Police Arrest 21 People Over Long-Running BKK Gem Scam

Lite Beer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how many criminals have been arrested since the coup. It seems that the Thaksin days (do whatever you want as long as I get my billions) are finally coming to an end.

You must be delusional. These cosmetic reforms, small busts, and minor arrests with no follow up are a joke, and you are the propaganda punch line......

Only 21? blink.png

“As the shadow grows when the sun is far away and then comes right below the feet when the sun is directly above the head, so the illusion of maya increases the more one is further away from Rama and decreases when He is inside the mind.” (Dohavali, 69)

Thanks to the RTP for closing this scam (or this section of it). Now let's continue the good work and try and make some of the people on this forum happy. smile.png

The people you refer to, wouldn't know happy if it bit them on their ass.

Amazing how many criminals have been arrested since the coup. It seems that the Thaksin days (do whatever you want as long as I get my billions) are finally coming to an end.

You must be delusional. These cosmetic reforms, small busts, and minor arrests with no follow up are a joke, and you are the propaganda punch line......
You must be one of those brainwashed Shin clan supporters.

How naive ban you be? What you're seeing is just 'smoke and mirrors' to draw your attention away from the really big business going on behind closed doors. Doesn't G2G ring any bells? It should, because there is no way any costings will be released to fully account for taxpayers' money being spent on the Chin/Japanese new railways and the procurement of the unnecessary submarines. Transparency, in your dreams!

It's callef the 'illusion of progress', tinkering around the edges, making it look as though something is being achieved, when, in fact, it's all smoke and mirrors

That has taken quite a few years to do.

The thing is what exactly can they charge a jewelry store with?

If you buy what they are selling then too bad no one is putting a gun to your head.

Villa Supermarket charge more for most items than Foodland........Should they arrest the owner of Villa Supermarket? As much as you may like them to I think not.

All they can do is fine the tuk tuk drivers and spend a lot of time and money making sure they don't come back which simply is not feasible hence it will continue

They should if he paid Tuk Tuk drivers to tell everyone that Foodland is closed, and drive them all to Villa.

If you buy what they are selling then too bad no one is putting a gun to your head.

Villa Supermarket charge more for most items than Foodland........Should they arrest the owner of Villa Supermarket? As much as you may like them to I think not.

All they can do is fine the tuk tuk drivers and spend a lot of time and money making sure they don't come back which simply is not feasible hence it will continue

Oh C'mon, we all know how much and what quality a package of Kellogg's cornflakes is priced or should be and it's a free market. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I for one don't have a clue what to look for or how to examine jewellery to get the real stuff.

If I went to one of those stores, I'm the first one to be cheated as I don't know squat about gems apart from it being worn by people or pets and they originates from the ground, that's about it.

Would be nice to have Big Brother helping me not to be cheated, even if that will never happen here in Thailand though.

Edited by KamalaRider

I hope you read about the submarine scam.

The managers of the three gem stores have been charged with violating Thailand’s consumer protection law for inaccurate description of goods, and 21 tuk-tuk drivers have been arrested and charged with illegal parking and causing nuisance

Ladyboys next??

"violating Thailand’s consumer protection law for inaccurate description of goods," Look out TAT regarding those promos of pristine beaches etc. Didn't they use some photos from another country a year ago or so?

It is difficult for me to applaud here, because this scam runs for over 30 years,
and all officials and authorities know that since.
It was really done nothing against these groups of criminals.

I think it must have been in 1986 or 1987, when I met a 18 year old girl from Germany, total in tears, in the Hello bar on Khao San Road.
These scumbags have ripped off all her money on the first day of her planned trip around the world.

Be careful, this fraudsters work in teams with 5-7 accomplices.
It's a stripped down version of the film the Clou, but much dirtier.
Their victims are often very young first-time visitors or retirees.
The fraudsters go off only on the weak and defenseless.

I hope karma gives them a football sized boil on the ass for the rest of their crippled life.

We will get a follow up report that all Gem Scams have been dealt with and tourists can be assured there are no more gem scams.

And TOT announcing that gem scams has no effects on tourism. coffee1.gif

The longest running scams are rumored to be protected by the police.

I will leave it up to the other individual members to figure out if it is true or not and just how exactly Bangkok's finest could be involved somehow.

Cheers