Tottenham Thread

chonabot

If idiot Alli hadn't lost it I'd have fancied you to go through. Even with 10 men you dominated possession. Some of your players, Dier for example, needed to keep their cool and you just might have done it. Defending for Gent's 2nd goalie was like watching City. Composure/focus was needed.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If idiot Alli hadn't lost it I'd have fancied you to go through. Even with 10 men you dominated possession. Some of your players, Dier for example, needed to keep their cool and you just might have done it. Defending for Gent's 2nd goalie was like watching City. Composure/focus was needed.

Are you just posting for the sake of posting?  

6 hours ago, sotsira said:

I'm not all that bothered that we're out of the Europa, just as we did this time last season.

Our squad isn't deep enough to challenge in 3 competitions, now we are left with the FA Cup

and PL we might be better off with having a fighting chance of finishing in the top 4.

With Liverpool only playing for the PL, Chelsea PL & FA Cup and

Arsenal PL & FA Cup (CL looks unlikely) it's gonna be a tough ask anyway.

City and Utd are involved with more competitions but they both have more squad depth. 

OK thanks but is that it then? A top 4 Finnish and your happy? So what kind of investment is needed for you to be bothered about Europe once 4th+ is attained?

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

OK thanks but is that it then? A top 4 Finnish and your happy? So what kind of investment is needed for you to be bothered about Europe once 4th+ is attained?

With the current squad at hand, i'd be very happy with a top 4 finish.

I count 12, possibly 13 players that are good enough to compete in all

competitions but we need another 4 or 5 in order to do that seriously.

It's the cost of those 4 or 5 players that would be at the same level of our

current first 11 that would be needed.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

You wasted north of 30 mill on Sissoko. You won't get that back when he clears off back to France or Italy.

Any update on where you are playing home games next season? A half-built new ground or Wembley?

Were playing our home games at Wembley.

Sissoko has been an unmitigated disaster and few if any understand why we bought him let alone for 30m.  He's been dreadful.

5 hours ago, sotsira said:

With the current squad at hand, i'd be very happy with a top 4 finish.

I count 12, possibly 13 players that are good enough to compete in all

competitions but we need another 4 or 5 in order to do that seriously.

It's the cost of those 4 or 5 players that would be at the same level of our

current first 11 that would be needed.

I'd like to see THFC win a cup ASAP as some good work has been done and to keep Poch, he needs it as much as the players to ensure that young dynamic team sticks together. Any ideas of who you would want? Don't see a lot of that on any footy forum on TV.  Elusive question. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd like to see THFC win a cup ASAP as some good work has been done and to keep Poch, he needs it as much as the players to ensure that young dynamic team sticks together. Any ideas of who you would want? Don't see a lot of that on any footy forum on TV.  Elusive question. 

'any ideas of who you would like' 'and dont see a lot of what on football forums ?

and you mean what exactly ?

Complete performance last night.  Clearly we eased off in the second half and thankfully both center backs coming off just precautionary.  Kane obviously MoM but all round fine team performance.

Rose apparently out until april which is a big blow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Complete performance last night.  Clearly we eased off in the second half and thankfully both center backs coming off just precautionary.  Kane obviously MoM but all round fine team performance.

Rose apparently out until april which is a big blow.

Fantastic response last night.

Second half was in first gear....easy in the end.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Fantastic response last night.

Second half was in first gear....easy in the end.

yeah,, impressive first half,, second half was'nt. tbh  there's a little bit of me thats thinking /worrying that we're turning into 'flat track bullies'  and  unfortunatly  the thought is  backed by our poor away record against top 6 teams under poch, it aint that great. 

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah,, impressive first half,, second half was'nt. tbh  there's a little bit of me thats thinking /worrying that we're turning into 'flat track bullies'  and  unfortunatly  the thought is  backed by our poor away record against top 6 teams under poch, it aint that great. 

Needs improvement but as Sots pointed out we lack a depth of experience...hopefully that will improve.

10 hours ago, smokes said:

Needs improvement but as Sots pointed out we lack a depth of experience...hopefully that will improve.

nah , mate cant have that, weve currently got 3 current belgium internationals the french captain? and 5 CURRENT 1 st choice england internationals, no jocks thankfully:giggle: there aint asquad  that can match that in the prem, what we lack is  whats been lacking since the 60's with spurs, and thats a certain mentality like the one that ibro boy has at man utd, an arrogance, conviction a certainty that were gonna win. poch has changed things at spurs but the same old same old seems to atm holding us bac. oh and i'm living in bangkok atm so, maybe a beer sometime ?

Edited by 3 minus 2

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

nah , mate cant have that, weve currently got 3 current belgium internationals the french captain? and 5 CURRENT 1 st choice england internationals, no jocks thankfully:giggle: there aint asquad  that can match that in the prem, what we lack is  whats been lacking since the 60's with spurs, and thats a certain mentality like the one that ibro boy has at man utd, an arrogance, conviction a certainty that were gonna win. poch has changed things at spurs but the same old same old seems to atm holding us bac. oh and i'm living in bangkok atm so, maybe a beer sometime ?

Beer anytime mate just send me a PM.

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

kane passing the 20 goal mk in the 3rd consecutive season in the prem/1st division ,,,, since                         JIMMY GREAVES

Lets not forget that Kane missed the first seven weeks of this season.  Very impressive indeed.  

Excellent article about Jimmy Greaves in the DT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/28/cristiano-ronaldo-can-match-magical-mark-set-jimmy-greaves/

The contrast between Real Madrid’s spectacular Bernabéu stadium and the modest but quiet and comfortable corner of Chelmsford in which Jimmy Greaves lives could hardly be greater. 

Yet only a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick on Wednesday night against Las Palmas now stands between them sharing a moment in football history that underlines just how truly exceptional – and perhaps also underappreciated – Greaves has been to our national sport.

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

greaves, best player I've ever seen wear the totttenham shirt

and arguably the england shirt.

and that includes gazza,

greaves was a totally amazing player,  goals to games for england will NEVER be

beaten

Agreed Greaves achievements fly under the radar. Great player shame about the injury in group stages but a winner he is.