Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I'm also hoping he'll give him a run out. Very bright prospect that lad

You wanna hope he does not do a sancho and flew the coop as did a certain denis suarez. That oil money needs to see youth development in city colours. 

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Because you're the same. You get to name calling like a spoilt girl when other people don't pander to your opinion. My 'fight fire with fire' comment was my reciprocation of the childish name calling crap with the Willy the Wombat <deleted>. Look, if somebody has a go at me to face, well bring it on but, someone frothing up and punching the hell out of the keys on a computer keyboard to hurl abuse at a faceless individual who you've never met?....that's just ridiculous. 

Willy the Wombat, that's gold!

Good debut from Charly boy and a nice goal to boot. Not happy with some of Cahills kamikaze passes,and the stupid flick he tries every now and then is gonna come back to haunt him (did it again on Saturday against the arsse)..just  keep it simple ...save the fancy stuff for the training ground. The other lad we nicked from Exeter done okay as well...has nice range of passes on him...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good debut from Charly boy and a nice goal to boot. Not happy with some of Cahills kamikaze passes,and the stupid flick he tries every now and then is gonna come back to haunt him (did it again on Saturday against the arsse)..just  keep it simple ...save the fancy stuff for the training ground. The other lad we nicked from Exeter done okay as well...has nice range of passes on him...

So, a good evening all round. He could/should have had a second, but that's the thing with bringing through youngsters, we have to accept that they're still learning. It's better to see him make that run and get into position but just slide it wide than for him not making the run in the first place. I think he was probably the most fouled player on the pitch, he took it all in his stride but still looks a little lightweight, plenty of time to address that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, evenstevens said:

nice to see ,  that you have got the dirty water , off your chest  ,there is a Ignore function button which will  save your  childish frustations ,  please use it 

he is just a pussy ,coming the Raw Prawn ,  LOL

See, there you go again. 

13 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that you don't mention getting your fact's wrong but i thought you would try and deflect away from that by mentioning other post's :biggrin: 

Must remember not to come on here and disagree with any comment's from posters as they all seem to get a bit touchy, anyway what was it you said again " He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances"  well i tell why he doesn't you shall i , because Conte and your coaches probably see him playing and training about 20 hrs a week, you base your opinion on probably seeing him play 10mins now and again and a few reports so who do you think know's best ? certainly not an armchair expert like yourself. 

Are you saying that coaches and their staff, in general, don't make mistakes or just Conte and his team? If it's the former, then you have more faith in their 'spotting potential' abilities than I have. There are loads of cases where youngsters have slipped through the net, even more so at Chelsea where we seem to produce them for the benefit of others. As far as Conte is concerned, he's been a resounding success so far but, he can't be everywhere so the jury's still out on whether his team are capable talent spotters or not. Don't tell me you've never questioned the staff at Spurs over a certain player's potential? Yeah, it's there full time job but they <deleted> up like everybody else. I've looked at, and opined about football since the 1950's, gone to  hundreds of matches at home and abroad and I'm not saying I'm the ultimate judge but, I reckon my opinion, for what it's worth, counts. Don't you think yours does?  Regarding your previous comment, of course you're right that talent isn't the only prerequisite for success. You also have to have the desire to succeed, hard work, dedication and last but not least, luck in abundance.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Don't tell me you've never questioned the staff at Spurs over a certain player's potential? Yeah, it's there full time job but they <deleted> up like everybody else.

Dare I mention a certain 193 goal Kerry Dixon, who made a habit of scoring against the club that rejected him? Yes.

Kerry.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oldgit said:

Because you're the same. You get to name calling like a spoilt girl when other people don't pander to your opinion. My 'fight fire with fire' comment was my reciprocation of the childish name calling crap with the Willy the Wombat <deleted>. Look, if somebody has a go at me to face, well bring it on but, someone frothing up and punching the hell out of the keys on a computer keyboard to hurl abuse at a faceless individual who you've never met?....that's just ridiculous. 

images.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Keith, what do you think of Kenedy after this game? I know the opposition wasn't great.(I didn't get to see the game, too lazy to get up at 2.00 a.m. over here). He's always looked like a player with some pace and skill but his decision making, including getting sent home from China, have been diabolical. Another question, does Musonda need bulking up or is he physically spot on now?

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

Are you saying that coaches and their staff, in general, don't make mistakes or just Conte and his team? If it's the former, then you have more faith in their 'spotting potential' abilities than I have. There are loads of cases where youngsters have slipped through the net, even more so at Chelsea where we seem to produce them for the benefit of others. As far as Conte is concerned, he's been a resounding success so far but, he can't be everywhere so the jury's still out on whether his team are capable talent spotters or not. Don't tell me you've never questioned the staff at Spurs over a certain player's potential? Yeah, it's there full time job but they <deleted> up like everybody else. I've looked at, and opined about football since the 1950's, gone to  hundreds of matches at home and abroad and I'm not saying I'm the ultimate judge but, I reckon my opinion, for what it's worth, counts. Don't you think yours does?  Regarding your previous comment, of course you're right that talent isn't the only prerequisite for success. You also have to have the desire to succeed, hard work, dedication and last but not least, luck in abundance.

First of all i'm surprised that you want to carry on the conversation after you slated me previously, incidentally you still haven't had the decency to respond to this part of my post 

Read  back through the post's and get your fact's right before you start talking about ridicule etc,  it was your mate who first tried to be funny by saying "For somebody with your obviously astronomically high IQ" and who also posted the Picture with "if i wanted your opinion" which being as this is an open forum seemed a pathetic thing to write, incidently have you pulled him up that ?

Right back to the football, in respect to the content of your post above you obviously have lost track of what the original post's were about and hence you have gone slightly off topic, first of all where have i  mentioned  "coaches and their staff, in general, don't make mistakes" ?

The crux of my original response to your post 

He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances.

was that people like yourself and several other poster's on the football thread don't see the full picture of what goes behind the scenes when they are getting excited about young players and putting them forward for the first team and nothing to do with if managers and coaches make mistake's etc hence my 2 post's.

To be fair, there's Spurs youngster's that also get continually mentioned by supporters that they should get more chances but it's the manager's / coaches who see them everyday in training / Academy games so if a manager doesn't play em there's obviously a reason, there's a hugh jump from academy football to Premier League which the average person doesn't seem to realize

Conte and your coaches probably see him playing and training about 20 hrs a week, you base your opinion on probably seeing him play 10mins now and again and a few reports so who do you think know's best ?

So like i already said your whole post above is irrelevant to your initial comment and my responses. 

Edited by alfieconn

28 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Keith, what do you think of Kenedy after this game? I know the opposition wasn't great.(I didn't get to see the game, too lazy to get up at 2.00 a.m. over here). He's always looked like a player with some pace and skill but his decision making, including getting sent home from China, have been diabolical. Another question, does Musonda need bulking up or is he physically spot on now?

I'm not Keith, but if I may respond with a couple of points.............

I didn't get to see the game, too lazy to get up at 2.00 a.m. over here. Likewise, however I posted a couple of months ago about ChelseaTV online. At he time nobody said that they subscribed but, and this is not a dig at anyone, I've always felt that supporting my team involved contributing in some way, primarily through the turnstiles, which I did for forty years. Now, the only ways I can "contribute" are by buying merchandise, turnong up at BKK friendlies, attending a game or two when I'm in the UK (maybe the next time will be in the new SB!) or by subscribing to ChelseaTV. Anyway, I signed up for the princely sum of 1000 THB for a year. It seems to be great value as I can watch the games on demand at my leisure from early the morning after a game. I also get to see the youth games and could see the Ladies if I were that interested.

Kennedy IMHO did pretty well last night, was involved in quite a lot going forward and did his bit tracking back. He has the advantage of being a left footer, something that we're pretty short of, so he seems the natural cover for Alonso. He would be hard pushed to displace Alonso at present but hopefully will develop as he gets more games under his belt and against better opposition.

Musonda still seem like he needs to scoff a few more pies, but his balance and agility got him through last night, albeit as you say against a Forest side that wasn't great. 

Christensen was superb IMO, showing an ability to read the game beyond his years, no wonder Borussia were so keen to hang on to him.

Oh, and one for E/S, a hat-trick from the Bats Man may have added a quid or two to his valuation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

And picking up again on the last point, although I said he needs a few more pies, there must be examples of perceived "lightweights" making it - from Chelsea how about Nevin? Jesper Gronkjaer? Zola? Mickey Droy?

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

I didn't get to see the game, too lazy to get up at 2.00 a.m. over here. Likewise, however I posted a couple of months ago about ChelseaTV online. At he time nobody said that they subscribed but, and this is not a dig at anyone, I've always felt that supporting my team involved contributing in some way, primarily through the turnstiles, which I did for forty years. Now, the only ways I can "contribute" are by buying merchandise, turnong up at BKK friendlies, attending a game or two when I'm in the UK (maybe the next time will be in the new SB!) or by subscribing to ChelseaTV. Anyway, I signed up for the princely sum of 1000 THB for a year. It seems to be great value as I can watch the games on demand at my leisure from early the morning after a game. I also get to see the youth games and could see the Ladies if I were that interested.

Kennedy IMHO did pretty well last night, was involved in quite a lot going forward and did his bit tracking back. He has the advantage of being a left footer, something that we're pretty short of, so he seems the natural cover for Alonso. He would be hard pushed to displace Alonso at present but hopefully will develop as he gets more games under his belt and against better opposition.

Musonda still seem like he needs to scoff a few more pies, but his balance and agility got him through last night, albeit as you say against a Forest side that wasn't great. 

Christensen was superb IMO, showing an ability to read the game beyond his years, no wonder Borussia were so keen to hang on to him.

Oh, and one for E/S, a hat-trick from the Bats Man may have added a quid or two to his valuation!

I should sign up BM, but I get the Chelsea website sent on my google email account which I completely forgot about! I'll look at the game now. Thanks for your opinions on the players mentioned.

27 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

And picking up again on the last point, although I said he needs a few more pies, there must be examples of perceived "lightweights" making it - from Chelsea how about Nevin? Jesper Gronkjaer? Zola? Mickey Droy?

Yeah, Mickey was a flyweight!

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

Kenedy could do know more than was asked of him..(i thought he played well)..if Conte trusts him he has a future. Like him or not (and i do) Conte is a ruthless barsteward  and if he doesn't think you're up to it ....your gone..or your out on loan....and then gone.:sad:     Musonda is small..but is more than capable of holding his own...he will get a lot of free kicks (as was the case last night).  We did have a half a dozen diddymen in our team once...Spencer Speedie Morris.etccc...and my favourite Dennis Wise....if your good enough size doesn,t matter. I have now seen Ethan Ampadu twice (at aldershot watching the under 23s) and again last night...and for a 17 year old he has a massive future...imho

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Christensen...is growing on me ...i like him more and more. I didn,t think he was quick enough or strong enough when i last saw him (about 2 years ago) but like you said (and like Terry) if you can read the game,then speed ain,t the b all and end all.

• Like 2

Its :partytime2:  for our  resident Galah,s:smile:who continually and shamefully  slagged The Gov performances  for C/sea F.C f, despite his fine scoring record for the club,in particular his  two 20+goal contribitions,   which played a large part of us winning our last two  EPL titles, he  is officially off to Atheletico  Madrid, for a reported  57 MIL,a good luck to The Gov from E/S

BTW

The  Galah,s  ,with  The Gov  dead and buried,have already lined up Gary  Cahill,as their next Hit:sad:

a nice morning, to all

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Its :partytime2:  for our  resident Galah,s:smile:who continually and shamefully  slagged The Gov performances  for C/sea F.C f, despite his fine scoring record for the club,in particular his  two 20+goal contribitions,   which played a large part of us winning our last two  EPL titles, he  is officially off to Atheletico  Madrid, for a reported  57 MIL,a good luck to The Gov from E/S

BTW

The  Galah,s  ,with  The Gov  dead and buried,have already lined up Gary  Cahill,as their next Hit:sad:

a nice morning, to all

A nice morning to you, too. 

I don't recall seeing or hearing many fans slagging Costa for his on field performances, rather his behaviour off it, which indeed has been shameful. I think it's significant to note that, to my knowledge neither he nor any of his entourage have denied Conte's claim that Costa and his agent were told last January that he could leave in the summer. In light of that I have to question the motives of those (mostly and particularly in the media) who disingenuously repeat the "story" that he was sacked by text in July.

His goals three years ago and for the first part of last season were certainly a major contribution to our last two titles, but let's not sweep under the carpet the fact that his antics in January were a most unwelcome distraction that might well have cost us the league. There will certainly be some PL defenders who will be relieved to see the back of him.

Anyway, enough of Costa, he's gone and we should look to the future, which is, of course, blue.

There are elements at most clubs these days who constantly need to have a scapegoat and as you say some of those do seem to have targeted Cahill. I have always got behind those on the pitch as long as they are putting in an effort. My take on Cahill is that he is now probably the "least best" of the contenders for the back three, behind (in no particular order) Luiz, Dave, Christensen and Rudiger. That is not good reason to get on his back. In any event the demands of competing in four competitions will dictate that all of them should get plenty of game time.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎9‎/‎2560 at 9:34 AM, oldgit said:

Now that Hazard is back, Morata will get the support that Costa enjoyed. Honestly JD, I was never a Costa disciple, even when he was banging them in due, no doubt in my mind, to Hazard, Pedro and Willian teeing him up. He looked too cumbersome, lacked acceleration and it always rankled me that there was someone else, somewhere better than him who we could snap up. I think Morata is that man.

just a Bump  for  Blue Muton:smile:the above was a tip of the iceberg on this thread,what is your thoughts now???:smile:

Edited by evenstevens