Border Run Alternatives

Yes, G8 countries normally have the right of an automatic 30 days stay.* That doesn't mean they will always give it to you.

What the person at the Embassy said was they have the right of refusal - just as a restaurant can refuse you entry because they don't like your face: and secondly, they are clamping down on visa runs. He said Penang was a case in point, but I'm expecting to go overland. My contact mentioned flights from Penang, but let's see if your members have noticed a difference.....

*I specifically asked about the length of stay by land from Malaysia because 20 years ago,if you entered via Malaysia by land, you were reduced from an automatic 30 day visa to a 15 day visa like everyone else. I asked if this had changed knowing that it had last year. He replied, "What is happening right now is unconfirmed (i.e. not in writing), but we know it's happening."

I used the word, 'agent' to protect the person who told me.

• Even if someone holds a visa they do not have an automatic right to enter. The IO can refuse entry under section 12 of the immigration act or grant a reduced time the person can stay.
  • Clamping down on visa runs has been ongoing since 2006.
  • No visas are issued at the border. And as far as I know G7 nationals still get 30 days at the Malaysian border crossings. If you know differently then please post your evidence. Rumour spreading doesn't help anyone!
  • Like 2

After slogging through numerous useless voicemail systems reached through numerous numbers provided to torment inquisitive travelers on the official Bkk Immigration website, I finally got through to a REAL PERSON (For future reference: it may take a few tries at 02 209-1100 but persistence will ultimately get one of them to actually answer their phone).

The 'official' word on duration of visas received upon arrival: 15 DAYS IF BY LAND, 30 DAYS IF BY AIR (apparently this is how they separate the budget travelers from those with a bit of money to spill).

After slogging through numerous useless voicemail systems reached through numerous numbers provided to torment inquisitive travelers on the official Bkk Immigration website, I finally got through to a REAL PERSON (For future reference: it may take a few tries at 02 209-1100 but persistence will ultimately get one of them to actually answer their phone).

The 'official' word on duration of visas received upon arrival: 15 DAYS IF BY LAND, 30 DAYS IF BY AIR (apparently this is how they separate the budget travelers from those with a bit of money to spill).

That is true for many people but not all. Those from G7 countries get 30 days at a land border. Those from countries that have a bilateral agreement with Thailand can get 14, 30 or 90 days by air or land dependent upon what country they are from. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

The duration of stay granted by a visa on arrival is only 15 days.

I believe you are referring to the Tourist Visa Exempt Scheme and the information you were given is wrong/incomplete. In 2008 a regulation came in to force limiting land border entries to 15 days. However, in 2013 the 15 day limit was 'officially' increased back to 30 days for the G7 countries.

• Like 1

The duration of stay granted by a visa on arrival is only 15 days.

I believe you are referring to the Tourist Visa Exempt Scheme and the information you were given is wrong/incomplete. In 2008 a regulation came in to force limiting land border entries to 15 days. However, in 2013 the 15 day limit was 'officially' increased back to 30 days for the G7 countries.

He likely, when speaking to the "REAL PERSON", asked about VOA's or some other such garbled question which the "Person" did their best to answer.

The post displays a clear failure to appreciate that "visas" are very different from VEE's !

The bit about "budget travelers" v the "others" is the stuff of a "drama queen" and has been made up ! smile.png

• Like 2

Hey guys, you're using so much jargon that I can barely understand what yo'all are sayin'.

For those who thought I was scaremongering, can you please read this link: http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php (I have pasted the first para for the lazy wai2.gif )

It is entitled: New Rules for Visa on Arrival

30-day Visas now Down to 15

Border runs have been cut short due to the very recent change in rules regarding overland entry by Thai immigration. Foreigners entering Thailand via border posts at Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Malaysia without securing a prior visa will now be granted only 15 days of stay in the country as opposed to the previous Visa on Arrival, which was valid for 30 days.

Edited by Seraphina

Hey guys, you're using so much jargon that I can barely understand what yo'all sayin'.

For those who thought I was scaremongering, can you please read this link: http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php (I have pasted the first para for the lazy wai2.gif )

Border runs have been cut short due to the very recent change in rules regarding overland entry by Thai immigration. Foreigners entering Thailand via border posts at Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Malaysia without securing a prior visa will now be granted only 15 days of stay in the country as opposed to the previous Visa on Arrival, which was valid for 30 days.

That is a commercial website and the information is outdated, misleading and wrong.

Visa exempt entry was reduced to 15 days at land borders in 2008. Then in 2013 they increased it back to 30 days for G7 countries.

• Like 1

Hmmm, yes, that website says, 'Thai Embassy', but looks suspicious!

Here's one that looks like an agency, but it's dated April 2016. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules,

If you don't have a valid visa for 60 or 90 days, this is what it says:

• Real Tourist entering via an international airport will still obtain a 30 day stay on arrival, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay will be denied entry. Decision is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer. 14th April 2016, info is up to date.

Anyone with the time and energy to cross-check this from Thailand..... Phone: 081-815-4803

Edited by Seraphina

Here's one that looks like an agency, but it's dated April 2016. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules,

• Real Tourist entering via an international airport will still obtain a 30 day stay on arrival, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay will be denied entry. Decision is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer. 14th April 2016, info is up to date.

Anyone with the time and energy to cross-check this from Thailand..... Phone: 081-815-4803

Since August 2014 immigration officers are under orders to stop 'visa runners'. These are people using 'back to back' visa exempt entry to live/work here. If the IO identifies someone as a 'visa runner' they can interview the person and or deny entry. Some borders no longer allow out/in at all, and some limit the visitor to 90 days per year.

Genuine tourists should not have a problem, but the days are over for anyone wanting to live here long term using visa exempt entry.

The fact remains that nationals of G7 countries get 30 days at land borders and there has been no recent change to that. Many Embassy/Consulate and commercial websites are out of date or giving wrong information.

Quick question for the savvy: I understand that one can obtain re-entry permits at some airports such as Chiang Mai, apparently there are desks close to the emmigration area. Someone has said, it has to be done on the day of travel because you need a boarding pass. Is this true because surely we have smart phones and e-tickets which remove the need for the old-fashioned boarding passes?

I've been to at least one airport in Australia where I picked up my inbound boarding pass at the same time as my outbound boarding pass for a day trip! Not sure if that's arrived in Asia yet....

Edited by Seraphina

Quick question for the savvy: I understand that one can obtain re-entry permits at some airports such as Chiang Mai, apparently there are desks close to the emmigration area. Someone has said, it has to be done on the day of travel because you need a boarding pass. Is this true because surely we have smart phones and e-tickets which remove the need for the old-fashioned boarding passes?

I've been to at least one airport in Australia where I picked up my inbound boarding pass at the same time as my outbound boarding pass for a day trip! Not sure if that's arrived in Asia yet....

I haven't gone through the re-entry procedure. But isn't a boarding pass still a boarding pass if it is in the smartphone?

If you got an electronic boarding pass via on-line check-in, maybe it is a good idea to print it out for re-entry permit application. (If you check-in at the airport, I guess you always get a physical boarding card.)

Edited by thailandsgreat

@ thailandsgreat

Yes, but the point is, I think you can get your electronic ticket-cum boarding pass and electronic 'splodge'* on smart phone - no printing - before your actual date of travel (someone had sent you can only get the reentry permit at the airport on the date of travel because you need to present your boarding pass).

* I don't know what the technical term is but for both flights and trains now, I book online and receive a square splodge on my phone which the powers that be have to scan before I can board. I suppose it's a replacement of the old bar code? People without baggage go sraight to the boardng gate without having to queue to check in at the main desk. Indeed, they actually check in at the gate! Maybe that's just Australia and France?

Edited by Seraphina

@ thailandsgreat

Yes, but the point is, I think you can get your electronic ticket-cum boarding pass and electronic 'splodge'* on smart phone - no printing - before your actual date of travel (someone had sent you can only get the reentry permit at the airport on the date of travel because you need to present your boarding pass).

* I don't know what the technical term is but for both flights and trains now, I book online and receive a square splodge on my phone which the powers that be have to scan before I can board. I suppose it's a replacement of the old bar code? People without baggage go sraight to the boardng gate without having to queue to check in at the main desk. Indeed, they actually check in at the gate! Maybe that's just Australia and France?

When you check-in or buy bus/train tickets on-line you get an electronic boarding pass with a "splodge" (QR-code) in your phone. If you check-in on-line before the date of travel you get the electronic boarding pass immediately when you check-in. If you have check-in luggage you can then just leave it at a bag-drop when you get to the airport, otherwise you can go straight to the gate.

Edited by thailandsgreat

Hey guys, you're using so much jargon that I can barely understand what yo'all are sayin'.

At first maby you should, as other people already mentioned, check the information you put here in a real place with some kind of authority. That does not include www.thaiembassy.com, wich is a mis-leading site of great proportions.

As for everything else regarding this question about 15 or 30 days, that all the people now have repeated in a gigantic amount of messages and replies. What in the world is the problem?

It is as simple and clear as it can be. If you want to stay in Thailand you need to get or apply for a valid visa that support what you want to do. and how long time you are going to stay.

If you enter Thailand without a visa some people will get 15, 30 or 90 days. After that you can extend this with another 2 periods of 15 or 30 days.

For those who want to stay longer the right way is to apply for a visa at the Thai Embassy in good time before travelling.

Other options for thoose who will not work:

Here you can choose between 3 or 6 month tourist visa. The 3 month is single entry and 6 month is multiple. 6 month can also be extended for 3 month more.

A 1 year visa regarding retirement, visit family or marrige. Here are the much talked about Non-O and Non O-A visas

A student visa for all who wishes to study in Thailand.

(If you apply to the rules regarding theese visas above wich means not working due to that you can get a work permit or a TIN-number holdning ant of the above visas, there is no problem of obtaining a visa like this)

For all other that like to live and work in Thailand:

Here is everything simple and clear. Apply for a Business visa. Get your work permit. Apply to the rules in your work permit. If you are employed by a Thai company they will file your tax payment before you get your salury. If you start your own company, you will need to register for a TIN-number (Tax Identification Number), and see to that you file your own tax as supposed according to the rules.

With all this talk about visa runs, that just does not exist no more, and 15 or 30 days it just looks like everyone talking here want to find a way to cheat the system. Just read the information about what you need to do to stay in Thailand, and everything will be fine. It is not so hard to understand. If you still do not grasp what you read, then get in touch with an immigration officer to get more information. They are there to help you. They are not going to send you out of Thailand on false grounds. Just apply to the rules and regulations if you want to stay in Thailand. If not it is just to "butt out" or choose another country for hollidays or long stay. As simple as it can be, and there is a visa in Thailand that suits everyone.

Edited by Carson2311

If you click on disclaimer at the bottom of the page on that thaiembassy.com website you see that it states "ThaiEmbassy.com is not the official site of the Royal Thai Embassy and is not affiliated with the government of Thailand."

Info on the Thai visa service website is kept up to date. It might of been best if they had said can instead of will be denied entry. People are actually doing out/in trips for a visa exempt entry but can be questioned after doing more that a couple of them.

@Unbonjoe Thanks for pointing this out. I did indeed miss this fact! I await confirmation from my contact in the UK at the Thai Embassy/Consulate for insider information - if they would just pick up the wretched phone!

@ Caron 2311

I think you're being unduly pessimistic. Not ALL people are trying to CHEAT the system as you have assumed. I simply wish to enter by land and 25 years ago, this was meant the usual automatic 30 visa was reduced to 15 days. I know the rules changed in 2014. but didn't know if it affected my O visa of which there are two types. I would have to pretty stupid not to check and cross check any new information. And this is what I'm doing....

Moreover, I'm not talking about an 0-A visa as this is a CATtegory, not a visa type! I'm only interested in the Non-Immigrant O visa.

It is NOT called, as you suggest, a "NON-O visa"..... if you want to be pedantic. In English, this would be a highly misleading lable as the prefix 'non' is, indubitably, a negative.

There is also another retirement visa for the 60+ year olds which is yet another category. I don't know which country you live in; but I live in France and we retire at 50 for femailes and 55 for males so there are slightly different paperwork requirements. So, while I'm using the UK as a base line, I do not come under their rules. There are less stringent rules, in fact.

Try not to be so UK-centric! The G7 consists of 7 countries not just the UK! And while I hold a UK passport,not all UK citizens reSIDE there - and in my case, until recently, I had not lived in Europe for more than 30 years. You will, I hope, understand if I'm a little out of touch with the current rules for UK citizens and residents of other European countries.

I can, however, advise you on work visas for Australia if you're earning over 100,000 Australian dollars and legal ways to reduce your 50% tax burden. It's horses for courses mate!

@Unbonjoe Thanks for pointing this out. I did indeed miss this fact! I await confirmation from my contact in the UK at the Thai Embassy/Consulate for insider information - if they would just pick up the wretched phone!

@ Caron 2311

I think you're being unduly pessimistic. Not ALL people are trying to CHEAT the system as you have assumed. I simply wish to enter by land and 25 years ago, this was meant the usual automatic 30 visa was reduced to 15 days. I know the rules changed in 2014. but didn't know if it affected my O visa of which there are two types. I would have to pretty stupid not to check and cross check any new information. And this is what I'm doing....

Moreover, I'm not talking about an 0-A visa as this is a CATtegory, not a visa type! I'm only interested in the Non-Immigrant O visa.

It is NOT called, as you suggest, a "NON-O visa"..... if you want to be pedantic. In English, this would be a highly misleading lable as the prefix 'non' is, indubitably, a negative.

There is also another retirement visa for the 60+ year olds which is yet another category. I don't know which country you live in; but I live in France and we retire at 50 for femailes and 55 for males so there are slightly different paperwork requirements. So, while I'm using the UK as a base line, I do not come under their rules. There are less stringent rules, in fact.

Try not to be so UK-centric! The G7 consists of 7 countries not just the UK! And while I hold a UK passport,not all UK citizens reSIDE there - and in my case, until recently, I had not lived in Europe for more than 30 years. You will, I hope, understand if I'm a little out of touch with the current rules for UK citizens and residents of other European countries.

I can, however, advise you on work visas for Australia if you're earning over 100,000 Australian dollars and legal ways to reduce your 50% tax burden. It's horses for courses mate!

I was not aware of there being two "types" of O visa. Which "type" do you hope to obtain ?

Perhaps when you have this visa you will post a scan of this visa which, I presume, will carry an indication of which "type" it is.

Thanks

@johnatong I will promise to photocopy my one year visa in my passport when I get it unless I decide to go for the 3 month version...the paperwork for which is far less stringent, no bank references, no medical, no criminal record check.

Below you will see that there are two O visas for 50 plus year olds (see numbers 7 & 8). The O-A category includes other applicant profiles as well . Below is a copy from the Royal Thai Embassy webpage on the different TYPES of visa (http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/44) so that you can see in summary what is available,

Visa Type

Fee (£)

1. Transit (3 months validity/single entry)

2. Tourist (3 months validity/Up to 60 days/Single)

3. Tourist (6 months validity/Up to 60 days/Multiple Entries)

4. Non-Immigrant (3 months validity/Single Entry/up to 90 days)

5. Non-Immigrant (1 year validity/ Multiple Entries)

6. Non-Immigrant (3 year validity/ Multiple Entries)

7. Non-Immigrant O (3 months validity/ Single Entry/Up to 1 year)

8. Non-Immigrant O (1 year validity/ Multiple Entries/Up to 1 year)

I think yo'all are younger than me which is why you're not so familiar with the Non-Immigrant O visas. There is a visa for 50+ year olds and one for 60+ year olds. The paperwork for each is different. For my category, Applicant must be aged 50 years and over / is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year./ strictly prohibited from working (number 8).

And yes the agent WAS wrong. According to the above, taken from the Royal Thai Embassy website (http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188), she completely missed the one year multiple entry visa. Regarding the Visa on Arrival (VOA), this should really be called, G7 exemption visa. Do read and be enlightened...

Tourist Visa Exemption Since 20 December 2013,Nationals of (G7) the following countries who enter via a land crossing or enter via an airport will be entitled to a 30 day visa exemption , UK, U.S.A, Canada, Italy, Germany, Japan, France

Let’s not be calling each other stupid before doing the basic research….

@johnatong I will promise to photocopy my one year visa in my passport when I get it unless I decide to go for the 3 month version...the paperwork for which is far less stringent, no bank references, no medical, no criminal record check.

Below you will see that there are two O visas for 50 plus year olds (see numbers 7 & 8). The O-A category includes other applicant profiles as well . Below is a copy from the Royal Thai Embassy webpage on the different TYPES of visa (http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/44) so that you can see in summary what is available,

Visa Type

Fee (£)

I think yo'all are younger than me which is why you're not so familiar with the Non-Immigrant O visas. There is a visa for 50+ year olds and one for 60+ year olds. The paperwork for each is different. For my category, Applicant must be aged 50 years and over / is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year./ strictly prohibited from working (number 8).

And yes the agent WAS wrong. According to the above, taken from the Royal Thai Embassy website (http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188), she completely missed the one year multiple entry visa. Regarding the Visa on Arrival (VOA), this should really be called, G7 exemption visa. Do read and be enlightened...

Tourist Visa Exemption Since 20 December 2013,Nationals of (G7) the following countries who enter via a land crossing or enter via an airport will be entitled to a 30 day visa exemption , UK, U.S.A, Canada, Italy, Germany, Japan, France

Thanks ----That appears to be an edited version of the website page not a direct copy/past/

-I hope you also read and understood this "Category "O" ..To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

But I wish you well and hope you get the "O" visa once you have evidenced receipt of your State Pension. If you cannot do that an "O" visa will not be issued but as you are over 50 the O/A visa option remains

Edited by johnatong

Thanks, will persist.

I was a bit worried about the state pension part as I'm too young to draw on a UK pension and not eligible in France (as I haven't contributed long enough in France), but you may remember my mentioning the requirements for an O visa in France are slightly different than for applicants going through the London Embassy....I've crossed checked the English and French requirements which are a pdf document and the main difference is actually the pension part. Here, there's no need to prove you're on a pension. They give a lot of weight to the bank balance attestation, possibly because the social security system here is so very different. Who knows? The French are a law unto themselves.

In any case, the agent hasn't asked for any such paperwork. She's stuck to what's on line. I'm double checking she knows whats she's doing as she automatically assumed I wanted the three month version for 60 euros even though I said one year. Both of those O visas have a three month reporting duty. Wish me luck. I've just got some criminal record stuff int the post...just doctor's stuff to do now. Signing off now until I get it sorted!

Thanks for your support, input and challenges!

@ Caron 2311

As for the so called two different Non-O visas, which it´s actually called on the stamp in your passport by the way, there is really only one type. It´s just that you have the option to choose 3 month with single entry or 1 year which automatically comes with mutiple entry. That´s because you as you know already only can be in the country for a maximum of 90 days allowed.

Regarding that everybody try to cheat the system was not directly pointed at you. Just something that was a general thought. It simply just looks like that to me. The most simple thing is to go by the rules. Even if the rules are up to the immigration officer at hand and can change from one place to another. As a foreigner there is absolutely nothing more to du, than give them what they ask for and apply with the rules att the immigration checkpoint you pass by.

One example of that is: When you apply for a 1 year visa at the embassy in the country you come fromand they do not ask for an income letter or a copy of a bank statement with proof of sufficent financial means, does not mean that the immigration officer is going to leave that alone. Ha can simply at the checkpoint or att the immigration office you visit ask you for that in the middle of your visa period to approve another 90 days.

That you got your visa at the Thai embassy means that you have a visa to show at the checkpoints, but it does not mean that you automatically are going to be allowed to enter the country. That is totally up to the the immigration checkpoint and the officer at hand.

Visa Type

Fee (£)

I understand that is not easy to keep up to date with the information that changes all the time, but you can not take information regarding Tourist Visa Exemption Since 20 December 2013. A whole world has been changing since then!

Today everything is just more unclear, and yet another time in this forum I will have to double copy information.

Regarding Department of Consular Affairs, 10 February 2016, which I think is the most updated information you can find, the rule is written as follows:

"* Nationals of Brazil, Republic of Korea and Peru are entitled for tourist visa exemption scheme. Meanwhile, Thailand also holds bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passports for a visit of not exceeding 90 days with Brazil, Republic of Korea and Peru.

** If such nationals enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except (1) Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia, (2) Nationals of the G7 countries: USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan, whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time.In addition, such nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports are also practically exempted from visa for tourism."

Here you suddenly are no longer entitled to 30 days on a VOA by land. It clearly states that you will be granted a period that does not exceed 30 days. That basically means that they do not need to let you enter at all. Also here up to the immigration officer at hand.

I hope that clears a little bit, at the same time it´s confusing as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me whether I can still cross at Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) with a non immigrant O multi entry visa to satisfy the 90 days exit/re-entry? From what I have read it appears ok with this visa, but not ok for visa exempt??

Does anyone know if the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing is open 24/7 or does it have opening and closing times/days?

Can anyone tell me whether I can still cross at Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) with a non immigrant O multi entry visa to satisfy the 90 days exit/re-entry? From what I have read it appears ok with this visa, but not ok for visa exempt??

Does anyone know if the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing is open 24/7 or does it have opening and closing times/days?

The crossing is open every day. But it is not open 24 hours a day. Not sure what the opening hours are but I would guess 6 to 6.

Hello all

Need advise from what i read in here. From april 2016 to june 2016 i already go to bkk 2 weeks and back to jakarta 2 weeks than back to bkk again 2 weeks. In my pasport now already 3 stamps visa exemption but i never used all three full 30 days. All just 2 weeks or maximum 3 weeks. Also i always go back jakarta as my home town spend maybe 2 or 3 weeks. Now i am in jakarta at the moment.My question is i am planning go bkk again on june 29th and stay about two weeks again. Will i have a problem in airport immigration if they see my 3 stamps already but never exceed 30days and also they will say mine is back to back as well because the length too close?

Hello all

Need advise from what i read in here. From april 2016 to june 2016 i already go to bkk 2 weeks and back to jakarta 2 weeks than back to bkk again 2 weeks. In my pasport now already 3 stamps visa exemption but i never used all three full 30 days. All just 2 weeks or maximum 3 weeks. Also i always go back jakarta as my home town spend maybe 2 or 3 weeks. Now i am in jakarta at the moment.My question is i am planning go bkk again on june 29th and stay about two weeks again. Will i have a problem in airport immigration if they see my 3 stamps already but never exceed 30days and also they will say mine is back to back as well because the length too close?

• You should have no problem with another visa exempt entry.
  • Eventually it's likely you'll be questioned about what you do in Thailand. If you have a minimum of 10K cash and an onward flight it will help.
  • It is highly unlikely you would be denied entry at BKK. The worst case should be a warning to get a visa for your next visit.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

I am on visa exempt at the moment (30 days when entered Thailand with flight). My visa runs out in a few days and I think I'll go to Poipet for a visa run. I wont get any problems with that right? I am from Norway by the way..

Yours sincerly

Denarion / Rolf

I am on visa exempt at the moment (30 days when entered Thailand with flight). My visa runs out in a few days and I think I'll go to Poipet for a visa run. I wont get any problems with that right? I am from Norway by the way..

Yours sincerly

Denarion / Rolf

No need for a border run, you can apply for a 30 day extension of stay at an immigration office for 1,900 baht.

I haven't gone through the re-entry procedure. But isn't a boarding pass still a boarding pass if it is in the smartphone?

If you got an electronic boarding pass via on-line check-in, maybe it is a good idea to print it out for re-entry permit application. (If you check-in at the airport, I guess you always get a physical boarding card.)

Thanks. I hear you. If I understand a visa 'run', this is a outbound and inbound flight on the same day. I'm entering on a non-immigrant O visa and then plan to spend one month in Malaysia, returning to Thailand/ Am I to understand that I can re-enter Thailand for another 3 months as long as the original 3 month visa hasn't run out? Thanks.