Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

With Courtois playing the games just got a bit harder. Still home leg being the second game gives us an advantage.

Did I miss something? Where does it say he will play against you? The report seems to say that he is free to play unless the clubs have an agreement in the terms of the loan, as that is between the two clubs. Have Chelsea not put this in?

Under the FA, the rule is pretty solid, a player cannot play against his parent club. So probably that statement never goes in a loan deal between clubs in the UK. But any commercial/contracts guy worth his salt would put it in as standard statement just in case a rule should be changed.

UEFA have said he can play.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26972498

My previous post was pointing out UEFA's turn around on loans since the Celtic one.

Mmmm. That makes it very tricky then, particularly for the player. TBH he shouldn't be put in that position. If he lets an iffy goal in, he'll be accused of cheating and if say he saves a penalty which knocked out Chelsea, it wouldn't do his career at Chelsea much good.

With Courtois playing the games just got a bit harder. Still home leg being the second game gives us an advantage.

Did I miss something? Where does it say he will play against you? The report seems to say that he is free to play unless the clubs have an agreement in the terms of the loan, as that is between the two clubs. Have Chelsea not put this in?

Under the FA, the rule is pretty solid, a player cannot play against his parent club. So probably that statement never goes in a loan deal between clubs in the UK. But any commercial/contracts guy worth his salt would put it in as standard statement just in case a rule should be changed.

My previous post was pointing out UEFA's turn around on loans since the Celtic one.

Mmmm. That makes it very tricky then, particularly for the player. TBH he shouldn't be put in that position. If he lets an iffy goal in, he'll be accused of cheating and if say he saves a penalty which knocked out Chelsea, it wouldn't do his career at Chelsea much good.

You underestimate Mourhino.

cheesy.gif

You underestimate Mourhino.

cheesy.gif

I don't think I do but importantly, I don't underestimate Abramovich

• Like 2

Aaah. Good point.

But like I posted a while back. The Russian and The Portugese are on a mission. Together.

'If that little Belgian bstd can stop US, we'd better have him in OUR ranks.'

P51Mustang

Hazard at 2, Willian at 4, Courtois at 6.

cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Getafe 0-2 Atletico Madrid

Television replays of the incident that led to Diego Costa being carried off on a stretcher make ugly viewing. The player is already in an ambulance on his way to hospital.

19:46:

Getafe 0-2 Atletico Madrid

Into the final minute and Atletico are going three points clear at the top of La Liga. But at a cost.

19:39:

GOAL - Getafe 0-2 Atletico Madrid - Diego Costa (83mins)

A bitter sweet moment for Atletico. Adrian's low cross into the six-yard area sees Diego Costa stretch out his left leg to divert the ball over the line. But in doing so, Costa collides with a post and looks in serious pain. The Spain international is unable to celebrate and remain motionless on the floor.

On comes a stretcher and after a few minutes attention, the player is carried off with pain etched across his face. That does not look good.

If I didn't know better I'd suggest the Chelski camp had a bung on either the 1-0 win or winning by a goal...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The misfiring bastards cost me !facepalm.gif I thought Swansea was going to have to reach out and put it in for 'em.

• Like 1

Manny P It would be very disappointing if either of the two teams who scored the most goals don’t win the league. For football, for the fans, for everyone it would be disappointing. I think that the most attractive football, the more goals you can score, should be rewarded. I’m not saying it’s not important to defend very well because, of course, football is about attacking and defending. But big teams must play as big teams.”

Manny P It would be very disappointing if either of the two teams who scored the most goals dont win the league. For football, for the fans, for everyone it would be disappointing. I think that the most attractive football, the more goals you can score, should be rewarded. Im not saying its not important to defend very well because, of course, football is about attacking and defending. But big teams must play as big teams.

Nah, it just proves Liverpool and City are flat track bullies. :-)

If we do the double over the pool as we did over City, Chelsea do deserve the title.

Manny P It would be very disappointing if either of the two teams who scored the most goals dont win the league. For football, for the fans, for everyone it would be disappointing. I think that the most attractive football, the more goals you can score, should be rewarded. Im not saying its not important to defend very well because, of course, football is about attacking and defending. But big teams must play as big teams.

If we do the double over the pool as we did over City, Chelsea do deserve the title.

attractive, emotional bullies!

Just like City's win against us at the Etihad we were robbed at the Bridge, time for the swing to roundabout.

I actually think Chelsea might be a tougher match than City. Jose did manage to nullify City at the Etihad. If there is anything Jose can do it is kill an attacking team off then spring a surprise attack and p1ss off with glory.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

I'm actually more confident of Chelsea beating Liverpool than I am of any of the other games left. Our record against the top teams is very good. Sunderland on the other hand...........

I'm actually more confident of Chelsea beating Liverpool than I am of any of the other games left. Our record against the top teams is very good. Sunderland on the other hand...........

If you can survive the first 20 minutes at Anfield you might be in with a shout thumbsup.gif

Sunderland was very frustrating for us the other week and I expect Palace is going to be the same for us

I hear that Mourinho ducked media duties again yesterday!

No way he'll be able to sustain that. Far too many ref conspiracies he'll want to air pre-Anfield.wink.png

I am looking forward to game week with Chelsea (if both teams win next week). When Jose starts his verbals there are sure to be a couple of ludicrous statements for the highlight reel.

Nah mjj. The team with the most points after 38 games deserve the title. Simple as.

Bias aside MrB, with regard to equal points and in falling to goal difference, do you think this system is better than the Spanish one of head to head results? If City or Liverpool beat us on points, fair enough, but GD will leave me a tiny bit peeved tbh. Alternatively should there be another head to head at Wembley with a winner takes all?

attractive, emotional bullies!

Just like City's win against us at the Etihad we were robbed at the Bridge, time for the swing to roundabout.

I actually think Chelsea might be a tougher match than City. Jose did manage to nullify City at the Etihad. If there is anything Jose can do it is kill an attacking team off then spring a surprise attack and p1ss off with glory.

Bobby Bobby Bobby......robbed of what at the Bridge..........we gifted you a goal within the opening 4 minutes if i remember correctly and then it was just one-way traffic. biggrin.png

If you can survive the first 20 minutes at Anfield you might be in with a shout thumbsup.gif

Sunderland was very frustrating for us the other week and I expect Palace is going to be the same for us

Palace are on 37 points now so are safe. I wouldn't be surprised if their performances drop off now. We've got to get out of this away 'trough' we're in, as we haven't put in a decent display away for ages. That win at Swansea was vital for us, if not to lift our confidence for bigger games to come.