Someone suggest anything for Sleep !

Chivas

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0.5 melatonin, try to google "sleep hygeine" ; medication and sleep is tricky; possibly some Ambien, there is getting to sleep, and staying asleep, if the latter seek timed-release.

Melatonin is great if you are just coming from a long trip, or any night actually. 'Twould have been better had you been taking it a week or so before your trip, as it resets your biological clock..but anyway... Melatonin is a hormone that your body puts out as you sleep at night...peak time between ten PM and two AM. Some people take melatonin every night of their lives. I have been taking 1 mg of melatonin for as long as I can remember. It's also great to take if one's hormones are outta whack. And believe it or not, most people's hormones are a bit out of whack. Melatonin works best if when you take it at night ( this is the only time it will work ) you sleep in a COMPLETELY DARK room. I mean BLACK...nary a light from anywhere, not even the red light from your laptop, clock radio or any light from anywhere else in the room. I would not recommend taking more than 1 mg per night. I know some people who take 3 mgs a night, but ( IMHO ) I think in the long run this will mess up your system. Dunno how true it is, but some "Medical Experts" say, 'take melatonin, live longer.'

Step 1) Get up early ...before 5:30 AM

Step 2) Exercise vigorously

Step 3) Agree to meet your Thai GF at 8 PM for dinner at Central World

By the time she tells you about her argument with her sister about whether Matt Damon or Ed Norton are hotter, you will be fast asleep

expert physician inservice i attended said anything > 0.5mg is overkill, and possibly some downsides , less being more.

another issue is using any chemicals to supplement sleep, may not be providing 'restorative sleep' ; which is probably crucial

anyone over 65 is prone to ending up on frequent use of zolpidem/Ambien type medictions, and often insist on using them like my father and uncle.....

unfortunately age plays a role it seems in type and quality of sleep

0.5 melatonin, try to google "sleep hygeine" ; medication and sleep is tricky; possibly some Ambien, there is getting to sleep, and staying asleep, if the latter seek timed-release.

Melatonin is great if you are just coming from a long trip, or any night actually. 'Twould have been better had you been taking it a week or so before your trip, as it resets your biological clock..but anyway... Melatonin is a hormone that your body puts out as you sleep at night...peak time between ten PM and two AM. Some people take melatonin every night of their lives. I have been taking 1 mg of melatonin for as long as I can remember. It's also great to take if one's hormones are outta whack. And believe it or not, most people's hormones are a bit out of whack. Melatonin works best if when you take it at night ( this is the only time it will work ) you sleep in a COMPLETELY DARK room. I mean BLACK...nary a light from anywhere, not even the red light from your laptop, clock radio or any light from anywhere else in the room. I would not recommend taking more than 1 mg per night. I know some people who take 3 mgs a night, but ( IMHO ) I think in the long run this will mess up your system. Dunno how true it is, but some "Medical Experts" say, 'take melatonin, live longer.'

I don't like the idea of medically induced sleep. I can appreciate knocking yourself out for a 12 hour flight though.

If you are the same Chivas I heard of elsewhere I suspect you have 1 or 2 problems.

Not just jet-lag screwing up your sleep schedules?

I don't like the idea of medically induced sleep. I can appreciate knocking yourself out for a 12 hour flight though.

If you are the same Chivas I heard of elsewhere I suspect you have 1 or 2 problems.

Not just jet-lag screwing up your sleep schedules?

No idea buddy.

However I did mention earlier in the thread I had no issues, no money problems, and no problems in general. I have zero problem sleeping in the uk I might add its always Thailand.

Too others that suggest more exercise I'm probably doing 3 times as much as back home and that doesn't include, well you work it out !

Sleeping pills can be a beautiful thing. Easy to get a prescription at a local hospital. Nothing like a great nights sleep, whatever the cost!

Indeed but if you look at my opening posts I went to Pattaya Inter and at stupid cost supposedly received Temezapam which did precisely nothing

Edited by Chivas

Go to Pattaya City Hospital in Soi Bukaoe. It does not cost much, see a doctor and get proper medication. You should not listen to me or others for this.

If you went to 10 different doctors you might get 10 different opinions. If your lucky you might find a doctor who has a lot of experience with it, but even among those there is a great deal of controversy. Insomnia is not like an infection or broken leg. There are too many factors. It's not a disease it's a syndrome.

just don't take a full pill, just nibble about a 1/4 of the tab ; 0.5 mg is what i'm pretty sure helps, more may actually cause some drowsiness and be counterproductive

Well I hope it is as just ordered it !! £3.88 delivered 100 Tabs of 3mg......worth a go I reckon

just don't take a full pill, just nibble about a 1/4 of the tab ; 0.5 mg is what i'm pretty sure helps, more may actually cause some drowsiness and be counterproductive

Well I hope it is as just ordered it !! £3.88 delivered 100 Tabs of 3mg......worth a go I reckon

You reckon 3mg is too much......??

Where I brought them from online they were selling 10mg and I was actually thinking of buying them !! What is the normal use of a 3mg tablet then ?? Whats it for exactly ??

Agreed sleeping pills should only be a temporary solution, but can do wonders after a stressful day.

I found half a tablet of zolpidem sufficient, and the sleep is as restorative as natural sleep in contrast to alcohol or sedative induced sleep.

Melatonin and Valerian is probably 80% placebo

Have you considered a better bed?

I have a hard time sleeping in Thai (all Asian) hotels because they don't have the 3-4" of soft mattress toppers I ended up buying for my apartment in BKK. Before I "enhanced", I had a hard time staying comfortable on the plank they called a mattress.

for reference:

http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic-disorders/sleep-and-wakefulness-disorders/insomnia-and-excessive-daytime-sleepiness-(eds)

see how it starts at 0.5mg, that is what i'm suggesting

• For insomnia:
    • 0.3-5 mg at bedtime is a typical dose.
    • In children with insomnia due to delayed sleep onset, melatonin 5 mg at 6:00 PM daily.
    • In children with developmental disorders (including cerebral palsy, autism, and mental retardation), melatonin 5 mg at 8:00 PM daily. Both immediate-release and sustained-release preparations have been used.
  • For jet lag: 0.5-5 mg at bedtime is commonly taken on the arrival day at the destination, continuing for 2-5 days. Low doses of 0.5-3 mg are often used to avoid the hypnotic properties of the higher 4-5 mg doses.

Just a word of warning...melatonin while it will help you get drowsy and sleep, will also give you wild and vivid dreams/nightmares. I had to stop using it due to this...I would wake up so agitated because the dreams seemed too real.

Give it a shot...it's like taking LSD that only works while you are asleep.

Just a word of warning...melatonin while it will help you get drowsy and sleep, will also give you wild and vivid dreams/nightmares. I had to stop using it due to this...I would wake up so agitated because the dreams seemed too real.

Give it a shot...it's like taking LSD that only works while you are asleep.

Even taking 2x 5mg melatonin has no effect on me whatsoever.