British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of hatred on this forum for young people, for western women, and for Thailand in general.

This story seems to have created an ideal opportunity to attack all three at once, hence the ensuing flood of bile.

What an unpleasant place this can be at times.

Sad, bitter, angry men..

British backpacker missing and 'disorientated' in Thailand

STAFF WRITER

grace-taylor-missing-thailand.jpg

Featured image is of Grace and is via Sam Taylor’s Facebook page

BANGKOK: -- 21-year old Grace Taylor has been declared a missing person this past week after going under the radar while travelling in Thailand.

Grace, originally from Dorset in the UK, had been staying at a hostel in Pattaya when she lost contact with her parents back in the UK on 16 February.

She managed to make contact with her parents on the morning of 22 February (UK time), telling her mother that she was very stressed and frightened, believing that people were intending to hurt her.

Reported sightings of Grace by other backpackers in Thailand appear to confirm that she was disorientated and “not in a good mental state”.

By this point, Grace had made it to Ao Nang in Krabi province and her parents duly booked her a flight out of Krabi airport for a few hours later after they managed to calm her down over the phone.

Although it’s known that Grace did arrive at the airport, she has since gone missing again and didn’t board her flight. Family members are now jetting to Thailand from the UK in a bid to find her.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/british-backpacker-missing-and-disorientated-in-thailand/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png

-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-23

Looks like Suthep is watching her in the back ground !

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

Kids, she is 21.......Stupid

ironically, a 21 year old white girl is a child for many here, but a thai counterpart the same age is fair game.

Well said that man! A salient point for many TV contributors to mull over.

Hi again, the government hospital, and the few other medical centers have no record of Grace Taylor, the Krabi Private is unreachable at this stage. GBW

Hi, normally we live in Krabi, although at this time we are in Hat Yai, I have asked my Thai wife to call some friends that work at the hospitals in Krabi, they are doing a ring around at the moment.. We wish we could be of molre assistance. We also are hoping for a happy and positive outcome to this serious situation... Kindest regards... GBW

Monday 21:55 GMT

We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.

Above qoute from face book > https://www.facebook.com/groups/YouKnowYouveLivedinThailandwhen/permalink/890088247778827/?comment_id=890328934421425&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22}

So the family are on the way to Thailand...

I wonder if any forum members in Krabi would be able to help the arriving family ?

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

Might some hippie turd, plying her with different drugs/booze and she isnt used to it. Gets ill and resting in loom

agreed.

These elefant pant dread lock 3rd wave feminists aren't at all of any interest to me.

One less Stacey Dooley wannabe complaining about how we are hear to exploits the Thai women and how the whole world should be like the west

This forum is utterly vile. It is easy to understand why a new person like myself has no interest is becoming part of this community further than the occasional post.

im a man but when I was 21 I would not have travelled to somewhere like Thailand alone and for a young girl to do this I think your asking for trouble, hope they find her alive and well.

Well each to their own. I am also male and hitch-hiked around Europe on my own, aged 17, I made it without mishap and following that, in my earlier years, travelled through East and Southern Africa, as well as many other places, alone with a backpack. I'm now much older and happily living in Thailand, but the prospect of travelling around here, alone aged 21, even nowadays, would not scare me in the slightest, easy travelling compared to Africa.

That aside, I sincerely hope young Grace turns up safe and sound soon. I'd say the chances were more in favour, than against this, let's hope this is so.

Edited by mikosan

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!

Might some hippie turd, plying her with different drugs/booze and she isnt used to it. Gets ill and resting in loom

agreed.

These elefant pant dread lock 3rd wave feminists aren't at all of any interest to me.

One less Stacey Dooley wannabe complaining about how we are hear to exploits the Thai women and how the whole world should be like the west

This forum is utterly vile. It is easy to understand why a new person like myself has no interest is becoming part of this community further than the occasional post.

Absolutely. This topic apply demonstrates how a load of bitter, unpleasant individuals can ruin what ought to be a useful resource for foreigners in Thailand.

update

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478/posts/10205057255424205?fref=nf

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"

That is technically incorrect: Krabi Airport is a very busy airport just off the main road through Krabi Town ... It has two terminals - each with two floors. The top floors are for out bound flights. Terminal one has the checking for International Flights and the Airport Screening stations. If Terminal Two has outbound immigration screening I am not aware of it.....

The airport is NOT unmanned even late at night. There are maintenance workers, Security Guards and some supervisory staff. The two terminals are connected by a sloping enclosed ramp ... If she got into the airport - which she did: Her Hotel booked a taxi and driver confirmed bringing her to airport, then all she had to do was to sit down and wait or find a security guard. Security guards are also at the gate to the main road ... 24/7/365.

This airport is near impossible to get lost in... It is a 20th. the size of any typical large mall in Thailand. This story is very difficult to believe relative to the statements she is supposed to have given to her family..

I wonder if they have searched for her on the airport CCTV. The taxi driver must know what time he dropped her off. The problem is that such a move as this might be too much for the RTP to have considered at this early stage ! rolleyes.gif

Kids, she is 21.......Stupid

Search Google for, a definition of the word kid.......... Stupid.

Fears for British backpacker Grace Taylor after she goes missing in Thailand
Oliver Holmes in Bangkok

Taylor, 21, went missing on 16 February and contacted her family later to say ‘people were trying to hurt her’

LONDON: -- The family of a 21-year-old British backpacker from Dorset who went missing in Thailand last week have appealed for help online to find their daughter.

Grace Taylor went missing on 16 February from Pattaya in east Thailand but later phoned her mother on Monday from Ao Nang, on the west coast and a 500-mile drive away.

“She was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home,” Sam Taylor said in a Facebook post.

The mother said she calmed Grace down and booked her a flight from nearby Krabi airport. “She apparently reached the airport but didn’t catch her flight and has gone missing again. We are desperately worried, all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a good mental state,” she said.

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/23/fears-for-british-backpacker-grace-taylor-after-she-goes-missing-in-thailand

-- The Guardian 2016-02-23

So much negativity on this forum. If Thailand is such a horrible place, why are you all on a "Thailand" forum..??

The only concern should be for this young girl's safety!

Maybe goto thailand yourself and see these types who travel round KSR ,CM, Koh phangnga and Pai .

They are the most arrogant western privileged snobby feminists , Meet one and you will know.

im a man but when I was 21 I would not have travelled to somewhere like Thailand alone and for a young girl to do this I think your asking for trouble, hope they find her alive and well.

As a 61 year old man I travelled Thailand alone. Travelled there for four months. Alone. And had a wonderful amazing time. Lots of single travellers in the world travelling south east Asia, Philippines, travelling India. Travelling Europe.

Just use common sense...keep away from trouble areas. Listen to your instincts. Friends asked me why would I go and travel alone. I could die in south east Asia.

My response was that, yes... that is a possibility. I could lose my life there. ... But that I would die someday also if I stayed in Canada. Might also die in a bad accident on the way to the airport. But in my 60's.... since I still have health and strength, if I want to see something of the world, I have to do it sooner rather than later.

Do they think we will live forever if we stay home and not see the world ? Do they believe they will live forever if they never leave home ? ?

I do think it better however for girls to travel in groups of three or more. I met group of four girls in their late teens or early 20's on a songthaew one day in Chiang Mai. They had been away from home for more than a year already... travelling the world.

As a single man, I think Thailand is quite safe to travel alone. The hazards are not from the people committing crimes against you, for the most part. The hazards are issues of traffic safety, hazardous roads, sidewalks, crazy drivers, and lack of public safety standards with regard to jet skis, bungee, zip lines, safaris, and poor maintenance of trucks, buses, trains, etc.

Not sure I can say the same thing about a woman traveling alone. I would not encourage a friend or family member to do so, though I am sure it is far safer than many other places, for a single woman.

I wonder if she went to Koh Tao?

In future travelers install application to "locate your phone if lost" most Iphones have this option... this should add security to a family to locate their son or daughter.

Is this simple or not?... or tracking unit sewed into the travelers backpack..

http://pocketfinder.com/

This lady being 21ys old may not have street sense or travel sense...what make sense is the families that allow children or young adults travel here in Asia talk to seasoned travelers or SEARCH...ThaiVisa.com "Forum" Travel advisory" on latest advise...like mine...

Ron

So much negativity on this forum. If Thailand is such a horrible place, why are you all on a "Thailand" forum..??

The only concern should be for this young girl's safety!

Maybe goto thailand yourself and see these types who travel round KSR ,CM, Koh phangnga and Pai .

They are the most arrogant western privileged snobby feminists , Meet one and you will know.

funny, i spend alot of time on the islands, have a house on and meet many female travelers ages 20ish and up. some of them even do yoga, god forbid.

I dont seem to be getting the same vibe you are, but then i am not threatened by men I feel to be my intellectual equal either

So what you are saying is that every city, town, village and moo ban is completely unsafe for all foreigners.

I have no idea where you live or stay but your post is about 95% untrue.

Thailand, away from the tourist traps such as Phuket, Pattaya, BKK etc is far more safe than a lot of the UK is and the people are nicer here too.

update

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478/posts/10205057255424205?fref=nf

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"[/quote

It's a small unmanned,remote airport and doesn't operate 24 hours".

It's a small airport that part is correct. It is operating 24 hours and here are some of last nights flights. Obviously it's a lot busier during the daytime and early evening. In a story like this facts are not important though so please ignore them.

post-113867-0-50161500-1456205612_thumb.