Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I was hoping that we could rotate the full backs for the Liverpool game,

playing Rose and Aurier

according to these reports everyone is back in full training but  

some may still not be ready for a full 90min match.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/2/2/16965898/tottenham-hotspur-team-news-alderweireld-rose-lucas-doubtful-liverpool

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/02/rm-tottenham-handed-massive-boost-as-aurier-and-winks-return-to/

I think Davies and Tripps could struggle against the pace of Liverpool's attacking players

as i remember last season with Mane on Davies and now also Salah.

Will Dembele play again tomorrow ? cos for me he was outstanding against Manure,

he's played a lot of mins though in the last few games and ?? on whether he can continue

playing 2 games a week.

Anfield is a very tough place to go and get a result so we really need to be at full strength.

COYS.

Watched the replay of the United game. We played really well , but lets face it, United were poor. But soooo important to have Eriksen back in the team , we need him against Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, balo said:

Watched the replay of the United game. We played really well , but lets face it, United were poor. But soooo important to have Eriksen back in the team , we need him against Liverpool.

I've been a Man Utd supporter for over 60 years (and have also liked many Spurs teams) and have to agree with your comments, as Spurs were in a different class in that game and they made Utd look poor. They've got midfield problems and have had for a while, and their forwards/front runners are not doing enough off the ball work.

This is a Tottenham thread so to stay on track......well played Spurs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Wengers had a lot to say too.  And the president of La Liga said some rather pointed things......

Yeah, The La Liga President  called it "Financial Doping"

Paris St-Germain and Manchester City have been accused of 'financial doping' by La Liga president Javier Tebas.

Here's the article. love the terminology that he used.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41174403

Arsene Wenger has been criticising FFP every year since it's introduction.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42916936

I can't see how UEFA can allow this to continue really cos eventually football will price itself 

out of economic reach, even Sky & BT Sports are looking at ways of having to forcefully 

change their strategies due to the financial demands being placed on them on TV - rights.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914003/Sky-Sports-BT-Sport-Premier-League-TV-rights

Maybe we should just leave it all to the Arabs to control as they do with oil, and we'll all become 

their customers.

They've already taken over the TV rights  in Thailand.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Now we have to absolutely beat Liverpool   !!!  Come on Spurs  !!!!

If both teams play to their potential then i can see this game ending in a draw,

which would still be a great result for us.

Lets not forget that Liverpool are unbeaten at home all season in the EPL.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its bloody well about time Bob! :biggrin:

It is you know and the laws of averages and all that....

My worry is VvD hasn't had time enough to settle with a decided CB partner yet. You will expose this weakness if they are not in tune and does Klopp play Lovren with him, which we all want to see...

Is Toby Alderweireld back today?

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It is you know and the laws of averages and all that....

My worry is VvD hasn't had time enough to settle with a decided CB partner yet. You will expose this weakness if they are not in tune and does Klopp play Lovren with him, which we all want to see...

Is Toby Alderweireld back today?

We won't know that till the team sheet goes in!

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

My worry is VvD hasn't had time enough to settle with a decided CB partner yet. You will expose this weakness if they are not in tune

Come on Bob. He is experienced in the prem and has had a few weeks to get to know the squad. 

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Come on Bob. He is experienced in the prem and has had a few weeks to get to know the squad. 

We don't play like Southampton, it takes some getting used to. 

He also hasn't played a lot of EPL football before coming to us and he didn't have a proper pre-season. 

Today he could be playing with a CB he's not played with yet again.

He could still have a blinder and I'm happy for him to be playing, but we won't see the best of VvD for a bit. 

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We don't play like Southampton, it takes some getting used to. 

He also hasn't played a lot of EPL football before coming to us and he didn't have a proper pre-season. 

Today he could be playing with a CB he's not played with yet again.

He could still have a blinder and I'm happy for him to be playing, but we won't see the best of VvD for a bit. 

Laporte played for City the day after he arrived in England and put in a MoM display. They either have it or they don't and Laporte was only 57M :tongue:

• Haha 2

Bit disappointed we didn't win that, 1st half we were ragged but once we got our passing game going there was only one team in it, Liverpool's only plan with the 3 donkey's in midfield was to just keep giving it to Salah and hope he produces which unfortunately he did even though we gave him the first one !!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

I agree Alfie, when you look at the stats over the 90min we were the more

dominant side.

Second half, Liverpool only had one attempt on target with Salah's goal.

Saying that though, with the way the match ended, going through all the emotions 

that can be possible when watching a football match, there was also a sense of relief 

that we came away without losing the match.

Overall, i think if we were offered the draw before the game we would have taken it,

given  Liverpool's home record this season.

I'm confident with the way we've been playing that we'll be there or there about at the

end of the season. Especially with Rose, Aurier, Winks, Toby, Wanyama and Moura

all soon to be available for selection.

• Like 2