of the positives seemed that when Dele came on he looked sharp. 

I was surprised Som never started, his pace will always cause problems and I guess there will always be the argument that if Erickson for fit for the bench why didn’t he get more game time. All ifs and buts. 

I thought his interview was very downbeat to the point he was even questioning himself why he was feeling so low and obviously eluding again to the lack of signings. He must be getting to the point where he feels he has taken this set of players as far as he can, and to most probably further, and clearly beginning to have an effect on him.

Be a shame not just for Spurs but for the Premiership if they lose him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If the pitch had not been in such a state maybe lamela could have equalised. Wonder how Spurs intend on managing this issue in the new stadium

Why will Spurs need to manage this issue in the new stadium or do you know something we don't ?

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I thought Kads would have an opinion on why fans don't go and support their team ????

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“Only a Gooner can take a positive out of dropping points“........Arsenal thread yesterday. 

Clearly not just “Gooners” 

If you want to have a pop your going to have to do better than that, max said 

Very happy that our winning run has ended as it will take some pressure off .with our next match against Liverpool.

Where have i said that i was happy that we lost ? good try though but must do better ????

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No need to have a pop at Ronnie, I was perfectly happy with his reasoning. 

Who said there was a reason to have a pop at Ronnie? and i'm sure he feels really good that you are happy with his reasoning ????

Edited by alfieconn

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well the RM job is up for grabs again