Best automatic scooter ?

TobSlobSlai

On 01/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, Tilacme said:

I would buy a big scooter if my dachshund can jump on board but all that I have seen are not actually flat step.  The new 150cc Honda click looks to be of interest but I don't know when it will be available in Thailand.

I ridden one in Indonesia a couple of years ago (its called a Honda Vario)  it's not too bad but a yamaha Aerox 155 is way better

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a click from new now 4 years old with all services,It is superb,I got around the front basket,I put a hook inside the front,thats useful but I also fitted a basket inside the front it carries many things by hook for small and larger fits inside the basket.The basket runs from one outside of the click to the other side and holds a lot.Easy to fit just use the existing screws that hold the fairing and no problems whatsoever.Also if I want to carry big stuff the basket comes off very quickly and you can load whatever fits in the well.The click is very reliable and as someone said easy to manage in traffic,has good speed and power.If anyone wants to know where to buy the basket just message me and I will reply.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, poanoi said:

are there any scooters especially suitable for very tall men ?

Go for the Honda Forza or Yamaha Xmax, both good scooters lots of leg room and good power 300cc engine both around 168,000 new, if a bit pricey the Yamaha Nmax has good leg room and only 82,000.

are there any scooters especially suitable for very tall men ?

The GTS 150 & 300 are the large frame Vespas. Plenty leg room.

149k for the 150 & 199k for the 300.

Scomadi TL & TT also plenty leg room & sits high off the ground.

99-110k for the 125 & 168-175k for the 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/15/2018 at 9:14 PM, papa al said:

Honda offered a tall SH150 model couple years back.

Look for a nice used one.

Xlent scoot.

agree it seem like a good deal,

except for the part where its not popular in thailand, so i reckon spare parts

are not readily available, kinda like having a chopper but with less torque

24 minutes ago, poanoi said:

agree it seem like a good deal,

except for the part where its not popular in thailand, so i reckon spare parts

are not readily available, kinda like having a chopper but with less torque

I remember on this very forum, when the SH came out, people raved about it, how good it was, end of the PCX as no one would buy it, ...

Repeat for the TriCity ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I remember on this very forum, when the SH came out, people raved about it, how good it was, end of the PCX as no one would buy it, ...

Repeat for the TriCity ...

i think the SH has a lot going for it, especially for tall people,

its the no.1 seller in italy,

but seeing how thais have an issue reaching the ground even in high heels,

i can see how they werent thrilled getting an even bigger bike.

i see the same brought up by vertically challenged western men about big bikes,

a lot of attention goes into the part how they are going to reach the ground ?!

the no.1 argument seem to revolve around the ever present question: "how can i reach the ground ?"

i know myself, if i ever were to buy another big bike, my very first question would be: am i going to burn my

feet or leg on the exhaust wearing flip flops ?

tho this is an issue for everyone regardless of length, and i consider it faulty built

Edited by poanoi

The flat floor look did it in for me - looks like a Click.

If they were better sellers I probably would have bought one, but the PCX been trouble free except for a cut rear tire. And the wife flopping it when I was at work 555

10 hours ago, Issanman said:

There was no sign of the 400 Scomadi at the motor show.

Production was delayed for all models as it was moved from China ( on-going legal case ) to Thailand. Wouldnt expect anything before late 2019 , if they still plan to use the Suzuki engine. Its an old design.

Production was delayed for all models as it was moved from China ( on-going legal case ) to Thailand. Wouldnt expect anything before late 2019 , if they still plan to use the Suzuki engine. Its an old design.

The 200 came out of the Thai factory on sale Sept 2017 & the new fuel injected 125 came out last month. Hopefully they are now concentrating on the 400 so hope to see it in 2019.

Last year Scomadi bought the rights and tooling to the Franco Morini 385 engine that was used in the Malaguti Madison 400, which was based on the single cylinder Suzuki Burgman 400. Both engines were carb fed but the new Scomadi will be fuel injected.
The tooling I would hope should already be here in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, LammyTS1 said:

The new 125i has same engine spec as the TL so looks like same engine but fuel inj instead of carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thats good. I think many small bikes will be FI soon. It cant add too much on to the build price. Now lets see what happens with the 400 , now production of all the models has switched to Thailand. These will be premium scoots though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have an opinion about the Honda Move?

I wanted to buy my wife one since I got fed up of her dropping my PCX, but she swooned over a Scoopy in the showroom. Then she managed to jackknife that, to be fair on our steep dusty road.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok help me decide, Which one is the better scooter and value for money the Xmax or the new Forza, Both the same price.

I have have been wanting the Xmax from when it first came out but now the new Forza is out l am starting to lean towards this bike, I like the Pirrelli tyres as standard and the electric visor.

Power wise I think the Nmax comes out on top, economy wise the Forza wins?.

By the way my wife wants the Forza mainly because of the better colour choices.

Thanks for any help. Nev

Edited by nev
  • Like 1