metal cutting discs

bramds

Where can I find metal cutting discs for my angle grinder?

I can only find abrasive discs and stone cutting discs.

I already tried Homepro and Thai Watsadu in Bangkok.

I have a Black&Decker 100mm angle grinder.

Edited by bramds

I'm surprised you couldn't find them in HomePro, maybe just out of stock.

I went to HomePro at MegaBangna and to HomePro Plus in Ploenchit.

Neither of them has them.

I think there must have been some kind of miscommunication between you and the staff. directtoshop.com (Home Pro's online shop), shows several kind of 4" steel cutting wheels in stock at Home Pro's Bangna location. Here is a couple of examples:

post-5469-0-87554000-1438337326_thumb.jp

post-5469-0-82394900-1438337355_thumb.jp

As you can see they do show as "out of stock" at the Ploenchit store, but I don't think that is a particularly good shop for buying tools. Due to the location, they seem to concentrate on furnishings rather than hard ware items.

Sophon

Well, next time I will take a photo of the empty aisle.

They only had some abrasive discs in the shop, no cutting discs, looks like the staff are too lazy to take them out of the warehouse and put them in the shop.

Don't you think I would have bought them then and there when they were there instead of opening a thread here and looking like a blind donkey?

Never mind, I went to Hardware House on Bangna - Trad and that place is heaven, they also have a lot more choices than HomePro or Thai Watsadu, I know where I am going for my next hardware shopping. Looks to be cheaper too.

Hardware House on Bangna is a worthwhile store to shop for tools in Bangkok. Up Country in Isaan there are plenty of family run tool stores that seem to stock and display metal cutting discs and granite cutting discs. I've bought a few for a Makita angle grinder in Buriram at a tool shop. Diamond Blade brands sold in America including Makita, PFERD, and Bosun are also on display in Buriram. I went to Buriram today to check on a delivery of rebar steel that will arrive not bent for a village house building project near Kaeng Dong. I was pleasantly surprised to see deliveries of house building materials to our village going out as scheduled regardless of the holiday. The Bosun cutting disc is manufactured in Shijiazhuang PRC, but the steel I purchased is made in Thailand. The PFERD diamond metal cutting disc is manufactured in Marienheide, Germany.

http://www.bosuntools.com/theme/en/pro_67.html or https://www.pferdusa.com/products/206f/index.html are at the power tool store that repairs my power tools in Buriram.

post-20604-0-01240400-1438361593_thumb.j

post-20604-0-39019800-1438362095_thumb.j