Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

My dealer told me that they expect their Demo car to arrive the first week of next month and he confirmed that 'our' vehicle is confirmed in the first allocation ... so providing the test drive is okay we will have a T+ sometime this year.

What is a T+? A Transit?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazed no ones mentioned another thing we don't get here. You can move the brake/accelerator pedal electrically to suit the seating position on this years Tahoe.

They don't even have driver memory for the driver's chair or mirrors Ace.... you have to crawl before you can walk smile.png

Mr IMHO

Do I recall you stating a while ago that 'someone' was trying to adapt the Everest 'screen' to enable GPS. I'm fairly sure that it was you but can't locate the topic. Any update on this please. thanks

Yep, on some Thai forums there's guys who think they can get the Mazda GPS data to work. No updates, but I will keep watching for progress.

My dealer told me that they expect their Demo car to arrive the first week of next month and he confirmed that 'our' vehicle is confirmed in the first allocation ... so providing the test drive is okay we will have a T+ sometime this year.

What is a T+? A Transit?

Pretty sure it means Titanium + which is the top spec one.

What does everyone think of the huge bright chrome grill, rear strip and side intake? I think it looks a bit too much imo

What is a T+? A Transit?

T+ is short for Titanium+ (i.e. the top spec)

Most Thais online are referring to the Everest as the "EV" now BTW, which is a bit confusing :P

For those members who pre-booked the Everest - have you all received phone calls from Ford HO confirming your booking and delivery date?

Word is that Ford TH are directly managing bookings/queues instead of leaving it to the dealers, so there's no repeats of the Ranger launch queue fiasco.

The Ranger launch queue fiasco. How was that a dealer issue when Ford Thailand limited the supply to Thailand giving priority to other countries ?

Ford also blamed the short supply on the floods as well didnt they ?

The Ranger launch queue fiasco. How was that a dealer issue when Ford Thailand limited the supply to Thailand giving priority to other countries ?

Referring to all the people that had to pay under the table just to maintain their position in the queue, and those that paid even more to jump it. The waiting times would have been nowhere near as long if this didn't happen...

Edited by IMHO

Referring to all the people that had to pay under the table just to maintain their position in the queue, and those that paid even more to jump it. The waiting times would have been nowhere near as long if this didn't happen...

The under the table monies was greed driven by supply and demand, something that would not have happened if Ford did not create the fiasco in the first place.

The under the table monies was greed driven by supply and demand, something that would not have happened if Ford did not create the fiasco in the first place.

Not saying that's not the case - but that side of it is already under their control. Apparently, the booking queue /allocations are now too.

Anyways, just curious to hear from people who have actually booked an Everest to see if they can corroborate what's being said.

For those members who pre-booked the Everest - have you all received phone calls from Ford HO confirming your booking and delivery date?

Word is that Ford TH are directly managing bookings/queues instead of leaving it to the dealers, so there's no repeats of the Ranger launch queue fiasco.

Ford have phoned us and asked if we still want the Everest.

Our seller has told us that he has been in contact with Ford and that we will receive ours (T+) in the first lot. He said his demo vehicle will come in the first week of August. No ... no under the table anything.

I'm guessing you don't work in manufacturing.

You can only build product so fast. How is it that dealers selling their scheduled allotment several times the fault of the manufacturer?

Some Ranger buyers had to pay under the table? These dealers held guns to their heads and marched them to the ATM did they?

And how does paying money to expedite a delivery make said delivery slower?

Some Ranger buyers had to pay under the table? These dealers held guns to their heads and marched them to the ATM did they?

Definitely made those that weren't invited to "bid" wait a lot longer than they should have.

Bugger all to do with supply and demand. Some clever dealers realized that some stupid customers were willing to pay them money so they could expedite a delivery that the dealer had absolutely no control over. You are right about Ford's laughable inventory management though. I was on a 2-month wait-list for my XLT in 2012 and three phone calls from the dealer and two visits to the dealer was all it took for me to realize they had no dog in the vehicle allocation fight. I was at the dealership one morning to look at a Ranger where the original customer had failed on financing. I didn't take it and they said they didn't know when the next load would be arriving... and the transporter arrived just as I finished my coffee 5 minutes later. Even asking for a preferred colour was a bit of a joke. I do think that the floods did exacerbate an already crap situation where most 3.2's were pre-allocated for export but having seen at least 2 brand new red-plate Everests in and around Pattaya these past 2 weeks, I think the Everest delivery situation isn't the same.

...but some can go ahead and bung the dealer extra money because it allegedly worked for some Ranger buyers a few years back.

Definitely made those that weren't invited to "bid" wait a lot longer than they should have.

I get your drift. I wasn't asked for any more dosh but then again, I had already decided that 3.2 delivery was all a bit of a mystery after joining a UK and Aussie Ranger forum. Some Aussie customers had details of a build number and even a copy of the bill of lading for the car transporter and knew the time and date the RoRo docked in Port Adelaide! Meanwhile, Ford dealer staff in Udon would gaze out the window at the newly-arrived transporter and wonder, "Where did that lot come from?"

Edited by NanLaew

having seen at least 2 brand new red-plate Everests in and around Pattaya these past 2 weeks, I think the Everest delivery situation isn't the same.

Highly possible they are from the first 28 pilot vehicle build they did, they were all out together be driven on some public drive day.

Alternatively 2 Ford exces live in Siam Royal view on Khao Talo, they both drive a red plated Everest and have done so for atleast a month.

Edited by Don Mega

having seen at least 2 brand new red-plate Everests in and around Pattaya these past 2 weeks, I think the Everest delivery situation isn't the same.

Highly possible they are from the first 28 pilot vehicle build they did, they were all out together be driven on some public drive day.

Alternatively 2 Ford exces live in Siam Royal view on Khao Talo, they both drive a red plated Everest and have done so for atleast a month.

Red one being driven like a mad Fortuner on Sukhumvit headed north last week. Silver-grey one tootling east along Nong Ket Yai yesterday afternoon.

What is a T+? A Transit?

What does everyone think of the huge bright chrome grill, rear strip and side intake? I think it looks a bit too much imo

Not a fan of the bling. That's what happens when you leave design details to Aussies/Yanks unfortunately.

What is a T+? A Transit?

Not a fan of the bling. That's what happens when you leave design details to Aussies/Yanks unfortunately.

I'm the opposite - I've always thought the Wildtrack looked like a dressed-up base model because of it's lack of brightwork. On the Everest, I think they got the balance just right..

I you don't like chrome, just wait until the aftermarket make stick-on chrome covers for the rest of the car :P

What is a T+? A Transit?

What's a lot more boring than bright work or chrome accents is the trend among Thai guys to take a perfectly nice looking pickup or SUV and black out every single thing on the vehicle. In trying to achieve individuality in the look they end up all looking the same like a bunch of black drones.

Well they want good Service Managers but they are not offered either. Or are you just defending Clonkers.That Eclipse is a Thai Ford, and the engine is sweet.

Iam not a defender of anything, in the garage I have A petrol sedan and a diesel pickup, both do their respective jobs very well.

I do not what this eclipse is you are talking about but I assume you mean the Escape in your picture. It is not a "Thai Ford", it will have been imported from either Malaysia or the Philippines.

The Escape was sold in Thailand with a 2.3L 4 and a 3.0L V6. The V6 was nice but not popular, just like the PJS V6.

Ace may like petrol engines over diesels but many buyers of heavy SUV's like diesels and vote with there check books.

Just drive a 2.7L Fortuner and compare it to the 3.0L D4D. Diesels can be a a good compromise in the right vehicle.

The new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport was revealed, today. So we have a nice competition of 3 brand-new PPV's!

It's a shame, that Ford cannot deliver shortly after the release... Toyota has a better concept here. I already saw some new Fortuners on the roads.

I am looking around for a new 7-seater for my family. The choice is not easy. I like the Fortuner, but «hate» its 3rd folding concept, which took so much space... I like the moon roof of the Ranger and the style and specs of the new Pajero Sport looks good, too.

I also like the new Kia Grand Carnival and Kia Sorento - but the dealership is limited.

We are currently driving a Mazda CX-5. A new CX-7 seems to be available within the next 12 months. So perhaps it is better to wait a little...?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

The new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport was revealed, today. So we have a nice competition of 3 brand-new PPV's!

It's a shame, that Ford cannot deliver shortly after the release... Toyota has a better concept here. I already saw some new Fortuners on the roads.

I am looking around for a new 7-seater for my family. The choice is not easy. I like the Fortuner, but «hate» its 3rd folding concept, which took so much space... I like the moon roof of the Ranger and the style and specs of the new Pajero Sport looks good, too.

I also like the new Kia Grand Carnival and Kia Sorento - but the dealership is limited.

We are currently driving a Mazda CX-5. A new CX-7 seems to be available within the next 12 months. So perhaps it is better to wait a little...?

My last rental in the U.S. was a Mazda X9 back in July, that was a pretty dang nice ride.

Kia Sorento is pretty cool

You'll be waiting forever for that Mazda to come out, apart from the Mazda 2 they seem to take forever to release new cars or updates