Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Personally, I don't see what the beef is with JT and Jose. If you let a players contract expire, it's upto him where he goes to ply his trade. It's not as if he has come to their arch rivals like when Tevez and Scheicheal did when they came to City from United. He's just come to another prem club but only on a 6 month loan.

I've just watched the full Chelsea v Real Sociedad game.

Are we ready to beat the other Prem sides and their supporters?

Real Madrid are going to be a right fcking bstard though judging by last night's game.

Geezer called Kroos, never heard of him before tbh, looked like he'd been playing there for years.

Personally, I don't see what the beef is with JT and Jose. If you let a players contract expire, it's upto him where he goes to ply his trade. It's not as if he has come to their arch rivals like when Tevez and Scheicheal did when they came to City from United. He's just come to another prem club but only on a 6 month loan.

JT and Mourinho not happy however anybody wants to spin it.

I'll ask you one question. Are you (or any other Chelsea fans) really bothered? Cos the fans will still be ther long after JT and Jose have gone.

I'll ask you one question. Are you (or any other Chelsea fans) really bothered? Cos the fans will still be ther long after JT and Jose have gone.

Reckon you need to get your head round the boonies MrB.

I've always liked to see ex-Chelsea players do well after they have left, but to watch Chelsea's all time goal scorer in City blue will smart a bit. On the up side I hope he can take points off our other league rivals. :-)

Agents Mata, Sturridge, Lampard and Lukaku. Your orders are ready!

• Like 1

Hi Guys.new season nearly upon us and for the first time in many year i am not that optomistic..............far from it. I have seen all our pre season friendlies and Mou has got almighty job to do to make that squad (his squad) into a team............not impressed by Filipe Luis (spring chicken he ain,t) and neither is Mou or he wouldn,t keep giving him 45 minutes and then swapping him for Dave..............Dave who doesn,t know wether it,s Christmas day or pancake day ( he,s been swapped so many times).

Ivanovich is now as slow as Terry is at the back but doesn,t read the game as well as Terry so is more vunerable to get caught out of position and not pick up the oppo.s runners.

Mou should make up his mind (if he hasn,t already) and just give the No 1 spot to Courtois and let Chech move on.

Very dissapointed he sold Lukaku as i thought Drogba was coming back as a striking coach to teach Lukaku the tricks of the trade. He should have sold Torres imho or given him away.

He should not have loaned out Christian Atsu to Everton (he was one of only 2 players of ours that had a very good world cup,Schurrle being the other). I do like the look of Kurt Zouma......yeah he made mistakes in some of those friendlies but he needed to play next to Terry or Cahill in those games and not be thrown in at the deep end like he was.

Matic is going to be a very important player for us this year and a lot will depend on him and his partner....... Cesc/ Ramires/ Van ginkel ?

Nathan Ake deserves more starts this year. Costa could be good,if he stays central and doesn,t go looking for the ball..........otherwise we will end up like last year just playing from side to side cos no ..ucker is in the boxw00t.gif . What i will say is that we will have a great bench to change things if it ain,t going to well. I hopewai2.gif

• Like 2

Hi Guys.new season nearly upon us and for the first time in many year i am not that optomistic..............far from it. I have seen all our pre season friendlies and Mou has got almighty job to do to make that squad (his squad) into a team............not impressed by Filipe Luis (spring chicken he ain,t) and neither is Mou or he wouldn,t keep giving him 45 minutes and then swapping him for Dave..............Dave who doesn,t know wether it,s Christmas day or pancake day ( he,s been swapped so many times).

Ivanovich is now as slow as Terry is at the back but doesn,t read the game as well as Terry so is more vunerable to get caught out of position and not pick up the oppo.s runners.

Mou should make up his mind (if he hasn,t already) and just give the No 1 spot to Courtois and let Chech move on.

Very dissapointed he sold Lukaku as i thought Drogba was coming back as a striking coach to teach Lukaku the tricks of the trade. He should have sold Torres imho or given him away.

He should not have loaned out Christian Atsu to Everton (he was one of only 2 players of ours that had a very good world cup,Schurrle being the other). I do like the look of Kurt Zouma......yeah he made mistakes in some of those friendlies but he needed to play next to Terry or Cahill in those games and not be thrown in at the deep end like he was.

Matic is going to be a very important player for us this year and a lot will depend on him and his partner....... Cesc/ Ramires/ Van ginkel ?

Nathan Ake deserves more starts this year. Costa could be good,if he stays central and doesn,t go looking for the ball..........otherwise we will end up like last year just playing from side to side cos no ..ucker is in the boxw00t.gif . What i will say is that we will have a great bench to change things if it ain,t going to well. I hopewai2.gif

Hmm, I feel confident we will have a great season. But then again, I do every season.......

I agree that Ivan is now just a versatile squad player, but I think we have definately improved over last season.

The Lukaku sale was disappointing, but the guy is just in too much of a hurry rather than just getting on with it. Last season he wasn't prepared to fight for a place over Eto, Ba and Torres, which wasn't that much of an ask IMO. From what I've read he just wanted guarantees over playing time and the fact is that no player gets guaranteed playing time at top clubs. I know he is still young and can improve, but I haven't seen any improvement in him over the past two seasons. He could have been an important player, but he chose not to fight............

I was happy to see us go to a 4-3-3 against RS as I feel that suits us better. Last season we didn't struggle against the big boys, it was the minnows that caught us out. Now with Costa it the team, we have a poacher that scores in the box and can shrug off challenges.

Drogba is a club legend and I don't think he is going to set the world alight again, but in the big games, he thrives.

Torres, well, yes he is a donkey, but the fact is no one wants him, especially at his wages, so we are stuck with him.

Hazard needs to be told to pass quicker and not allow defences to get organised. We have Salah when we need added pace and I like both Schurrlé and Willian. Oscar needs to step up a bit and at the moment it's looking like we may have sold the wrong number 10.

I can't wait until Monday. :-)

• Like 1

Mourinho not impressed with Frank going to City.

That's like telling your wife you don't want her anymore. You get divorced and then don't like her new boyfriend. Mourinho should get on with his own business like he did when he left Chelsea the first time.

Fact is though, however you want to spin it, John Terry isn't happy about Frank wearing a City shirt.

I understand the counter argument 'we are all tarts'. So do most posters on the TV footie forum.

Mourinho's back to do the business btw.

Then of course John Terry was the Chelsea legend that tried to hold the club to ransom for another wage increase off the back of City interest a few seasons ago.

Lampard was not offered an extension and so became a free agent. He can go where he pleases, but frankly (pardon the pun) with the squad you have, why do Mourinho of Terry, care what Lampard does?

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I've always liked to see ex-Chelsea players do well after they have left, but to watch Chelsea's all time goal scorer in City blue will smart a bit. On the up side I hope he can take points off our other league rivals. :-)

Agents Mata, Sturridge, Lampard and Lukaku. Your orders are ready!

Thanks for a straight answer to a straight question. Wish someone else could that biggrin.png

That's like telling your wife you don't want her anymore. You get divorced and then don't like her new boyfriend. Mourinho should get on with his own business like he did when he left Chelsea the first time.

Fact is though, however you want to spin it, John Terry isn't happy about Frank wearing a City shirt.

I understand the counter argument 'we are all tarts'. So do most posters on the TV footie forum.

Then of course John Terry was the Chelsea legend that tried to hold the club to ransom for another wage increase off the back of City interest a few seasons ago.

Lampard was not offered an extension and so became a free agent. He can go where he pleases, but frankly (pardon the pun) with the squad you have, why do Mourinho of Terry, care what Lampard does?

Exactly Carms. Spot on.

An interesting post,Keith in that you've seen all the pre season games and formed an opinion on the prospects for the new season. It's disturbing to hear that Felipe Luis isn't up to much as I thought he would be the answer to our left back problem. It would annoy me to see Azpilicueta at left back and Ivanovic at right back for this season. I wouldn't worry too much about the form and fitness of Ivanovic. In the game at Liverpool,he showed what a terrific centre back he is. Mourinho only played him at right back because he had no confidence in Cole and David Luiz to do a job in defence.

I like Atsu as well and was miffed that he was loaned out. He's got explosive pace and could have been used,later on in games,to open up defences. Ake has got the lot and could be anything he wants. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Kakuta, who had the mental resolve of a fieldmouse.Of the snippets of footage I've seen on Thai TV, Costa and Fabregas are looking the part.

For the life of me,I don't know why we resigned Drogba. What I've seen of him since he left,he isn't a patch on the player he was. As with Lampard,you can't turn the clock back. You might get the odd game out of him but surely we could have picked up a younger,hungrier back up centre forward from somewhere? If his primary role is to coach,then fair enough,but he will never get back to the potent striker he once was.

I want to see improvement from Salah this year. He looked a bit wide eyed and bushy tailed last season and was light weight. He looked like he lacked the confidence to take the full back on in most games. Maybe,with that season under his belt,he could evolve into the player who scared the crap out of our defence in the Champions League. I agree with you about Torres. He's had a million chances to justify his price tag and hasn't "stepped up to the mantelpiece"........a masterful quote from the sage of football, Rio Ferdinand.

• Like 1

Because they do. JT has said it doesn't feel right for Frank to wear a City shirt, and Mourinho has said Fabregas is the future.

When Frank signed for New York it is highly debatable that he realised that he would be contractually bound to play for City against Chelsea. It has been reported that Frank said he'll play for City but is not happy to play against Chelsea.

But it sounds like he has no option but to do what Pellegrini wants.

Chelsea will be fine. Preseason rotation and experimentation all part of the process of getting ready for the real thing.

From what I have seen, and from his performance last season with At Madrid, I very much doubt that Felipe Luis will fail to deliver.

Drogba's contribution. Yeah we can all be optimistic or we can all pour cold water on it.

Same with Torres.

Mourinho knows what he's doing.

Exactly Carms. Spot on.

You appear to be seduced by Carmine's negativity and cynicism, or you have a natural affinity for it MrB.

Either way, I get your drift from this and other posts.

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote

Exactly Carms. Spot on.

You appear to be seduced by Carmine's negativity and cynicism, or you have a natural affinity for it MrB.

Either way, I get your drift from this and other posts.

Unless Carms is a 36D with a slim waist and a bum to die for, I ain't easily seduced P45. He just talks sense.

I still don't know what your beef is. I asked you a simple question and you keep on reverting back to what JT and Jose think. What is it that you think?

I am not happy for Frank to be playing against us.

When he left to go to New York I don't think he thought he'd end up playing against us.

Carmine's sense is not my sense. We see things differently.

Edited by P45Mustang

So MrBo, you have had our opinions, what is yours regarding having Frank?

If you take a look at City's midfield the idea of old Frank zimmer framing through the middle doesn't jump out at you.

MrB's probably thinking "lets leave it to the likes of Yaya and David Silva Then he'll be thinking "why are you concerned about old Frank anyway, he's thirty-seven yo soon and rejected by Mourinho and i'm thinking why didn't you miserable sods give him a nice send of after so many years a great service!