EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

Do you not have one channel that shows all live games and one 3pm with Keys, Gray and guests (and thus all in English)?

In the sandpit, it's BeIn 11.

If not I would start a campaign to begin badgering the True buffoons.

No. I assume you do not have True Visions and watch this on another platform?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/09/2016 at 4:55 PM, Chicog said:

Do you not have one channel that shows all live games and one 3pm with Keys, Gray and guests (and thus all in English)?

In the sandpit, it's BeIn 11.

If not I would start a campaign to begin badgering the True buffoons.

Yes, its BeIn ch 1, or here in Thailand ch 676.

Last week I watched Man Utd vs Leicester in English, first 20 minutes were in Thai, Somchai must have flipped a switch.

Followed by Liverpool vs Hull in English.

Finally followed by Arsenal vs Chelsea in English.

At the time the second match was on, 3 pm kick off, I switched channels  and watched Bein 2, 3 and 4, or here in Thailand, channels, 677, 678 and 679, all in English.

This is from a True Watcher in Bkk.

We're actually referring to pre/post match pundits, not commentary RGS. I think the reason that we can't have Keys and Gray live is because Bein in the M.E have rights to Championship and SPL, which they don't have for Thailand. They show goal updates during Live EPL games, so that could be why, but I'm only guessing.

Anyway, got I.T at work to look at my computer and it appears updating the graphics card driver solved the problems with buffering. 365sport still an option, will see how next month goes.

I took up the 365sport 3 month offer otherwise I think expensive at 999 baht/month or 600 baht for effectively Fox Sports, Astro, Eurosport & a golf channel.
iLikeHD replacement Asian TV & Movie channels are poor following the demise of CTH and about the same quality as "Film On TV" which is free, they need to work out if they want to stick with quantity over quality. Fewer channels with greater resources for Sports channels would work for me.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, Linesy said:

I took up the 365sport 3 month offer otherwise I think expensive at 999 baht/month or 600 baht for effectively Fox Sports, Astro, Eurosport & a golf channel.
iLikeHD replacement Asian TV & Movie channels are poor following the demise of CTH and about the same quality as "Film On TV" which is free, they need to work out if they want to stick with quantity over quality. Fewer channels with greater resources for Sports channels would work for me.

After 15 mths with 365 Sport (12 channels)and Expat TV does if for me.there's hardly a sport I can think of that doesn't get covered and the major benefit                                          is the 7 day replay option on both.

Expat TV gets you 4 BBC channels,CNN,ITV  ,Sky, Aus ABC (my preferred choice) plus others.

You pay 3 months ahead for even less that 600 baht a mth,  for each, and if you go away for a period you dont have pay just start up when you return.

There is the occasional disruption from rain somewhere in the world but its usually very temporary not like the old days of True and CTH where you would miss a whole game.

If there is a better option I cant find it and I have a 3BB min package 630 baht a month which gives sufficient speed

After 15 mths with 365 Sport (12 channels)and Expat TV does if for me.there's hardly a sport I can think of that doesn't get covered and the major benefit                                          is the 7 day replay option on both.

Expat TV gets you 4 BBC channels,CNN,ITV  ,Sky, Aus ABC (my preferred choice) plus others.

You pay 3 months ahead for even less that 600 baht a mth,  for each, and if you go away for a period you dont have pay just start up when you return.

There is the occasional disruption from rain somewhere in the world but its usually very temporary not like the old days of True and CTH where you would miss a whole game.

If there is a better option I cant find it and I have a 3BB min package 630 baht a month which gives sufficient speed

Sparkles: Are there 12 channels in the standard 365 sport package? The reason I ask is their website indicates 10. If they included channels 11 & 12 (Sky Sports 1 & 2) I may continue at 600 month. Thanks.

I also find the 26 numbered channels in the premium package confusing and can never remember which one does which especially the latter numbers, 12 would be easier to manage.

2 hours ago, Linesy said:

Sparkles: Are there 12 channels in the standard 365 sport package? The reason I ask is their website indicates 10. If they included channels 11 & 12 (Sky Sports 1 & 2) I may continue at 600 month. Thanks.

I also find the 26 numbered channels in the premium package confusing and can never remember which one does which especially the latter numbers, 12 would be easier to manage.

My 365 channels are 1-10 then 25 & 26 which cover amongst aother things Australian Rugby League live,UEFA Europa league replays ,Ice Hockey etc. Programs move around a bit last night on Ch 5 or 6 I got BEIN with Keys and Andy Gray, never seen that before.Just about to watch Everton v CP on replay. When I select 365 I surf through what is on each channel that day.Time zones come into of course. I pay at KT bank and there was a stuff up by Paysbury and we got disconnected as our datehad  expired. After emailing 365 and Expat with receipt no's I was back in business in approx 15 mins

For backup when iLikeHD fails to work.

I rely on this กูว่าแล้ว มันต้องยิง FB page, but all the audio will be in Thai as it's a Thai page.
https://www.facebook.com/HighlightsHD.tv/
They normally provide highlights to every match, during and after the game.

When it's nearer to gametime for each match, they will share the link to watch FB live streams.
You can watch the game on any device as they are the same as FB live streams.

Pretty convenient but the quality is not as good as iLikeHD.

• 4 weeks later...

Live coverage of the Man U v Burnley game with English audio on Truevisions/Bein1 yesterday was interrupted several times throughout by split-screen coverage of other 3pm games with Thai-only commentary. I found this so irritating after a while that I switched to the Spurs v Leicester game on Bein3 which, thankfully, spared me any further "agony".

Hadn't noticed this before, and I'm concerned that this might be a (negative from our viewpoint) sign of things to come.....:saai:

On 10/1/2016 at 8:08 AM, Linesy said:

Tell you what to do, write on a piece of 1 to 26, click on each channel to see what it is showing and write what it is against the corresponding number on your paper, there you go sorted :biggrin:

Live coverage of the Man U v Burnley game with English audio on Truevisions/Bein1 yesterday was interrupted several times throughout by split-screen coverage of other 3pm games with Thai-only commentary. I found this so irritating after a while that I switched to the Spurs v Leicester game on Bein3 which, thankfully, spared me any further "agony".

Hadn't noticed this before, and I'm concerned that this might be a (negative from our viewpoint) sign of things to come.....:saai:

It's new, but for me, a welcome addition as I like to get live updates from the other games. It stops me continually flipping between the live games. I could do without the Thai commentary although it's only brief and easy to see who scored.

46 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I watched the game on ilikehd, nothing like that happened at all. Was watching it on Bein.

30 baht for the 2 hours. 

:post-4641-1156694572:

Brilliant deal. ilikehd

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I watched the game on ilikehd, nothing like that happened at all. Was watching it on Bein.

30 baht for the 2 hours. 

Brilliant deal. ilikehd

BeIn 11 do it for every premiership goal in the other games.

Keys gives the score and Gray gives the usual analysis.  "Great cross. Thumping header. 1-0".

Great, to be honest I'm mainly interested in just watching the Man Utd games. 

Wouldn't want to flick over and miss Pogba hitting the crowd from 35 yards out, or Zlatan from two. 

Think it was Bein 3 last night, for the MU game. No other channel had it.

Great value for 30 baht. 

21 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

30 baht for the 2 hours. 

Brilliant deal. ilikehd

Alas the decent internet connections required to access online services like ilikehd's are but a distant pipe dream out here in the boonies. Which basically means that it will likely be a toss-up between True and True for the foreseeable future as far as I am concerned...:sad:

Edited by OJAS

33 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Alas the decent internet connections required to access online services like ilikehd's are but a distant pipe dream out here in the boonies. Which basically means that it will likely be a toss-up between True and True for the foreseeable future as far as I am concerned...:sad:

A few years ago I couldn't watch anything over the internet in the boonies (near Chaiyaphum). Nowadays I can stream pretty much anything and that is just using an internet sim card in my phone or tablet as a tethering/hotspot device.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Alas the decent internet connections required to access online services like ilikehd's are but a distant pipe dream out here in the boonies. 

No problem with a basic 10mb 3BB package.

Check it out.

Free to set it up. Put on 30 baht of credit via K-Bank Online, or pay at the 7-11, and select the 2 hour package.

Most of the channels have 720p and 480p options to choose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a 2hr package with IlikeHD Saturday, as 365 sport weren't showing the Leicester game. A bit hit and miss tbh. Router also kept flicking off, not sure if this was a glitch, or TRUE attempting to block my connection to IlikeHD. I found "ISP D" seemed to work best for most of the game. But still freezing up / buffering issues. On the whole 365sport is pretty good, apart from their arrogant customer service whenever reporting  problems.... Still it's better than TRUE's constant re-run of any game of the past week + Thai analysis.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've used ilikehd at home in Thailand and rarely has a glitch, used it upcountry and overseas asia and it's a bit hit and miss, but I'm not sure is it their servers or the wifi I use - I think it's the latter.

For me it has been unwatchable 98% of the time here in Central BKK both using wifi or directly connected to the router. It´s a shame because on paper it is a great product but technically it doesn´t work for me, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Have you ever emailed your problem to them? I've found they are quite quick to respond and have been helpful.

If that question is addressed to me then: Yes, I did. Numerous times and, yes, they are very, very fast in replying to any sort of questions you might have. But when I approached them time and again with my issues the only thing they replied with was that they were aware of the issues, that True are blocking their boxes and that´s why some channels are down and so forth and so forth. At least, they were very honest in their replies and I applaud them for that. I still have some credit in my account with them but really cannot be bothered trying again given that I constantly read here on TV that people still have the same issues that I encountered some months ago.

I keep reading people knocking ilikehd but having had minimal problems I'm curious what are the problems people are having. They have lost their CTH 'feed' but they now seem to have replaced it with a feed from one of our neighbours (Cambodia? ) plus the games are on Astro (basic sport package) and Sky, BT if you have basic uk package - I have both.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I keep reading people knocking ilikehd but having had minimal problems I'm curious what are the problems people are having. They have lost their CTH 'feed' but they now seem to have replaced it with a feed from one of our neighbours (Cambodia? ) plus the games are on Astro (basic sport package) and Sky, BT if you have basic uk package - I have both.

For me, the 2 main issues at the time (a few months ago) were a/ "channel unavailable" and b/ constant buffering which made watching any live sport impossible/unbearable. 

I have been using the 3 months 365sport "trial package" for some time now and technically speaking it was just a pleasure to watch. For me, no buffering or any other issues whenever I watched a live event. Still, with the 3 months trial coming to an end this month I will not re-new since I cannot justify paying 999TBH (or so) for the amount of live sports I am watching these days.