well maybe the party is not yet over but well and

truly winding down, the Thai government is

probably clearing out all the dead wood, it doesn't

need/want expats, try visa runs in other countries

and see where you get, i saw the light years ago

and decided to re-evaluate my situation in LOS

and decided that living there full time was not on

so i do 6 months in 6 months out, those who left

it too long,, let's read Thaivisa same time next year.

attachicon.gifbury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

So you do 6 months in, 6 months out? I do too.

Has it occurred to you that this may be a problem from now on?

According to the OP (a global moderator), some immigration officers refuse to accept an out/in on a double tourist visa or a non immi O 1 year visa.

Soon standard procedure everywhere?

PS. Nice selfie!

He saw the light years ago. Maybe he had a near death experience and wham he is now a official talking head from somewhere in charge of making a bad situation worse. I think we should change him to Mr. Know It All. God I hate when these pious people come on here. They have such a superior attitude. Sometimes one wonders how they can fit themselves and their ego into one room together. Usually Ozzies are such well balanced thought processing friendly people but this guy is right off of the charts. Must have a Mozzie up his wazzou.

Edited by elgordo38

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just ban all out-in runs. People have been abusing them for years.

Please shut up, who are you to decide what Immigration should do?

Nah, he is just a old grumpy fart. There are many of these here in Thailand. You see them already in the morning with a big bottle of Chang beer. It's their way of live.

Big bottle of Chang and a straw whistling.gif

A real disaster for tourism.

The international press will write:

Granted Visas for Thailand are worthless.

That is very very stupid.

No there not, you just cant use those border posts thats all,

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out

Also the tourist with multi entry or double tourist visas?

Many do a visit by land trip (car, bus, train, motorbike, walking, bicycle) to neighbouring countries.

We obviously have differing opinions as to what a disaster is

Now tourists have no idea what to expect from the Thai government.

Today they won't stamp visa's at certain borders but what will they come up with tomorrow?

And why the General doesn't do anything to stop this?

This creates a lot of uncertainty among European tourists who have never ever seen such games being played about their backs. So i guess/know that many of them will travel elsewhere where the government never made such strange moves.

Also the reliable travelagency's will tell the truth to their clients and advise them to go elsewhere to make sure they get a nice holiday without nasty surprises.

So nope, i sure don't agree with you. You don't know what it is to be European i guess.

And people still think the ASEAN market and movement restrictions easing is going to happen?

i've just post (n* 202) a interresting link
Thank you. I read it. It prompted my post. Edited by JAG

They should just ban all out-in runs. People have been abusing them for years.

Please shut up, who are you to decide what Immigration should do?

Nah, he is just a old grumpy fart. There are many of these here in Thailand. You see them already in the morning with a big bottle of Chang beer. It's their way of live.

Big bottle of Chang and a straw whistling.gif

Yep, daily allowance from lovely wifey who owns house and pick-up whistling.gif

Thai immigration changes the rules about every 3 months. Very good for boosting tourism. I do not make any visas for Thailand, I just use the visa-free entry to this country, then I go to Laos, also visa-free entry, and then I come back on visa-free entry.

You can still do that and stay whole year here in Thailand? blink.png

why are they choosing to make no changes to crossing the borders with Laos and Malaysia ?

Because Immigration is divided in regions. In this case the head of the East region tought that it was right and timely to abuse his powers, taking advantage of their internal fight. He then may be able to say he did more to the others and be advanced for a promotion.

You know Brazil gives a 10 year resident visa for like $300....

Who would want to live in Brazil?
If someone is interested in "planting flags" so to speak..for example opening a bank account and GETTING A SECOND PASSPORT Brazil is a fantastic option. You can rent a 2 bdrm house for $200....its hot. Its wet. They have beaches and hot girls. And you can get Brazilian citizanship in 4 years if you can speak and write intermediate portuguese. I imagine anyone who wants dual citizenship...and who doesnt want to mess with visa runs...Brazil is a fantastic option. That's the demographic i assume would be interested sir.

brazil has some widely varying degrees of quality of life

there are favelas the police swat teams are afraid to go into biggrin.png

but im sure the rent is cheap ........and the locals will love a rich farang living amongst them ....lol

which cities still cost $200 a month ?

i know there are places in thailand you can rent for $200 a month also and not bad for that money

probably a hell of a lot safer for your health too

Beside that's impossible to "get a 2nd passport in Brazil", the police - actually the army have no fear to enter the favelas. read the news and check who is mourning innocent deaths - not the police not the military.

Edited by paz

Is it correct that all this BS inconveniencing hundred or thousands of farang is simply a spite game between government officials because one caused the other to lose face ?.

Because there is no way this could be considered a security measure to stop bombers getting in.

Who would EVER make a firm commitment for investment or business to this country when they change the rules on a personal whim like this ?. Why are individuals allowed to make policy decisions ?.

Prayuth needs to knock some heads together and keep clear of all the sawdust which will come out.

Ohh a junta lover FINALLY wakes up? well at least that's good news! welcome to the sane and informed!

Oh, please. Nothing to do with the "junta". The PM is certainly not dictating these policies. Police (and Immigration is a police division) are getting fingers pointed at them, certain members are being "transferred", reproved, or whatever, don't much like it, and are reacting like children with all this business at the checkpoints. The military and the police are two different, very much rival, rice bowls in this country. When one tries to rein in the other, foreigners tend to get caught in the crossfire. 'Been that way forever. But don't let that upset your anti- agenda. Carry on.

Hello

Read comments about Brazil.. I have been living in Argentina for 8 years before coming back to Thailand..

Visas in Argentina are very easy.. THEY ARE NOT in Brazil.. that is not true..

Anyway we are in Thailand, aren't we ??

Anyone wishing to go and live in Argentina can IP me.. I have a wonderful house for sale or rent there..clap2.gif and I provide help for your visa you will get if you have an income of 800 dollars per month...whatever age.. and after 3 years you get permanent residency for all your life.. !!

Have a nice week end

Hello

Read comments about Brazil.. I have been living in Argentina for 8 years before coming back to Thailand..

Visas in Argentina are very easy.. THEY ARE NOT in Brazil.. that is not true..

Anyway we are in Thailand, aren't we ??

Anyone wishing to go and live in Argentina can IP me.. I have a wonderful house for sale or rent there..clap2.gif and I provide help for your visa you will get if you have an income of 800 dollars per month...whatever age.. and after 3 years you get permanent residency for all your life.. !!

Have a nice week end

British citizens excluded and deported if driving a Porsche :lol:

There must be lots of people with 1 year non immigrant O visas.

"O" = other = married, retired,...., NOT tourism.

Every 3 months they must do an out / in.

Now what?

They don't have to leave the country if they have the proper visa. I had the O based on marriage for years. Now I have the retirement and report once a year. Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

Why should they not be here? What is wrong with the guy on a marriage visa, going to the border every 90 days?

Personally, I do not wish to have a lot of money in a Thai bank, there are things that can happen which is beyond a

persons control that could force them to pay out lots of money to unscrupulous people.

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out

this borders are hardly a tourist spot and the international press really don't care about that.

It is a disaster for the people working illegal here.

"It is a disaster for the people working illegal here". Good, they are the ones who are causing problems for the many ex pats here who have the right visa.

Now what?

Why do an in out, i was on a non O marriage I never left the country just did a 90 day report.

I think a lot of us would like to know how you managed that? Just to clear it up, is that the marriage visa that you pay 5000 Baht for

and then do the 90 day reporting for up to the next 15 months?

Q: so is there a minimum amount of time needed e.g. 1 night, 2 nights, etc required to re-enter at the same border?

Out-In needs that clarification. I realize it might not be the same at each border.

Edit: if so, will TV start a new pinned topic on Out-In reports of the neigboring borders?

My understanding is yes, you need to spend at least a night, preferably 2-3 days away for it not to be considered an in/out. Same day travel back to Thailand is considered in/out.

Problem is though, at some of the Myanmar crossings, without a Myanmar visa in your passport you can't legally spend more than a day in Myanmar (for example at the Myawady crossing) because in order to stay overnight, you'll need a visa. In that case, it's up to the Thai side to let you out in the first place.

This is not a problem at any of the Cambodian borders, which only have one entry system.

Another silly knee-jerk reaction, from a silly knee-jerk government.

Changing the rules in this way without giving people some advance notice is as ridiculous as it is cruel. People with valid visas taking a short trip to a neighbouring country finding themselves stuck at the border with nowhere to stay.

Shameful.

And why on earth do they make you leave the country after 30 days when you have a 60 day tourist visa???

Why not just issue 60 day tourist visas?

TiT.

What's the point in having border crossings if no one is allowed to go in or out?

Dumba$$e$

You can go in and out,just not the same day.

OK, so with many people doing in and outs, there probably won't be enough hotels for them which will obviously mean

they will have to find some places to sleep.

Thai immigration changes the rules about every 3 months. Very good for boosting tourism. I do not make any visas for Thailand, I just use the visa-free entry to this country, then I go to Laos, also visa-free entry, and then I come back on visa-free entry.

thats a great way to save pages in your passport ,but for an extra few bucks every decade or so .........you can get the extended passsport with 100 pages

i rather just do that and go where i want ,if they want to make a visa ,let em

Extended passport?? Is that not only for the USA? I do stand to be corrected.

this borders are hardly a tourist spot and the international press really don't care about that.

It is a disaster for the people working illegal here.

"It is a disaster for the people working illegal here". Good, they are the ones who are causing problems for the many ex pats here who have the right visa.

Most are Cambodians, Laotians, Burmese wanting to do higher paying jobs than those available under the migrant labour scheme. Pattaya is full of them - and there are no visas for bar/massage work!

I wasn't aware that Laos operated a visa exempt scheme - is this something new ?

Now what?

Why do an in out, i was on a non O marriage I never left the country just did a 90 day report.

I think a lot of us would like to know how you managed that? Just to clear it up, is that the marriage visa that you pay 5000 Baht for

The visa where you have 400k in the bank and pay 1900 bt for the visa. Its valid for a year and you dont have to leave the country.

Now what?

The visa where you have 400k in the bank and pay 1900 bt for the visa. Its valid for a year and you dont have to leave the country.

No such visa robblok.

Now what?

OK Robblok thanks, I'm quite happy to leave most of my money back in the UK, I don't trust having a lot of money here, I only keep enough here in Thailand to keep me going, and transfer money as required. That's why I do the 90 day visa runs, it's also a good way to do road trips on the motorbike.

Robblok means an extension of a non imm O visa.

That extension requires paperwork and possibly tea.

The non imm O does not, but needs to be renewed every 15 or 17 months, outside Thailand, easy in your own country. Downside: the border runs every 3 or 5 months, with visa & tea for the Cambodians.

The non imm O does not, but needs to be renewed every 15 or 17 months, outside Thailand, easy in your own country. Downside: the border runs every 3 or 5 months, with visa & tea for the Cambodians.

Wrong. Its an extension to stay based on marriage. Once the extension has been granted your O-visa or as your putting it non imm O is null and void. I am on my 4 th marriage extension and it is not a visa. This extension requires you to report every 90 days to your immigration office,

Edited by khwaibah

Wrong. Its an extension to stay based on marriage. Once the extension has been granted your O-visa or as your putting it non imm O is null and void. I am on my 4 th marriage extension and it is not a visa. This extension requires you to report every 90 days to your immigration office,

I fully agree with you, except for 1 word: ??? WRONG ???

Enlighten me please!

I fully agree with you, except for 1 word: ??? WRONG ???

Enlighten me please!

"Marriage" is the key word and it's not a visa extension. Otherwise you're in agreement with each other!

You know Brazil gives a 10 year resident visa for like $300....

they do ? tell me more.... what are the requirements ?

Spent 6 weeks in South America (albeit only in Spanish-speaking countries) last year for the first time since 1999 and LOVED it.

If I can get some expected funds released in 2017, I am seriously considering to move to South America