Tottenham Thread

chonabot

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah and Bayern will also be in that second place mix as well.

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Going to be some tasty ties there....and the English clubs look likely to draw them.

Don't worry, we'll get them!!!

Can't Poch see that against these sort of teams we need wing backs who can go past their men and create problems, with Davies and Tripps all the opposition have to do is put one man a piece on them and cause them to just pass inside or back albeit occasionaly they might get a cross in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Can't Poch see that against these sort of teams we need wing backs who can go past their men and create problems, with Davies and Tripps all the opposition have to do is put one man a piece on them and cause them to just pass inside or back albeit occasionaly they might get a cross in.

Is exactly right.  He's gotten this wrong again, third time against similar opposition.  The only way to open them up is with fast wing backs, beat the first defender and move the ball quicker.  The slow build up simply doesn't work against to flat banks of defenders masterminded by the Pulis, Alladyce, Megson cadre of English football manager.  This was a classic case of the need to play the other wing backs.  Dembele should have come on earlier as Winks was having a poor game.  But the build up was way way too slow and i could never see us getting two goals no matter how much possession we had.

The opening goal was a total farce.  But enough of the media driven Wembley curse rubbish.....we simply didn't play well, didn't play smart and looked fatigued, our tempo and general movement nowhere near up to the required pace.  And now we've another poxy midweek away game

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Is exactly right.  He's gotten this wrong again, third time against similar opposition.  The only way to open them up is with fast wing backs, beat the first defender and move the ball quicker.  The slow build up simply doesn't work against to flat banks of defenders masterminded by the Pulis, Alladyce, Megson cadre of English football manager.  This was a classic case of the need to play the other wing backs.  Dembele should have come on earlier as Winks was having a poor game.  But the build up was way way too slow and i could never see us getting two goals no matter how much possession we had.

The opening goal was a total farce.  But enough of the media driven Wembley curse rubbish.....we simply didn't play well, didn't play smart and looked fatigued, our tempo and general movement nowhere near up to the required pace.  And now we've another poxy midweek away game

I don't think Wembley is a curse for Spurs, but it is a big thing for visiting teams to have the chance to play there. The 3 draws this season have been against sides who have many players unlikely to ever play at Wembley again and they seem inspired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't think Wembley is a curse for Spurs, but it is a big thing for visiting teams to have the chance to play there. The 3 draws this season have been against sides who have many players unlikely to ever play at Wembley again and they seem inspired.

There was nothing inspiring about their performance yesterday.

They got the early goal and shut up shop.

Happens all the time to the big clubs and we have to improve tactically against these sides.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There was nothing inspiring about their performance yesterday.

They got the early goal and shut up shop.

Happens all the time to the big clubs and we have to improve tactically against these sides.

You are correct but its a big occasion for them nonetheless.  The irritating aspect is that their pattern of play never was going to differ, goal of no goal.  Were much better when teams have a go at us because we break fast, hold a higher tempo.  This slower build up against the lesser teams just doesn't work.  

we also looked jaded to me.  Dele poor, Eriksen non effective, Winks error prone.....we were just plain poor.  West Brom for their part contributed little and never came with any intention of doing so save grab what they could, but then again we should have changed tactics and adapted which we didn't.  Poch isn't perfect and he has to shoulder some of the blame for wrong team selection for starters.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You are correct but its a big occasion for them nonetheless.  The irritating aspect is that their pattern of play never was going to differ, goal of no goal.  Were much better when teams have a go at us because we break fast, hold a higher tempo.  This slower build up against the lesser teams just doesn't work.  

we also looked jaded to me.  Dele poor, Eriksen non effective, Winks error prone.....we were just plain poor.  West Brom for their part contributed little and never came with any intention of doing so save grab what they could, but then again we should have changed tactics and adapted which we didn't.  Poch isn't perfect and he has to shoulder some of the blame for wrong team selection for starters.

Ca't help but feel Aurier would have done better yesterday.

Any news on Rose?

38 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Why  all the post mortems??? Just another  Spuds Bottle !!!

Ah, the Chelsea chimp has arrived.....what with all the informed football related chat it was about time for a knuckle dragging simian to throw in a banana!!:smile:

Edited by carmine

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ca't help but feel Aurier would have done better yesterday.

Any news on Rose?

And Rose on the left.  

Lamela apparently would have made the bench but he became a dad to congrats to him.  Wanyama?  What is "really" going on with him i wonder.....

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Love a good gossip you do.

no gossip !!! the Smart Money is on Rose to M/U

btw

If  him and Walker played y/day  the result would have been a Spuds win, but whilst you have  that Four  By Two calling the shots ,and Poch The Poodle lapping him up , the Spuds Bottles  will continue to  line up

44 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

no gossip !!! the Smart Money is on Rose to M/U

btw

If  him and Walker played y/day  the result would have been a Spuds win, but whilst you have  that Four  By Two calling the shots ,and Poch The Poodle lapping him up , the Spuds Bottles  will continue to  line up

Not the smart money...the BIG money.

15 hours ago, evenstevens said:

and Harry Kane will be,   that bigger picture,  the Transfer Lounge  in the very near future

Why do you insist on being the knuckle dragging half wit!!?  :smile:

I preferred it when we had to decipher your gibberish!  

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2560 at 5:34 PM, alfieconn said:

Fancy putting your money where ya mouth is ES ?  perhaps give me a price on how long he will be at Spurs !

nice to see you out of your cave ,following another Bottle

Kane will be off, its just a matter of  When  and   How !!!!

my own gut feeling that the usual suspects will be knocking on 4 BY 2  door by the end of the season, more so , if no silver ware is,nt delivered this season, not to mentioned a C/L place

would ,nt surprise me to see  M/U  playing  a strong hand in securing his signature, see how it pans out:smile:

Edited by evenstevens

11 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

nice to see you out of your cave ,following another Bottle

Kane will be off, its just a matter of  When  and   How !!!!

my own gut feeling that the usual suspects will be knocking on 4 BY 2  door by the end of the season, more so , if no silver ware is,nt delivered this season

would ,nt surprise me to see  M/U  playing  a strong hand in securing his signature, see how it pans out:smile:

Fancy putting your money where ya mouth is ES ?  perhaps give me a price on how long he will be at Spurs !

You haven't answered the question !!!!  come on you do a lot talking , why not have a wager as you seem so sure  :cheesy:

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You haven't answered the question !!!!  come on you do a lot talking , why not have a wager as you seem so sure  :cheesy:

O.K  no probs, loser pays for lunch at Khulek Restaruant (Opp Rivermarket ,next to Iron Bridge) are we set???

13 hours ago, evenstevens said:

O.K  no probs, loser pays for lunch at Khulek Restaruant (Opp Rivermarket ,next to Iron Bridge) are we set???

perhaps give me a price on how long he will be at Spurs !

Well you haven't given a time line yet !!!!!  i don't want a cheap lunch with you :shock1:  i was thinking more of 10,000 or 20,000 baht !

Edited by alfieconn