British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

update

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478/posts/10205057255424205?fref=nf

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"[/quote

It's a small unmanned,remote airport and doesn't operate 24 hours".

It's a small airport that part is correct. It is operating 24 hours and here are some of last nights flights. Obviously it's a lot busier during the daytime and early evening. In a story like this facts are not important though so please ignore them.

post-113867-0-50161500-1456205612_thumb.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 21:55 GMT

We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.

Above qoute from face book > https://www.facebook.com/groups/YouKnowYouveLivedinThailandwhen/permalink/890088247778827/?comment_id=890328934421425&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22}

So the family are on the way to Thailand...

I wonder if any forum members in Krabi would be able to help the arriving family ?

It seems family members or someone is coming to get her ....

but do they know where she is ??????????

is she on drugs ?? she is 'disorientated " ???

i hope they find her.

“She was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home,” Sam Taylor said in a Facebook post."

"...all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a good mental state,”

sorry to say we have heard this statement before from missing people in Thailand. It seems unlikely people were "trying to hurt her" and then she be able to escape and report it to her parents. And the "people following her" statement unfortunately sounds slightly delusional. There would be hundreds of opportunities to contact police between Pattaya and Ao Nang.

This last story said she was in Pattaya. Why did she not just walk up to one of the thousands of white English speaking tourists and say "excuse me, I need help. Can you walk with me to the police station?"

or the same at any point in her journey? all she would have to do is start screaming.

Sets hope she is just having some mental issues and can be located soon.

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!
What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....
Might some hippie turd, plying her with different drugs/booze and she isnt used to it. Gets ill and resting in loom
agreed.

These elefant pant dread lock 3rd wave feminists aren't at all of any interest to me.

One less Stacey Dooley wannabe complaining about how we are hear to exploits the Thai women and how the whole world should be like the west

This forum is utterly vile. It is easy to understand why a new person like myself has no interest is becoming part of this community further than the occasional post.

I don't think the forum is utterly vile, although perhaps it reflects the expatriate community. There are some good decent people on here and some absolute sh*ts.

The good people would be (and are) doing everything they can to help. For the sh*ts a young Western girl, a backpacker, missing is just an opportunity to show their true nature.

Perhaps you shouldn't give up on it. If you do the sh*ts win one more!

update

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478/posts/10205057255424205?fref=nf

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"[/quote

It's a small unmanned,remote airport and doesn't operate 24 hours".

It's a small airport that part is correct. It is operating 24 hours and here are some of last nights flights. Obviously it's a lot busier during the daytime and early evening. In a story like this facts are not important though so please ignore them.

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"

i am sure you are aware the above statement was made by family members in the UK?

"In a story like this facts are not important though so please ignore them."

Thank you for your research, it might help the family have a better understanding of what could have happened.

Sticky boy on twitter says she's been found at krabi airport

Link in Thai http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_newsonline.php?newsid=1456204871

My written Thai is limited but it looks to me like she is not currently found, but rather it has been confirmed she was in the airport and that airport staff interacted with her/noticed her. Not clear to me that she is currently there nor that her current whereabouts are known.

Still, just confirmation that she reached the airport is good news, rules out some things and narrows down the search.

The article also appears to confirm that she is obviously disoriented. Psychotic break or influence of drugs (whether consumed intentionally or given to her unawares) seem likely. Which makes her vulnerable. Hopefully the airport authorities will assist the family and she will be found soon. Should be enough CCTV footage in that airport to be able to track whether she left it and if so by what means.

Why oh why do young people think there bullet proof....Especially in the current climate in Thailand where either the incidents have escalated or just we are all hearing about them more often I don't know but nobody, and I repeat nobody should be traveling alone to Thailand. There's been enough red flags for a few years now and while I'm all for young people doing what young people do and taking year out etc and using it for seeing the world it can't be that hard to hook up with others and look after each other. The,it's not going to happen to me attitude is not a good one.. Hope and pray this ends up okay and the family meet up with her very shortly after arriving.

Yes.... young people often think there [sic] bullet proof. Young people often think they're invulnerable... or that bad things only happen to the next person.

which is why young people get sent to fight first in wars

I really hope shes safe and this is just another hyped story of her own independent misfortune.

Its nuts tho- with the way news travels nowadays.. a flea bites a rat in isaan and the whole world knows of this rats misfortune if reported. man, im so glad the net wasnt around when i was carrying on in my glory days.

British backpacker missing in Thailand 'found'
By Chiara Palazzo, and Philip Sherwell in Bangkok

Thai police say they have found Grace Taylor who alarmed her parents with a panicked phonecall home

BANGKOK: -- British backpacker Grace Taylor has been found shortly after sparking an international search according to Thai tourist police.

Sam Taylor, the mother of the 21-year-old backpacker, had appealed to the backpacking community on Facebook in the hope of locating her young daughter.

Miss Taylor, from Swanage, was travelling alone in Thailand when she went missing last week.

"Tourist police officers and immigration officials have found Grace Taylor at Krabi airport," Pol Lt Col Jetsada Chanpoom told The Telegraph.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12169471/Fears-for-disorientated-British-backpacker-missing-in-Thailand.html

-- The Telegraph 2016-02-23

----------------------------------

Missing’ British Backpacker Found at Krabi Airport
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14562099941456210077l.jpg
Security officers question Grace Taylor at Krabi International Airport on Feb. 23.

KRABI — The British backpacker reported missing by her mother has been found at Krabi International Airport, police said.

21-year-old Grace Taylor was using computer at Black Canyon cafe and “blowing whistle” when security officers recognized her as the missing tourist on Tuesday afternoon, said commander of the police force that guards Krabi airport.

“There’s nothing serious. We found her,” said Col. Thaksin Pochakorn.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456209994

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-23

Waste of time reading this thread.

Another tourist of diminished responsibility. After watching that BBC series on Suwarnabhumi airport, my general opinion on humanity - not just British tourists - has taken a dive.

Stop reading it then!

Yes some tourists are pretty stupid! but we have all done some daft things in our late teens early twenties.

If you are still reading? being that your time is so precious!

Be thankful that you were obviously born a mature thirty year old, therefore never had the misfortune to screw up as youngster, hence can feel no empathy for a 21 year old kid in a fix or her worried parents.

Edited by sapson

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!

These elefant pant dread lock 3rd wave feminists aren't at all of any interest to me.

One less Stacey Dooley wannabe complaining about how we are hear to exploits the Thai women and how the whole world should be like the west

This forum is utterly vile. It is easy to understand why a new person like myself has no interest is becoming part of this community further than the occasional post.

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic, not a shred of shame or compassion about them. Shouting about how they have no sympathy for her if she's died or how she deserves it because she might be a feminist, knowing fine well that the family of the girl might be checking these pages.

I'm glad she's been found. But a wee bit of compassion wouldn't go amiss sometimes, especially towards a missing girl and a mother's fear for her daughter.

English seem to be handle their liquor better than most but not much tolerance to the psychedelics..

this is a joke b4 i get manhandled by every english person out there and then it spirals down to trump banters..

lets smile a little today

I think education is the answer. Chugging down a bunch of shrooms, in an unfamiliar setting, without any awareness of or respect for the potential effects is a recipe for trouble.

I hope that whatever is wrong with her is temporary and that she is unharmed. It's really good that they found her as it's possible she was unable to care for herself.

I would imagine that her friends and parents are still worried sick and I wish the best for all of them.

Hope she's ok. There are some shady characters in ao nang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found Ao Nang to be very safe and 'boring' (we stayed a night there while in transit last year). Before anyone gets on their high horse re 'entertainment' - We're backpackers (late 20's) and I was there with my GF, so entertainment would consist of more than going to the nearest girlie bar. I just found the place quite dead in general.

Be it that it may there is a dark underbelly to the place, as with any province. There are several incidents that have gone down over the years involving rape and violent attacks towards foreigners.

Probably the most high profile case in the last few years was the 19 year old Dutch model who was raped and beaten by a tour desk operator. The case led to the victims family releasing a song. Can't remember the name - evil krabi man or something.

There was also an incident where a British couple were attacked by a group wielding steel pipes. Believe they were attempting to rape the girl in front of her bf whilst he was being beaten/pinned down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From her Mothers FB Page (Or family member, at least):

STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home. We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

This sounds EXACTLY the same as that other young British twit who scared the hell out of his family... turns out he was just out of it on drugs and didn't want to come home.

Coincidence?

how to hell can you say that ? ....this kid could be lying in a ditch somewhere.

anyway , hope to god they find her soon.

Edited by dirtycash