Tottenham Thread

chonabot

8 hours ago, petermik said:

So its up to your manager to outsmart him then :cheesy:

more chance of snow falling in Bangkok however....:whistling:

I,m voting carmine as next spuds manager as he,s a tactical expert par excellence :thumbsup:

Well he did manage to amass 17 more league points than Jose did,  you tedious bellend

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Funnily enough Peter has forgotten the AVB era when they were thrashed at home.

In any case we had a bad day going forward and one lapse and paid the price but we will be fine this season.

The real winner today was City.

City are light years better than United.  Just keep reminding him, aside of a stupid unfunny remark he's got no answer.

Hold on, Jose's tactical genius could i suppose bore City into defeat!

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

yeah you got 3 points Peter but in all seriousness, you can't be happy with the style of play you are having to sit through. Apart from the last 15 minutes it was dire

Peter is about as bright as a dark night.  

He would have seen that as a very watchable brand of football.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'm not very happy.   We should have won that game.    grrrrrrr ...:post-4641-1156694606:     if Harry Kane was in maybe we would have scored.

Possibly, but we didn't.  We allowed ourselves to be lured into Mourinho's brand of turgid drudgery, and paid the price.

Just thank yourself you don't have to watch his type of football week in week out.  

Edited by carmine

One Spurs player that should be under much scrutiny is Dele All.  All too often he has refused to execute an excellent opportunity the easy clinical way and opted for a thoroughly needed fancy headline catching effort, seeing another example today when he squandered an excellent second half chance.  

In todays transfer market madness i wouldn't be too sorry to see him sold abroad as long as the money was reinvested in the team.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

One Spurs player that should be under much scrutiny is Dele All.  All too often he has refused to execute an excellent opportunity the easy clinical way and opted for a thoroughly needed fancy headline catching effort, seeing another example today when he squandered an excellent second half chance.  

In todays transfer market madness i wouldn't be too sorry to see him sold abroad as long as the money was reinvested in the team.  

I've been waiting for this post Carmine. Alli has been a major disappointment lately. He seems intent on form over substance throughout nearly every match I've seen this season. Flicking one touch passes that work at times and at others not. Trying to beat his marker when a simple pass would do. Generally staying on the ball too long. Getting into inane squabbles with opponents. There has been this to his game before, but much in ascendance now. You have to wonder when/if Pochy will address it. Also, the other players can't help but see it. A super talented player is Alli, but he seems intent on imitating every negative thing about Neymar's game.

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Get him away to Barca and bring in Ramsey.

I obviously don't get to watch Alli too often, I can see he's a tidy player, but he doesn't catch the eye as much as erikson (?) and Kane. Is he really as good as the hype (not comparing him directly to Ross Barkley or wilshire, but as an examples of hyped players subject of such adulation but fizzled out)? Will he establish himself as a top top player?

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

yeah you got 3 points Peter but in all seriousness, you can't be happy with the style of play you are having to sit through. Apart from the last 15 minutes it was dire

Sometimes BJ you have to dig in and grind out results as yesterday,we have not played well since Pogba got injured that,s a fact......if these type of performances become the norm then I would worry and the OT fans would certainly let it be known also.......the premiership is a marathon,nothing is won until May.

To the spuds fans out there who are spitting feathers/venting their spleens once again I offer my commiserations,and before I depart from this forum section I,m happy to point out I was actually alive and remember very well and admired the football the last time they had a championship winning side :thumbsup:

Good luck in the future chaps.....you certainly haven,t had much in the past :sorry:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I obviously don't get to watch Alli too often, I can see he's a tidy player, but he doesn't catch the eye as much as erikson (?) and Kane. Is he really as good as the hype (not comparing him directly to Ross Barkley or wilshire, but as an examples of hyped players subject of such adulation but fizzled out)? Will he establish himself as a top top player?

Delle Ali needs to grow up. Ashley Young wound him up in the first half and he wasn't up to much after that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Sometimes BJ you have to dig in and grind out results as yesterday,we have not played well since Pogba got injured that,s a fact......if these type of performances become the norm then I would worry and the OT fans would certainly let it be known also.......the premiership is a marathon,nothing is won until May.

To the spuds fans out there who are spitting feathers/venting their spleens once again I offer my commiserations,and before I depart from this forum section I,m happy to point out I was actually alive and remember very well and admired the football the last time they had a championship winning side :thumbsup:

Good luck in the future chaps.....you certainly haven,t had much in the past :sorry:

Living proof then that age sadly doesn't always bring wisdom

23 hours ago, jellydog said:

I've been waiting for this post Carmine. Alli has been a major disappointment lately. He seems intent on form over substance throughout nearly every match I've seen this season. Flicking one touch passes that work at times and at others not. Trying to beat his marker when a simple pass would do. Generally staying on the ball too long. Getting into inane squabbles with opponents. There has been this to his game before, but much in ascendance now. You have to wonder when/if Pochy will address it. Also, the other players can't help but see it. A super talented player is Alli, but he seems intent on imitating every negative thing about Neymar's game.

He's playing for himself not the team.  Become an attention seeker.  He should have scored for us to go one nil up but wouldn't do the basics.  He's the rest of the season to grow up, mature as a player so we'll see.

What a disaster this is in the making.......

All are players are going to get sold in the summer.  The managers off too.  Reports suggest the groundsman want a move.......all this surely leading to relegation.

OMG, a weave still got the Wembley hoodoo to deal with that the football press and pundits obsessively remind us.

Its all gone terribly wrong..............

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Since 15/16, points won against top 6 teams:

Liverpool - 37/69 Spurs - 33/69 Chelsea - 32/69 United - 32/66 City - 24/66 Arsenal - 21/66

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise there are more than 6 teams in the league don't you Alfie. It's the total points you gain from playing everyone that matters. Snippets are just snippets and mean nothing

Of course they mean something , if Chelsea hadn't  taken so many points off the other top 6 teams last season they wouldn't have won the league and if you your team had taken a few more points from other top 6 teams you might have finished higher up the League.

Anyway whats the matter with you, touchy because your not at the top ?  anyway just seemed to be an interesting stat taking into regard some of the comments on TV about top 6 playing each other lately  and if you don't like my posts then don't read them.

Edited by alfieconn

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Whats the matter with you, touchy because your not at the top ?  anyway just seemed to be an interesting stat taking into regard some of the comments about top 6 playing each other lately and if you don't like my posts then don't read them.

This is a great point. If a top team (any one) loses every game to the other top teams but wins all the others they would finish up with 78 points. That could win the EPL some years. And virtually always quqlify for the Ch Lg.

That is assuming Everton is up there. If not then 84 points!!

Edited by owl sees all

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

This is a great point. If a top team (any one) loses every game to the other top teams but wins all the others they would finish up with 78 points. That could win the EPL some years. And virtually always quqlify for the Ch Lg.

That is assuming Everton is up there. If not then 84 points!!

Glad someone appreciated it os, you'd think BJ would be thanking me for putting up an interesting stat rather than some of the nonsensical  posts you get from posters  on here but perhaps he prefers them !

Edited by alfieconn

What with the impending doom created from lasts nights win a few pointers to consider;

Ben Davies seems to have taken over as first choice left back which is great testament to his professionalism and karma for Rose being such a two faced gob <deleted>.

Dele has been dog average until this game and i can't help thinking he was show casing himself to Florentino Perez.......which i might add is fine by me.  Played very well and should have had a hat trick bar another gaping miss.

We really don't need any more injuries to our control/defensive midfield.  We Toby probably out for a few games Dier will resume at center back leaving a first choice double pivot of Dembele and Winks.

The emergence and all round maturing of Winks this past twelve months is quite a revelation.  The lads going to be a star for a long time to come.  He looked top class, totally assured in both Madrid fixtures and has proven he can deliver at the highest level.

And lastly, lets all have another chuckle at Guardiola's pathetic "Harry Kane Team" jibe and all those who found merit in his works..............MUGS!!!!!  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

With all the understandable euphoria from last nights excellent result in the CL might it possibly mean that Spurs may be on the verge on winning some actual silverware in the near future............:thumbsup:

Are you still under the illusion anyone here is remotely interest in the ramblings of a tedious bellend?  

Have to say though, lasts nights win makes it even more confounding how we managed to lose to such a boring dog average outfit as yours.  Still as long as you enjoy Jose's weekly EPL boreathon then thats great because if the rest of the nation was subjected to watching the <deleted> dished out by Mourinho's United the national sport would change to rugby union within a year

• Haha 1