Trump says he can't recall using insults he's made often

Lite Beer

LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press
JILL COLVIN, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Friday he can't recall using words such as "dog," ''fat" and "disgusting" to insult women he believes have slighted him, but such language litters his Twitter feed and other public comments he's made for years.

Trump, a brash billionaire businessman and reality television star, dominated the first Republican television debate in the 2016 campaign on Thursday with his eccentric and divisive rhetoric. Among other remarks, he refused to apologize for making crude comments about women, saying he doesn't have time for political correctness.

Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly asked Trump about his use of such language and whether it reflected the "temperament of a man we should elect as president."

Trump largely dismissed Kelly's question at the debate, and in a series of interviews Friday on network television, the billionaire businessman questioned whether he had actually used the words as Kelly had alleged.

"You know, some of the statements she made about the women, I don't recognize those words whatsoever," Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America." ''We're going to take a very serious look at it."

Trump has a long history of lobbing insults at those he feels have treated him unfairly, and advises those who buy his books to do the same.

"For many years I've said that if someone screws you, screw them back," he wrote in "Trump: How to Get Rich." ''When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can."

When doing so, he has repeatedly targeted women and their physical appearance.

"Rosie O'Donnell's disgusting, I mean both inside and out. You take a look at her, she's a slob. She talks like a truck driver," he said in 2006 during an interview with "Entertainment Tonight." ''I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say, 'Rosie, you're fired'" from her television show, "The View."

During the debate, Trump acknowledged making such comments — but only about O'Donnell. When Kelly said Trump's comments had gone beyond O'Donnell and asked about his use of such insults on Twitter, Trump replied that he didn't "have time for total political correctness."

Before dawn Friday, Trump had retweeted a post calling Kelly a "bimbo."

The post was later deleted, but a review of Trump's writings, televised interviews and Twitter feed show he's long used such language to describe women — and occasionally men.

Trump has also said the same of men. "Little @MacMiller, I'm now going to teach you a big boy lesson about lawsuits and finance. You ungrateful dog!" he tweeted in 2013 at a rapper who wrote a song titled "Donald Trump."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-08

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is calling Megan Kelly a bimbo news.. but when Megan Kelly asks Ted Cruz, "How will you deal with ISIS?" and he replies, "I will utter the words radical islamic terrorism".. not news..

Is that our new christian mantra like om nama shiva?

Fox was the big loser with their constant conflict engendering combative rhetorical Qs. Their goal was to create acrimony an fanfare rather then probe the strategies of serious folks bidding get the nomination. Fox = Big Loser

Wow, he'd make an excellent TV poster!

I'm not easily offended, but please don't compare me with Trump. I've got some compassion for my fellow man (even if he's poor and down & out), and I don't bluster my way through life. Plus, I'm an environmentalist. The closest Trump ever came to the environment is peeing on a weed alongside the Hudson River.

Fox was the big loser with their constant conflict engendering combative rhetorical Qs. Their goal was to create acrimony an fanfare rather then probe the strategies of serious folks bidding get the nomination. Fox = Big Loser

I agree. Fox tried to play the hit man. While media pundits think it was a gotcha, three polls show that the public thinks Trump won the debate by a good margin. LINK

I'm not really a big Trump supporter but I do like his style. The pandering of politicians got old for me a long time ago.

Wow, he'd make an excellent TV poster!

I'm not easily offended, but please don't compare me with Trump. I've got some compassion for my fellow man (even if he's poor and down & out), and I don't bluster my way through life. Plus, I'm an environmentalist. The closest Trump ever came to the environment is peeing on a weed alongside the Hudson River.

blink.png

How is calling Megan Kelly a bimbo news.. but when Megan Kelly asks Ted Cruz, "How will you deal with ISIS?" and he replies, "I will utter the words radical islamic terrorism".. not news..

I believe Trump was fairly accurate with his description of Rosie O'Donnell. Although, I can't imagine anyone referring to Megan Kelly as a bimbo.

Ted Cruz is light years above that guy who is living in the White House, posing as a world leader, and is heads and shoulders above Clinton or Obama's side kick Biden.

For me Rand Paul lost his chance.

When arguing with Chris Christie his facial expressions made him childish.

Rand Paul has an annoying high and nasal voice which carries no sense of authority. He sounds like he's whining no matter what he says.

A long time ago I read a book called "Change Your Voice : Change Your Life : A Quick, Simple Plan for Finding & Using Your Natural Dynamic Voice" which really helped me. I understood how to modulate my voice in lower tones which is what professional announcers do. So does Trump. Most of the other candidates should read that book.

Cheers.

24m audience - no loser, they made good money on that crap.

I believe Trump was fairly accurate with his description of Rosie O'Donnell. Although, I can't imagine anyone referring to Megan Kelly as a bimbo.

Ted Cruz is light years above that guy who is living in the White House, posing as a world leader, and is heads and shoulders above Clinton or Obama's side kick Biden.

Ted Cruz is a talking head for the teabaggers, what on earth are you on about?

Looks like he's upset Kelly's fan club.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has been disinvited from a conservative conference following comments critical of Fox News host Megyn Kelly. Trump’s invitation to this weekend’s RedState Gathering has been revoked, tweeted Erick Erickson, the conservative website’s editor. Trump has been scheduled to appear at a tailgate at the College Football Hall of Fame with the conservative group on Saturday.

In a statement posted just before midnight on the conservative RedState website, Erickson added that he has tried to give Trump “a great deal of latitude” in his presidential run, but the latest remark crossed a line.
“His comment was inappropriate,” he wrote. “It is unfortunate to have to disinvite him. But I just don’t want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal. It just was wrong.”

He also said that he has invited Kelly to come in Trump’s place, but that she“probably can’t attend.”

Edited by Chicog

I believe the only truthful remark a politician can make through his mouth is a

burp
bərp/
informal
verb
verb: burp; 3rd person present: burps; past tense: burped; past participle: burped; gerund or present participle: burping
  1. 1.
    noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth; belch.
    synonyms: belch; More
    formaleructate;
    rareeruct;
    archaicbolk, rout, ruck
    "cucumbers make me burp"
    • make (a baby) belch after feeding, typically by patting its back.
noun
noun: burp; plural noun: burps
  1. 1.
    a noise made by air released from the stomach through the mouth; a belch.
    synonyms: belch; More
    formaleructation;
    rareventosity;
    archaicbolk
    "he let out a loud burp"
Origin
1930s: imitative.

I honestly cannot remember ever behaving badly, or saying ugly things, now that I am running for the highest office in the land. Somehow, that campaign of mine has affected my memory. I cannot remember being hateful, ugly, deceitful, dishonest, overly cunning, ruthless, manipulative, xenophobic, racist, or a crime boss. I don't remember any of that. I am a really good guy. Honestly, I can lead the country.

This charlatan is one of the most disingenuous people to ever run for an office that thrives on that quality. He is a criminal. He has not uttered a truth since the age of 3. That is the time he started lying to his mother, father, and grandparents. Oh, I am really good at this lying thing. Maybe I can make a living by lying, and cheating people.

I agree. Fox tried to play the hit man. While media pundits think it was a gotcha, three polls show that the public thinks Trump won the debate by a good margin. LINK

I'm not really a big Trump supporter but I do like his style. The pandering of politicians got old for me a long time ago.

The more the media hates Trump, the more the public likes him.

There are many foul and awful politicians around the world (and Trump is a leader in the "foul and awful" division), but what amazes me more is how voters can support someone whose brain has been deposited in a bottle of formaldehyde.

Ok, Ronald Reagan and Dubya have demonstrated that you can be dumb as a stick and still be elected president of the most dangerous country in the world (apart, maybe, from N Korea), but I still cannot fathom how so many millions of people could be so blind and (above all) deaf.

There are many foul and awful politicians around the world (and Trump is a leader in the "foul and awful" division), but what amazes me more is how voters can support someone whose brain has been deposited in a bottle of formaldehyde.

Ok, Ronald Reagan and Dubya have demonstrated that you can be dumb as a stick and still be elected president of the most dangerous country in the world (apart, maybe, from N Korea), but I still cannot fathom how so many millions of people could be so blind and (above all) deaf.

Yes, I totally agree. It amazes me how popular Hillary Clinton is.

I honestly cannot remember ever behaving badly, or saying ugly things, now that I am running for the highest office in the land. Somehow, that campaign of mine has affected my memory. I cannot remember being hateful, ugly, deceitful, dishonest, overly cunning, ruthless, manipulative, xenophobic, racist, or a crime boss. I don't remember any of that. I am a really good guy. Honestly, I can lead the country.

This charlatan is one of the most disingenuous people to ever run for an office that thrives on that quality. He is a criminal. He has not uttered a truth since the age of 3. That is the time he started lying to his mother, father, and grandparents. Oh, I am really good at this lying thing. Maybe I can make a living by lying, and cheating people.

Wow, you knew him when he was three?

Nothing wrong in calling a Spade a Spade - the problem these days is way too much of this PC nonsense.

Unless you are in public office.

Trumps style of talking could very well start wars if he was in office.

I hope he does get the nomination to run....Hillary would then be a shoe-in, and if by some miracle he won, The US, which still hasn't got over the embarrassment of Bush Jr, would well and truly be assigned to the 2nd tier in terms of international diplomacy.