Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I think a rather large pinch of salt is needed for that little gem. I can't believe there is someone getting paid to come up with that garbage. I'm not for one minute suggesting we should be any higher, or lower for that matter, but that list and rankings are just bizarre and to be quite honest pretty useless.

It's probably the same moron who sorts out the seedings for the Champions League.

Yep, thats a great article. Does someone actually get paid to write that?coffee1.gif

not entirely convinced the daily mail has any 'journalists' any more. think they have a lot of random bullshit-generating software programs.

Nothing wrong with that journalism. They are reporting the fact given to them by the IFFHS. Not really subjective from the DM is it?

Not bad is it. Chelsea the small club with no history being ranked number 1, by the International Football Federation of HISTORY and Statistics. :-)

Nothing wrong with that journalism. They are reporting the fact given to them by the IFFHS. Not really subjective from the DM is it?

Not bad is it. Chelsea the small club with no history being ranked number 1, by the International Football Federation of HISTORY and Statistics. :-)

fifa ranks england as the fourth best team in world football. this IFFHS (who i've not heard of before) says that chelsea are the best team in the world and atletico madrid are the second best. this not sound ever so slightly implausible to you?

Yet another lacklustre unimaginative performance.So many players under-performing,its hard to be positive about anything.

Roll on May

Too many players having games to forget,too many misplaced passes,too many players needing too many touches on the ball. On what I saw though,Steaua are a very ordinary outfit (worse than Sparta Praha,I reckon)so we should progress to the next phase but not,if we perform like that again.

Yet another lacklustre unimaginative performance.So many players under-performing,its hard to be positive about anything.

Roll on May

Too many players having games to forget,too many misplaced passes,too many players needing too many touches on the ball. On what I saw though,Steaua are a very ordinary outfit (worse than Sparta Praha,I reckon)so we should progress to the next phase but not,if we perform like that again.

I hope David Moyes applies for the job at our place. I just loved the look of disgust on his face when things weren,t going according to plan against Oldham,his face just full of anger and passion something that you want to see in your manager knowing that he cares and takes it seriously unlike that four _eyed traffic warden that we had in charge last night ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

Roll on May

I hope David Moyes applies for the job at our place. I just loved the look of disgust on his face when things weren,t going according to plan against Oldham,his face just full of anger and passion something that you want to see in your manager knowing that he cares and takes it seriously unlike that four _eyed traffic warden that we had in charge last night ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I agree Keith, Moyes would be an excellent choice at Chelsea but then i remind myself that no manager has a chance at chelsea unless he can rid the dressing room of Terry Lampard and Cole. They have to go in order to make a fresh start. It would also help if the owner actually stood by his manager.

BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if AVB's Spurs side faces Chelsea in the champions league final!!!

BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if AVB's Spurs side faces Chelsea in the champions league final!!!

What year would that be Carms tongue.png

Whoops!! I think i meant the europa didn't i. A slip of the keyboard.......

Yeah but no harm in looking forward and upwards to next year eh.

Yeah but no harm in looking forward and upwards to next year eh.

very much so and especially if its at the expense of Arsenal.

Wouldn't it have have extra spice if Spurs were to meet Chelsea in the europa final! That would be one way for AVB to put the whole Chelsea experience behind him once and for all.

• Like 1

Torres for £15m. £35m loss.

Hmmm, fair price?

Torres has to go abroad to save face, I think he's finished here......but I wish him well.

Jeez if you get £15m for Torres what will the Geordies screw us for Carroll blink.png

Agree uptheos, if he is ever going to resurrect his career he needs to get out of the EPL, he's been cursed since that knee op

Roll on May

I agree Keith, Moyes would be an excellent choice at Chelsea but then i remind myself that no manager has a chance at chelsea unless he can rid the dressing room of Terry Lampard and Cole. They have to go in order to make a fresh start. It would also help if the owner actually stood by his manager.

There are only 4 players left from Jose,s 9 untouchables and all there places bar Chec,s (maybe), are under threat,there player power days are well and truly over.

I can just about cope with the league game we have to play,wouldn,t want to meet your mob at any stage in the Europa league while the wedding photographer/traffic warden is still in charge........your looking like the finished article,while we are just looking finished

Roll on May

There are only 4 players left from Jose,s 9 untouchables and all there places bar Chec,s (maybe), are under threat,there player power days are well and truly over.

I can just about cope with the league game we have to play,wouldn,t want to meet your mob at any stage in the Europa league while the wedding photographer/traffic warden is still in charge........your looking like the finished article,while we are just looking finished

Keith, calm down. We may be a bit shaky at the moment, but we are not far from being back IMO.

What we need.

A strong manger for next season.

Recall of Lukaku, KDB and maybe Courtois.

2 signings, a striker and strong DM to partner Luiz in midfield.

I agree we have had to many poor games this season, but we have a good team, but we lack bite in attack and strength when defending in the middle of the park. With the 3 amigos in midfield we are good going forward, it's just they are poor at tracking back and winning the ball back so we have to wait for our defence to regain possession. Putting Luiz in midfield being partnered with another DM would help.

We need to stop playing with just the lone striker, it just doesn't work for us. A partnership of Lukaka and Ba or possibly a new striker will help.

Also, our squad is way too small for the amount of games we are playing, something like 9 a piece in December and January and 7 in February. Our players not getting enough rest between games and we are still in 3 competitions, so maybe many more matches to play. This is a ridiculous scenario considering the amount of quality we have on loan.

On a downer I expect us to get battered by United today. They have had a disappointing exit of the cl, but have had 2 extra days rest after we had to fly back from Romania.

Something that does annoy me about the way we play is that we tend to get into the oppositions final third then slow down to let them re-group instead of shooting.

As I said Keith, stay calm and we just need a few tweaks, nothing more.

Are you going to the game in July?

Smokie comment about being the finished article,when in reality a good side is never the finished article they just keep evolving like our good self....if Bale goes in the summer then you will see how good your manager is when he tries to change things again without your star player.

Smokie comment about being the finished article,when in reality a good side is never the finished article they just keep evolving like our good self....if Bale goes in the summer then you will see how good your manager is when he tries to change things again without your star player.

Evolution is rather obvious isn't it...with the exception of Bale...who with three years left on his contract and happy in his football...with CL coming to the Lane next year....going nowhere.

Happy days! clap2.gif

Roll on May

Keith, calm down. We may be a bit shaky at the moment, but we are not far from being back IMO.

What we need.

A strong manger for next season.

Recall of Lukaku, KDB and maybe Courtois.

2 signings, a striker and strong DM to partner Luiz in midfield.

I agree we have had to many poor games this season, but we have a good team, but we lack bite in attack and strength when defending in the middle of the park. With the 3 amigos in midfield we are good going forward, it's just they are poor at tracking back and winning the ball back so we have to wait for our defence to regain possession. Putting Luiz in midfield being partnered with another DM would help.

We need to stop playing with just the lone striker, it just doesn't work for us. A partnership of Lukaka and Ba or possibly a new striker will help.

Also, our squad is way too small for the amount of games we are playing, something like 9 a piece in December and January and 7 in February. Our players not getting enough rest between games and we are still in 3 competitions, so maybe many more matches to play. This is a ridiculous scenario considering the amount of quality we have on loan.

On a downer I expect us to get battered by United today. They have had a disappointing exit of the cl, but have had 2 extra days rest after we had to fly back from Romania.

Something that does annoy me about the way we play is that we tend to get into the oppositions final third then slow down to let them re-group instead of shooting.

As I said Keith, stay calm and we just need a few tweaks, nothing more.

Are you going to the game in July?

Trying to stay calm mjj,not easy when your a ginger and you see that numpty in his technical area sucking his werthers original and doing his traffic signals (to no-one) just makes me fume. I won,t be there in July, im in freezing cold blighty for the next 15 months or so ughhhh Need a big game from Ba Moses and Luiz today and who knows.wai.gif