PM hits back at Thaksin

webfact

PM hits back at Thaksin

12006206_906719506031884_333769124724519

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha hit back at fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra saying that he stripped the latter of his police rank as wished by the latter.

“I did as he (Thaksin) said because he said he didn’t want it. Didn’t he said just do it. And today I did (stripped his rank) it as he wished. So how could he blame me,” said the prime minister.

Shortly after General Prayut invoked Section 44 of the interim charter to take away Thaksin’s police rank, the ex-premier posted a message in the social media calling General Prayut’s action childish and urging the latter to focus more on other pressing issues.

The prime minister called Thaksin an unemployed while he had been working hard and more valuable than Thaksin.

He insisted that he used the law fairly and Section 44 could not be invoked against innocent people. “Don’t let the crooks, the corrupt and the law breakers to have a standing space in the society but we should not be too harsh against them,” he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-hits-back-at-thaksin

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-08

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh we are touchy aren't we general? The bogey man in Dubai winds you up soooooooooooo much.

And you are keeping one crook in Thaksin away sure but their are still many in Thai officialdom running amok, civil servants, business men, mafia, the police and even your precious army. Thaksin is gone, stop whining about him and focus on issues at home.

"Come on, even those of you that approve of this government have to admit the General is making a prize tit of himself. Dear oh dear"...Baboon

It should have done many governments ago----he is a convicted criminal on the run. Instead his Sister sent him 40 million US$, from the Thai taxpayers to help him along. ($40 million in frozen assets released under Yingluck) http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/85/thailand-billionaires-11_Thaksin-Shinawatra-family_54T2.html

But the usual posters will joke about this guy doing something ---

no one else in any other Government's would do......................coffee1.gif

Edited by oxo1947

"Come on, even those of you that approve of this government have to admit the General is making a prize tit of himself. Dear oh dear"...Baboon

It should have done many governments ago----he is a convicted criminal on the run. Instead his Sister sent him 40 million US$, from the Thai taxpayers to help him along. ($40 million in frozen assets released under Yingluck) http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/85/thailand-billionaires-11_Thaksin-Shinawatra-family_54T2.html

But the usual posters will joke about this guy doing something ---

no one else in any other Government's would do......................coffee1.gif

It may be a good idea to reread the link you provided slowly .

Ohhhhh we are touchy aren't we general? The bogey man in Dubai winds you up soooooooooooo much.

And you are keeping one crook in Thaksin away sure but their are still many in Thai officialdom running amok, civil servants, business men, mafia, the police and even your precious army. Thaksin is gone, stop whining about him and focus on issues at home.

Surely Thaksin is the whining one? Only 2 weeks ago his only son wrote on his facebook page , 'just do it' So Prayud did.

Thaksin and Newin's legacy to Issan and the North- millions of rai turned into rubber plantations with rock bottom prices- utter foolishness.

Thaksin being petulant as usual, his vanity knows no bounds, and his minions at Krungthai Bank have just received jail terms of 18 years.As the mastermind what can he expect ? More years of counting the grains of sand in the Dubai desert.

I imagine one could live happily ever after in Dubai with his resources. Doubt he's banished in the desert. Imagine how he could wind the General up if he really tried

The prime minister called Thaksin an unemployed while he had been working hard and more valuable than Thaksin.

Ooh, a pissing contest. I do enjoy a good pissing contest, though I doubt it's very useful to Thailand right now.

Reminds me of kids in a sandpit, but one of them is taking money from the Thai people and hasn't got the right or luxury of behaving like a big kid. No matter how good he is at it.

Thaksin being petulant as usual, his vanity knows no bounds, and his minions at Krungthai Bank have just received jail terms of 18 years.As the mastermind what can he expect ? More years of counting the grains of sand in the Dubai desert.

Glad to see you retain your delightfully batty set of priorities.That's exactly what Thailand needs now - another Orwellian hate fest.After all there aren't any more pressing issues to be dealt with.Still on the plus side it has the merit of distracting attention from the daily roll call of stupidity, corruption,arrogance, incompetence and brutality.

I don't think Thaksin is too concerned at being stuck in Dubai counting grains of sand.He seems to be far more welcome in far more countries than the Generalissimo.

Ooh, a pissing contest. I do enjoy a good pissing contest, though I doubt it's very useful to Thailand right now.

Reminds me of kids in a sandpit, but one of them is taking money from the Thai people and hasn't got the right or luxury of behaving like a big kid. No matter how good he is at it.

.........................."but one of them is taking money from the Thai people"................................

Grammar error ! What you should have written was - "but one of them was taking money from the Thai people".................but is now living in the desert in "self imposed exile" ! cheesy.gif

The Permanent Minister, Pontificus Maximus, Propagandist Major... (is that what PM stands for in Thailand?) needs to go to the desert to meet his sweetheart because that's the only way the pair of 'em are going to get a room and give us all a break from their tacky relationship.

Th

Glad to see you retain your delightfully batty set of priorities.That's exactly what Thailand needs now - another Orwellian hate fest.After all there aren't any more pressing issues to be dealt with.Still on the plus side it has the merit of distracting attention from the daily roll call of stupidity, corruption,arrogance, incompetence and brutality.

I don't think Thaksin is too concerned at being stuck in Dubai counting grains of sand.He seems to be far more welcome in far more countries than the Generalissimo.

I think Thaksin is very concerned at being stuck in the desert and unable to come back to his homeland. His own ex-wife and mother of his 3 children hasn't visited him in 7 years, I wonder why, perhaps his vanity was too much for her finally.

The older you get the more important family becomes and it must surely hurt to only have sand dunes to gaze at. Money can only do so much.

Why is he scared of Thaksin?

Thaksin could still beat him in a poulularity contest tomorrow if he were allowed to come back... Even after all the famous corruption and stolen billions...

This general came up short when he says we will stop corruption and then reshuffled all his friends into the cabinet jobs and his brother as top dog in the army

Mr Prime Minister is engaging in the kind of repartee that is prevalent in the back of a school bus.

Or perhaps he is channeling the French knights when confronted by "Arthur, King of the Britons".

montypythonandtheholygrail.jpeg

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Is there someone else up there we can talk to?
No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time ! ! !
Edited by phoenixdoglover

Th

I think Thaksin is very concerned at being stuck in the desert and unable to come back to his homeland. His own ex-wife and mother of his 3 children hasn't visited him in 7 years, I wonder why, perhaps his vanity was too much for her finally.

The older you get the more important family becomes and it must surely hurt to only have sand dunes to gaze at. Money can only do so much.

How is it you are privy to the peregrinations of Thaksin's former wife?

Th

I agree with you.Exile is painful for all the reasons you mention and others.I just question the need for a hate fest.

The very best advice to the General re Thaksin is to say NOTHING. Or to say, "he's no longer relevant", " my focus is on the future not the past", deflect, pass, ignore, but don't get angry and don't bite. He can't win if he continues to react.

Dont let the crooks, the corrupt and the law breakers to have a standing space in the society but we should not be too harsh against them, he said.

My first question is, why? Second question is, would Thaksin get 18 years in prison if he returned? I certainly hope there are other corrupt, law breaking individuals that the courts might be a bit harsher with or nothing will change.

Th

I would love to be in his position, in Dubai, or many countries that he visits on a whim with all the money I could dream of and havng an old woman not wishing to visit me.

Bliss.

That's a very good question. And the answer is - because Thaksin can call on an election-winning number of people to support him. Prayuth can call on his Mum, Prem and few of the barstool-squatters in TVF.

Oh, and the International community thinks he's an interloper. And they're right.

That's a very good question. And the answer is - because Thaksin can call on an election-winning number of people to support him. Prayuth can call on his Mum, Prem and few of the barstool-squatters in TVF.

Oh, and the International community thinks he's an interloper. And they're right.

If he has so much support why does he not come home to a hero's welcome ? (this should be good) biggrin.png

To be fair his support is much larger than that and includes a majority of the urban middle class and others who for valid reasons distrust majoritarian democracy.But you are right it's not enough to win an election.

What we really don't know is how political opinion has developed since the coup.The polling surveys are obvious suspect.I keep an open mind.My unprovable hunch is that PTP would just about scrape a victory but there are many more floaters.There's all to play for.

If he has so much support why does he not come home to a hero's welcome ? (this should be good) biggrin.png

300,000 soldiers. With guns. And tall hats.

And a few dozen folk who laughingly refer to themselves as judges - all of whom have had their orders. And about 300,000 nimrods who don't mind stopping the traffic in Bangkok. And Suthep/Abhisit'etc, collective IQ about 20 but who shout really really loud the way low-IQ people often do.

Obviously.

Did you *really have to ask why?

Edited by Jon Wetherall