Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

nice to have a Nude Win   as its been a  while  ,and a couple wins on the bounce  plus  Hazard The Destroyer seemingly back to his best

my only concern is that Baka   loses vital balls   too many of them for my liking,   now for a tough one   against Roma

its a Wombat good morning to all:smile:

That was a right kick in the "jacobs". Dont know what Conte was thinking there with his team selection and formation. Dave at rwb is a no no...swapping cahill over for the 1st time since (Terry was regular) from left to right?was also a no no,and starting Bakayoko when the bloke clearly can not play 2 games in a week let alone 4 days is beyond me. Might just be me but Morata could not look more disinterested if he tried. Thank goodness for "carrier bag"getting a point last night and thus making the knock out stages for us to reach just a little  bit easier ( i hope). We now have 4 days off and plenty of time to prepare for Sunday,when hopefully both Kante and DD will start along with zappacosta.

Just one more thing....could the .ucking barsteward who nicked Willian,s favourite Teddy Bear ....please give it back,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was a right kick in the "jacobs". Dont know what Conte was thinking there with his team selection and formation. Dave at rwb is a no no...swapping cahill over for the 1st time since (Terry was regular) from left to right?was also a no no,and starting Bakayoko when the bloke clearly can not play 2 games in a week let alone 4 days is beyond me. Might just be me but Morata could not look more disinterested if he tried. Thank goodness for "carrier bag"getting a point last night and thus making the knock out stages for us to reach just a little  bit easier ( i hope). We now have 4 days off and plenty of time to prepare for Sunday,when hopefully both Kante and DD will start along with zappacosta.

Just one more thing....could the .ucking barsteward who nicked Willian,s favourite Teddy Bear ....please give it back,

I totally agree regarding team selection Keith. It hasn't worked before so why does he keep starting the Bakayoko/Fabregas midfield combo and Azpilicueta at right wing back? Especially in the Champions League where you can't, under any circumstances, carry passengers. I thought certain players like Alonso, Morata and Rudiger would enjoy the chance of returning to Italy to "woof it up 'em" but that didn't materialise. A diabolical decision by Rudiger to leave that ball instead of hoofing it clear. Did he get a call from Courtois? Our best player was Hazard until that c**t trod on his ankle which ruined his pace and invention for the rest of the game. A thoroughly disappointing performance against a team who are no great shakes, as far as I'm concerned.

Meanwhile at Old Trafford last night Matic won his successive MOM of the match award. Was the genius who let him go ever named ?

Would Chelsea fans rather have Costa, with all his faults, rather than Morata? After a promising start to his new career Morata didnt seem to play with any intensity or just an offf night?

Would not be surprised if Conte has already made his mind up about his future and its not living in London.

Just watched the replay and  expected Roma to have played out of their skins but,to me, were nothing special.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Meanwhile at Old Trafford last night Matic won his successive MOM of the match award. Was the genius who let him go ever named ?

Would Chelsea fans rather have Costa, with all his faults, rather than Morata? After a promising start to his new career Morata didnt seem to play with any intensity or just an offf night?

Would not be surprised if Conte has already made his mind up about his future and its not living in London.

Just watched the replay and  expected Roma to have played out of their skins but,to me, were nothing special.

Dont know whether you have noticed yet but Matic has only got one leg....(i will take in time either of Bakayoko or DD as ample replacement for him)...and despite you and the milkman hailing Mati,s mom performances i dont see him in any top 10 midfielder ratings. As for Costa he is in the past...so a pointless question of what ifs..

And Conte....as surprised as you were at Mou,s appointment.....tell me about Bobby Charltons eye again....nah dont bother

So summing up you will be going large on a Man ure victory on Sunday then??????

You and that Milkman manc have really got the old gloating bollixxs down to a tee.

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

most times   you always go missing in action   on your  M/U thread   after poor results etc etc

and always pop up on our thread   when C/sea have suffered a defeat  or any particular  item to point the bone  at C/sea

Fizzles in summing up ,you are a Wimp

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I think selling Matic, and to a direct rival raised eyebrows when it happened.  Inexplicable really, unless there was something going on behind the scenes.  Daft decision as is being proven.

Can't agree with you about Costa.  He was crap second half of last season, piss poor attitude,  and i think Morata's going to be a good signing.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

I think selling Matic, and to a direct rival raised eyebrows when it happened.  Inexplicable really, unless there was something going on behind the scenes.  Daft decision as is being proven.

Can't agree with you about Costa.  He was crap second half of last season, piss poor attitude,  and i think Morata's going to be a good signing.

Yes he went off the boil he is another Balotelli but no doubting his ability and desite when he wanted to turn it on.Special caes need special managers

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

You and that Milkman manc have really got the old gloating bollixxs down to a tee.

I am not  gloating just making a couple of comments,no wonder this forum has so liitle imput, thought you were beter than that

just watched  the replay that was a spanking and that,s putting it mildly

my view for sundays M/U  match i would not risk  King Kante unless 1000%fit, therefore play four by four by one by one

one by one would be Morata  leading the line with Hazard  or TheRat  tucked in   the hole , leave it up to Conte to decide who fills the four by four

since King Kantes absence we have leaked from memory 12 goals in 6 matches ,so the back three is a mess ,with out  King Kante presence  galahs what do you think  of Wombats  tactics :sad:perhaps its a 4by 4  by 2

Edited by evenstevens

Just now, evenstevens said:

since King Kantes absence we have leaked from memory 12 goals in 6 matches ,so the back three is a mess ,with out  King Kante presence

Kante is a class act. Does not always get the headlines. Same when he was at Leicester; a hero.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

most times   you always go missing in action   on your  M/U thread   after poor results etc etc

and always pop up on our thread   when C/sea have suffered a defeat  or any particular  item to point the bone  at C/sea

Fizzles in summing up ,you are a Wimp

Back to your abusive self ES, feel better now ? Missing in action ,so posting is now compulsory, well you will be ok

Have told you before unlike yourself I dont live on TV.Only post when I have something to say and right now, over the last 2 weeks, have had cataracts removed and struggling to watch games and finish 100 pages of my old clubs history let alone come on here.

By the way what poor results are we talking about ? one loss to Huddersfield.I must have missed the others.

You really need to grow up, or maybe at this time of the day its the "sauce" talking

I am not  gloating just making a couple of comments,no wonder this forum has so liitle imput, thought you were beter than that

Read your own post again....or better still get someone to read it to you....it is just one big gloat from start to finish....right down to the "Roma were nothing special comment" at the end. 

Just now, Blue Muton said:

Michael Owen, fine goalscorer but underwhelming pundit has predicted a 0-0, so expect some goals. Which end they'll be flying in depends upon which Chelsea turns up, here's hoping it's the one that stuffed AM in their new home.

Fine player fir 9 years. 26+ sicknote.

• Like 1

Prior to the 3-0 Roma defeat, our heaviest loss was the 3-0 against Arsenal last season. After that, Conte freshened things up and decided on a back three which left Ivanovic sitting on the bench. The rest is history with the team going on a 13 game unbeaten run. Three games into that run, we faced United and pissed all over them. It shows that those players have the character to bounce back from adversity but it's up to Conte to give them the impetus.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for that BB. Memory plays tricks as the curtain draws. I was also wrong about the crowd being 67K as the ground was redeveloped just before 67. Crowd probably 55K. 

That 67K crowd was for the SuperSpurs game of early 1960s. Chelsea 2 Spurs 3.

I personally like to rely on memory whenever possible. Without checking it was 1-1? Can't recall who scored for Chelsea.

I'll have to consult my notes more often!!

Edited by owl sees all

22 hours ago, oldgit said:

Prior to the 3-0 Roma defeat, our heaviest loss was the 3-0 against Arsenal last season. After that, Conte freshened things up and decided on a back three which left Ivanovic sitting on the bench. The rest is history with the team going on a 13 game unbeaten run. Three games into that run, we faced United and pissed all over them. It shows that those players have the character to bounce back from adversity but it's up to Conte to give them the impetus.

Yep time to man-up....and give one of those Barca/Bayern performances. Put the square pegs in the square holes Antonio and all will be fine. 

• Like 1