Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Close game that and all to play for in the home Leg............far from over. Back to blighty for me the Mrs and Mum next Tuesday,so its back to 3 litre Leo Tower in the nice little bar near Saphan Taskin....for the Burnley game where i hope we put at least 4 past them. I was gonna wine about the cold weather and such back in blighty but my daughter has got me a LC final ticket..............so i won,t give it the poor me speech, Happy Days thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Close game that and all to play for in the home Leg............far from over. Back to blighty for me the Mrs and Mum next Tuesday,so its back to 3 litre Leo Tower in the nice little bar near Saphan Taskin....for the Burnley game where i hope we put at least 4 past them. I was gonna wine about the cold weather and such back in blighty but my daughter has got me a LC final ticket..............so i won,t give it the poor me speech, Happy Days thumbsup.gif

Very diplomatic, mate.

Good to know you survived the KK neanderthals mate.....Have a good trip. Did you persuade the wife to buy here?thumbsup.gif

What I've seen of Christianson DM, I haven't been that impressed. He looks a bit slow and ponderous for the helter skelter of the Premier League. Kalas is a good, honest defender who played well against Liverpool last season.

As far as the lack of English talent coming through is concerned, people talk about it and highlight the areas to be addressed (i.e decent, intelligent football coaches across the board) but nothing changes and hasn't done since I was a kid. It's as though we have people in the corridors of power who are incapable of recognising good coaching material. They mainly look to ex professionals who, quite frankly, are mostly the next step up from the 'missing link'. I attended an FA coaching school in Blackheath, London as I knew I was coming to live in Thailand, and wanted to pick up some pointers. The coaching instructor had to be seen to be believed. He was a berk of the highest order.... and he was an instructor!

The media in this country are a curse because, as soon as a young English player shows a modicum of ability, he's hoisted on to the highest pedestal. But if he hasn't got the intelligence and mental resolve to handle the <deleted> that will come his way, he's skittled over and eventually disappears into obscurity. It's a subject that has been covered extensively on the football forum but we don't make the decisions, we only discuss it unfortunately.

Thanks for that OG, I can tell you how Spain done it and do it. (I am half Catalan). Peeved off at only getting silver at 1992 olympics they invested in coaching!

Now a country of a population (then) 39million amped up their number of FIFA Pro coaches to 20,000 with FIFA Pro licenced coaches coaching the youngest of players from the under 7's! right up obviously to higher levels and the pro players. Sure national and regional centres of excellence were established and fast forward 16 years to 2008 and we all know what Spain went on to achieve, not just success wise but the players that have been coming through since 2004 nothing short of astonishing.

England for Example only has 5000 FIFA Pro coaches and most are coaching the older boys. And as far as I know not too much of a regional or national set up in terms of centres of excellence where the kids train every day for a couple of hours along side their studies. Perhaps you can shed some light there.

I'll agree with what you say about the media, Spain does not have that problem, they tend to protect the up and comming superstars..Ever heard of Jack Harper Spanish born Scots man? 18 year old striker breaking all records in Real Madrid B. Which brings me to the B team (and C team) set up..not a bad idea if they do in England barring promotion and giving kids competitive meaningful football and not reserve matches.

As for Christiansen, time will tell but I am not concerned by his lack of pace or any players lack of it as it can be compensated by positionality and ability to read a game.

Thanks again for your input, very insightful.

• Like 1

Another disgraceful refereeing performance at Stamford Bridge today. When will Premiership referees realise that they are supposed to always come down in favour of the big clubs whenever there is a contentious incident? If this alarming trend continues, there will be accusations of fairness and even handedness. The only way to eradicate this cancer in the game is to allow Jose Mourinho the power to veto any decision he doesn't agree with.

• Like 1

Another disgraceful refereeing performance at Stamford Bridge today. When will Premiership referees realise that they are supposed to always come down in favour of the big clubs whenever there is a contentious incident? If this alarming trend continues, there will be accusations of fairness and even handedness. The only way to eradicate this cancer in the game is to allow Jose Mourinho the power to veto any decision he doesn't agree with.

That a power the Fergie enjoyed for decades at United!

Of course Atkinson was a joke, but you can't rely on winning games on the whim of a refereeing decision or decisions. If we are "different class to any team in the Premier League" according to Patrick Barclay, then we should be putting games like this out of sight.

With the exception of the usual suspects, who turn in top class performances game in and game out, there were others who might as well have stayed home, Costa being one of them while Oscar is becoming a liability. In an earlier post, a couple of us said that we struggle against inferior opposition and make them look better than they are. In this case, Sean Dyche employed exactly the right tactics against our defensive unit, pressurising Matic and Ramires into hurried passes and closing down Terry and Zouma. Because there was no outlet, the ball was played back to Courtois who lumped it upfield to either Ivanovic on the wing or Costa, who rarely got the better of their centre backs in the air. Refereeing decisions aside, this was a performance plumbing the depths.

Even the biggest Mourinho hater must have giggled at his press conference yesterday. What was it "31, 33, 44 and 69"

The guy is good value

Sounded like he was ordering his Chinese take away dinner...

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

That a power the Fergie enjoyed for decades at United!

Too true. When Mike Riley retired it cost Utd 12 points a season.

Good to know you survived the KK neanderthals mate.....Have a good trip. Did you persuade the wife to buy here?thumbsup.gif

Kk was ok.......as for the wife im still working on it..............She doesn,t wasn,t to live in Chaiyaphum surrounded by her family....so thats a start. Good luck tonight .wai2.gif

• Like 2

De Ja pooh. Yep seen performances like last nights all too often. Jose.........why are you playing 2 holding dms against a team in the bottom 6..and let Zouma cross the half -way line fffs and let him show the undoubted talent that he has. I know its early days ...but Quadrago..........just another fancy dan imho and i believe you have to earn your stripes and he has had more playing time than Salah Schurrle and Kevin de Bruyn put together. Courtois made some great saves but no keeper should be beaten by a predictable cross inside his 6 yard area. As for next weeks final.....the bloke you see with the white addidas golf cap being ejected from behind the subs and coaching area....is me..........for constantly heckling Wil i an to pass the thucccking thing w00t.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

De Ja pooh. Yep seen performances like last nights all too often. Jose.........why are you playing 2 holding dms against a team in the bottom 6..and let Zouma cross the half -way line fffs and let him show the undoubted talent that he has. I know its early days ...but Quadrago..........just another fancy dan imho and i believe you have to earn your stripes and he has had more playing time than Salah Schurrle and Kevin de Bruyn put together. Courtois made some great saves but no keeper should be beaten by a predictable cross inside his 6 yard area. As for next weeks final.....the bloke you see with the white addidas golf cap being ejected from behind the subs and coaching area....is me..........for constantly heckling Wil i an to pass the thucccking thing w00t.gifw00t.gif

Now you've got me at it, Mad Dog. I won't be concentrating on the Final but where you are in behind subs, bench area. No disrespect to Fiorentina but Chelsea is a step up for Cuadrado, and what he's shown up to now isn't that inspiring. He's working hard defensively, but what we Chelsea fans want to see is him attacking the full back and driving into the penalty area. He looks like he's lacking the confidence to do this at the moment. Have a good trip back, mate.

• Like 1

Now you've got me at it, Mad Dog. I won't be concentrating on the Final but where you are in behind subs, bench area. No disrespect to Fiorentina but Chelsea is a step up for Cuadrado, and what he's shown up to now isn't that inspiring. He's working hard defensively, but what we Chelsea fans want to see is him attacking the full back and driving into the penalty area. He looks like he's lacking the confidence to do this at the moment. Have a good trip back, mate.

Don't you think you should give him some time to settle. He's only been there five minutes! I've read a couple of reports on him and he does seem a real hard working team player and very skillful who does attack the full back so 'i'm sure it will come.

No disrespect to Chelsea, but at least Fiorentina got a result at WHLwhistling.gif

Guys you can get 15/4 at the moment for a Spurs win. Licence to print money. No brainer. That is close to a 75% pay rise if you stake next years salary. How confident are you? Come 1830 hrs on Sunday The Special. One will surely have a monk on..... But you can make it all better if you take the 15/4. COYS

So Vertougen does an unprovoked Matic and goes unpunished and will probably escape retrospective punishment. Two wrongs don't make a right, Matic deserved his straight red but so did the fellow making the over the ball challange..sorry lunge!

Vertougen doing a Matic

But Verity has a class and panache that makes any admonishment pointless. COYS

I have just broken an unwritten rule for me to stay away from other footy threads. What the hell, this is a special one. I'm calling it a 3-2 Spurs victory. All Chavs girlfriends get ready for some male PMT on Sunday night. COYS

Well the whinging one is off on one again,the truth is your team can dish it out but can't take it back,John Terry one of the dirtiest whinging players in the premier league, Costa the dirtiest player ever to play in the Premier league. Face facts you were bested by little old Burnley,expecting 4-0 5-0 and in the end Burnley could have won it if it had been on Ing's right foot.It was not a tackle it was a pass to another team mate,and the follow through of his momentum acting with Matic attempting to block (which was so late) that is why the collision occured. What does the whining one want next, how about going back over 20 years and asking the FA to ban Vinny Jones from acting or football for something that happened in the pastand we are now talking about something in the past. The match has finished,history will show a 1-1 draw and 2 dropped points So get over it your manager is nothing more than a whinging brown nose &lt;deleted&gt; who cannot accept little old BURNLEY shoved it up em Stick to calling bingo numbers you arrogant portuguese tosser. UTC and loving it

• Like 1

Well the whinging one is off on one again,the truth is your team can dish it out but can't take it back,John Terry one of the dirtiest whinging players in the premier league, Costa the dirtiest player ever to play in the Premier league. Face facts you were bested by little old Burnley,expecting 4-0 5-0 and in the end Burnley could have won it if it had been on Ing's right foot.It was not a tackle it was a pass to another team mate,and the follow through of his momentum acting with Matic attempting to block (which was so late) that is why the collision occured. What does the whining one want next, how about going back over 20 years and asking the FA to ban Vinny Jones from acting or football for something that happened in the pastand we are now talking about something in the past. The match has finished,history will show a 1-1 draw and 2 dropped points So get over it your manager is nothing more than a whinging brown nose <deleted> who cannot accept little old BURNLEY shoved it up em Stick to calling bingo numbers you arrogant portuguese tosser. UTC and loving it

TBH I dont give a cahoots for big wins, 3 points is what I look for and as you point out 2 points dropped. Matic red does nt bother me one bit as he got his just deserves and he does deserve a 3 match 3 week break. I am begining to think Mou's lack of rotation is wearing out and pushing certain players to and beyond their limits, physically. The squad is big but lacks quality and replacements in certain areas when it comes to replacing tired players (right back, left midfield, up front being three obvious areas) but for anchor man/ball winning midfielder..zero shortage mikel can do that, Ramieres No matter how great Matic is these guys can replace him for a match here and there.

As for vertogen? so cr*p Torres frustrated the sh*t out of him, sorry but that guy does nt know what a round ball looks like In fact so useless a club less successful trophy wise in past 10 years (Arsenal) wanted to buy him!

Your biggest mistake? letting Harry go, but history will soon repeat and another Harry will go soon.

Dirties player ever in the PL? Roy Keene or Patrick Viera hands down make Costa look like a saint!

Chelsea are appealing the Matic red card.Success rate of appeals would be about 5 % successful ...big call

Astonishingly the FA will not be charging the Burnley player for one of the worst challengers anyone will see. Spineless and inept as per usual.

Double standards with regards Costa but then again Costa's created somewhat of a rod for his own back by his general manner on the pitch and maybe he needs to look in the mirror.

• Like 1

Well the whinging one is off on one again,the truth is your team can dish it out but can't take it back,John Terry one of the dirtiest whinging players in the premier league, Costa the dirtiest player ever to play in the Premier league. Face facts you were bested by little old Burnley,expecting 4-0 5-0 and in the end Burnley could have won it if it had been on Ing's right foot.It was not a tackle it was a pass to another team mate,and the follow through of his momentum acting with Matic attempting to block (which was so late) that is why the collision occured. What does the whining one want next, how about going back over 20 years and asking the FA to ban Vinny Jones from acting or football for something that happened in the pastand we are now talking about something in the past. The match has finished,history will show a 1-1 draw and 2 dropped points So get over it your manager is nothing more than a whinging brown nose <deleted> who cannot accept little old BURNLEY shoved it up em Stick to calling bingo numbers you arrogant portuguese tosser. UTC and loving it

TBH I dont give a cahoots for big wins, 3 points is what I look for and as you point out 2 points dropped. Matic red does nt bother me one bit as he got his just deserves and he does deserve a 3 match 3 week break. I am begining to think Mou's lack of rotation is wearing out and pushing certain players to and beyond their limits, physically. The squad is big but lacks quality and replacements in certain areas when it comes to replacing tired players (right back, left midfield, up front being three obvious areas) but for anchor man/ball winning midfielder..zero shortage mikel can do that, Ramieres No matter how great Matic is these guys can replace him for a match here and there.

As for vertogen? so cr*p Torres frustrated the sh*t out of him, sorry but that guy does nt know what a round ball looks like In fact so useless a club less successful trophy wise in past 10 years (Arsenal) wanted to buy him!

Your biggest mistake? letting Harry go, but history will soon repeat and another Harry will go soon.

Dirties player ever in the PL? Roy Keene or Patrick Viera hands down make Costa look like a saint!

This is the Chavs Thread so why the pop at Spurs and Arsenal facepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Where can you start with a &lt;deleted&gt; like this?