New Benelli TRK502 Adventure Bike

BBJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fun but I really don't get what the idea is of putting wheel hugging mudguards on bikes like this...

The first muddy track you go down they are going to clog up...

I would be very interested to hear if anyone thinks that they know the thinking behind this as its a complete mystery to me...

Looks fun but I really don't get what the idea is of putting wheel hugging mudguards on bikes like this...

The first muddy track you go down they are going to clog up...

I would be very interested to hear if anyone thinks that they know the thinking behind this as its a complete mystery to me...

The thinking is along these lines .....

It's an adventure bike so add a high level 'beak' mudguard that will not get clogged by thick mud.

Discover that nobody ever rides them off road and the high level mudguard allows rain to spray on your designer Kevlar jeans - so add a standard road going low level mudguard.

Job done!

Where is it made?

China .. Nuff said ?

Couldn't you tell by the fake GIVI panniers .. You would have thought the Italians would be talking to their solicitors by now, looks like a blatant copyright infringement.

So the scrambler will be made in China as well? We can then expect favourable pricing.

Where is it made?

China .. Nuff said ?

Couldn't you tell by the fake GIVI panniers .. You would have thought the Italians would be talking to their solicitors by now, looks like a blatant copyright infringement.

The panniers are manufactured by Civi, a representative of Givi was actually present during the introduction of the motorcycle.... So it's safe to say that they're original Givi panniers...

Some people are easily confused by the major share holder of Benelli being Chinese , and wrongly assuming the bikes are Chinese , when if fact , most Benelli models are made in Italy ( Pesaro ) . Its a bit like wrongly thinking that most Hondas are made in Japan , by even by Honda. facepalm.gif Back to the bike. Superb spec , with high quality components ( including Givi panniers ) twin petal front discs ( with ABS ) and USD forks , with a very fancy exhaust and with more luggage and engine capacity than the Ruyka RX3. With so much adventure equipment such as engine crash bars and hand guards already fitted , if its priced below the Kawasaki Versys , it will be priced well. Times are changing in the bike and car markets , and although old habits die hard , people are moving away from what some consider the overpriced "common" makes of cars and bikes ( whoever really makes them ) , and searching out better specs , quality and value. I dont forsee re-sale values to be any issue.

Edited by ktm jeff

It should be priced below the versys. This bike has only 48 hp. I rather have a common Honda cb500x or a second hand versys. Cheap maintenance, cheap parts and easy to sell again. Benelli often use older engines with not so good fuel consumption compared to state of the art Japanese bikes.

I see a very small market for this bike. A lot of people really like it but only a few buy one. You only buy a Benelli if you really want something different.

Edited by Nickymaster

It should be priced below the versys. This bike has only 48 hp. I rather have a common Honda cb500x or a second hand versys. Cheap maintenance, cheap parts and easy to sell again.

I see a very small market for this bike. A lot of people really like it but only a few buy one.

that will be the case most likely but its good to see the Chinese making progress. More competition benefits the buyer

Thats why a love Italian bikes. They are different , special and beautiful. IMO. In the past , some considered a "Honda" to be a safe bet. Not so much now . Id be bored to tears on a CB 500X. Just couldnt be bothered to ride it. Thats not why i buy and ride bikes. Honda has never been known for the best fuel consumption , and this 500cc twin engine is a newly developed design.

Thats why a love Italian bikes. They are different , special and beautiful. IMO. In the past , some considered a "Honda" to be a safe bet. Not so much now . Id be bored to tears on a CB 500X. Just couldnt be bothered to ride it. Thats not why i buy and ride bikes. Honda has never been known for the best fuel consumption , and this 500cc twin engine is a newly developed design.

Honda pgmfi engines out perform just about every other scooter ime

Try using a fino, mio or nuovo and switch to a wave or a click

I think Honda are the among if not the best for fuel consumption and I had this conversation with a mechanic at kawasaki and he agreed with me and said nearly all the kawa staff ride Hondas to work (ramkamheng branch)

When there has been a Honda in our group ride , we have often found it to use more fuel than some other bikes . When Honda started to go FI on some of its top bikes , in 2000 / 2001 ( several years after the competition ) the systems didnt work smoothly , and used far more fuel.

I think Honda are the among if not the best for fuel consumption and I had this conversation with a mechanic at kawasaki and he agreed with me and said nearly all the kawa staff ride Hondas to work (ramkamheng branch)

A Nouvo 125 will get better fuel econ than a Click 125, per Jack C.

A Spark115 better econ than Wave110.

Kaws cost too much for mechanics.

Even though many makes of bikes get better fuel consumption than Hondas , even Hondas with smaller engines , the price difference will only be a small one at each fill up. Adds up over time , yes , but it wouldnt be the main reason not to buy a Honda.

It looks good for sure, but 48hpsad.png

My V650 from this year got 69 and is just enough for one person if you want some fun.

I think I would get a Triumph Tiger if I wanted an adventure bike or wait and see what the new Honda Afrika Twin cost here.

Made in Italy or China make no difference for me other than I stay away, you will wait for a long time for spare parts and expensive too.

The made in Thailand big bikes; Kawa & Honda's are your best bet for fast/cheap spare parts and good re-sale value as well and many shops all over the Kingdom.

Well don't really need an adventure bike here in LOS, a Malaysian friend of mine just rode from KL and all the way up to Mai Rim and back on his V650, 5300 km and he had a blast.

He is now planning a trip to Laos next year.

Well bet you will see the TRK502 is front of Starbucks in Bangkok soon, many Thais with enough money loves stuff like thatclap2.gif

A Nouvo 125 will get better fuel econ than a Click 125, per Jack C.

A Spark115 better econ than Wave110.

Kaws cost too much for mechanics.

I disagree, I think the elegance and sx drinks more fuel than the click or pcx 125 we own

But I do prefer the yamaha to ride, we are not talking about vast differences here.... Unless your on a g-string budget and a litre of gas makes any difference per week :)

Edited by Ks45672