“Britain’s not a quitter” says Cameron in Brexit debate

webfact

“Britain’s not a quitter” says Cameron in Brexit debate

606x341_336083.jpg

LONDON: -- Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron made an impassioned call for voters to choose to stay in the EU when campaigning resumed on Sunday.

In a televised question and answer programme he said Britain isn’t a quitter, Britain is a fighter.

“If we choose to leave, we can leave but let’s be clear if we do leave we are walking out the door, we are quitting, we are giving up on this organisation which even if we leave will have a huge effect on our lives, our children, on our opportunities, on our businesses. I don’t think Britain at the end is a quitter. I think we stay and fight. That is what we should do. That is what made our country great and that’s how it will be great in the future.’

Following a three day suspension prompted by the killing of a pro-EU MP, representatives of both sides of the argument are once again fighting to get their message across.

“completely untrue”

Cameron also urged people not to vote in the EU referendum on the basis of what he said were “completely untrue” claims from the Leave campaign.

He dismissed warnings over an EU army, the prospects of Turkey joining and the cost of the UK’s membership.

“Believe in ourselves”

Heading the “Leave” camp, former London mayor Boris Johnson made his own rallying call urging people to
“take back control of this great country’s destiny” and to “believe in ourselves and in what Britain can do”.

With four days to go it seems there will be no let up in the heated nature of the debate which has so far seen “In” campaigners accused of scaremongering on the economy and the “Out” campaign’s immigration focus criticised as divisive.

Opinion polls suggest Thursday’s vote will be close although it appears there has been a slight swing back to the status quo.

The only poll fully carried out since the death of the lawmaker has showed the “Remain” camp regaining some momentum with a three percent lead.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-20

Brits ain't quitters, that's why they want their country back.....

Exactly right.

Cameron fails to understand that a vote for EXIT is not a negative 'quitting' vote; it is a positive decision to want to wrest control of the UK back from Brussels.

That is not quitting in my book.

Actually allowing to be dominated by the EU and saying as he has it will be too difficult if we leave is quitting. I only know 3 or 4 people who are voting remain from over 500 plus people. I hope the people in the UK vote out and bring a bit or pride back to the nation. I am skeptical though on all the tactics used (cheat) to stay in the corrupt EU.

I have a sense that many British citizens are fed up with the EU bureaucracy and would welcome an exit. As an American, I don't have any right to provide an opinion on what to do. However, it makes perfect sense to keep the Pound and not the Euro. I would guess though that an exit will cause a drop in the Pound due to the unknown future factors. In addition, since the Scots are so much in favor of the EU- I would guess they will relaunch a plan to challenge Scotland remaining in the UK. I was rather surprised and somewhat irritated that President Obama recommended that the UK remain in the EU. I really don't think he should have taken a stand. After all, it is a decision to be made by UK citizens only

I have a sense that many British citizens are fed up with the EU bureaucracy and would welcome an exit. As an American, I don't have any right to provide an opinion on what to do. However, it makes perfect sense to keep the Pound and not the Euro. I would guess though that an exit will cause a drop in the Pound due to the unknown future factors. In addition, since the Scots are so much in favor of the EU- I would guess they will relaunch a plan to challenge Scotland remaining in the UK. I was rather surprised and somewhat irritated that President Obama recommended that the UK remain in the EU. I really don't think he should have taken a stand. After all, it is a decision to be made by UK citizens only

One small problem for Scotland leaving the UK is what currency will they use and how will they back it up?

There are other and larger problems such as who will they rely on for defence, what would happen to the 6,xxx jobs at the nuclear submarine base at Faslane, where would they find an army, navy and airforce, would they need passports to enter England, how could they replace jobs that were remove from Scotland and taken to England.

How would would Scotland pay the EU fees and would they be a net contributor or a net gainer from EU funds?

These are a few of the "little problems" that the SNP, Sturgeon and Salmond don't want to talk about.

Village FB page question to the leave was why. 3 options

1 immigration

2 Felt disenfranchised.

3 Other.

First 2 hardly got a vote. Mostly it was feeling the truth wasn't revealed in 1975.

BBC QT Cameron lost his rag when compared to Chamberlain.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I just finished reading some rather interesting articles from the US indicating ,most of the US financial industry is against the exit stating it will cause huge losses of business on both sides of the Atlantic. I honestly do not know what is true and what is not . I do know that many of my British friends and acquaintances are much in favor of the exit as they feel the UK is getting a raw deal from the other EU countries led by Germany. I don't know if it is immigration fatigue or simply the fact that many feel the UK can move forward economically quicker outside the EU structure. I seriously doubt that an Exit vote will mean an immediate exit. It would have to be gradual and over time to give the UK, EU and the rest of the World time to adjust. We all will know this Friday what the UK citizens decide.

The making of the EU is NOT for the common people, just only for financial sector.

Its just the American style invading in Europe.

Meaning rich get richer and poor poorer. All older people to get rit of by cuts.

Other ones to be or get homeless after they arent qualified anymore.

Rich people in USA pay 0.25% tax , normal working people as nurses, police, fire and so on

50% of their income.

Rich people walk away with crime, as Cameron with his money in Panama, common people are hanged and dried out.

Indeed GB dont give up the fight to get your own country back !! We already lost our country to that system !

You have every right to provide an opinion on what to do. This fact was demonstrated by the UK Remain crowd injecting the US president on British soil and Obama threatening the UK. You certainly have at least an opinion. It's really no more complicated then a little brother telling his older brother to 'run.'

Also, the UK vote is, IMO, one of the most important votes in American history. Every cup of water loves a waterfall- watershed! If UK bails out their water first it could likely cause a flood. I hope so. I earnestly hope the UK leaves. It hardly matters what the EU could be, it's not now the things it promised.

Saying 'not a quitter' supposes the UK is in 'the good fight' or otherwise influences its daily destiny. BS! Not true. The UK has the life sucked from it by a bloodsucking band of commies and elitists (fact) that use the UK for their grand social engineering- one more thousand year reich/reign. It's hardly hyperbole to note that in the EU prewar Germany has all its goals realized; just one remaining-an army (24June16).

One small problem for Scotland leaving the UK is what currency will they use and how will they back it up?

There are other and larger problems such as who will they rely on for defence, what would happen to the 6,xxx jobs at the nuclear submarine base at Faslane, where would they find an army, navy and airforce, would they need passports to enter England, how could they replace jobs that were remove from Scotland and taken to England.

How would would Scotland pay the EU fees and would they be a net contributor or a net gainer from EU funds?

These are a few of the "little problems" that the SNP, Sturgeon and Salmond don't want to talk about.

I don't think you realize how much most Scots dislike the arrogance of the English

This type of rah rah go gipper talk is aimed at grade 3 intellects. I doubt the Brits are this stupid. If they vote to stay I guess they are. However, I expect a razor thin margin of victory for they yest not based on reality but based on voter fraud.

This type of rah rah go gipper talk is aimed at grade 3 intellects. I doubt the Brits are this stupid. If they vote to stay I guess they are. However, I expect a razor thin margin of victory for they yest not based on reality but based on voter fraud.

I don't think you realize how much most Scots dislike the arrogance of the English

What has that got to do with my post?

If you are Scottish would you like to answer what I posted?

Obama is concerned (IMO) because it may affect globalisation policies.

Big business and politicians are firmly in support of globalisation.

Next stop for Cameron is his big job with EU! He's going to laugh all the way to the bank, if Britain Votes Yes. If not, he'll be unemployed!

Not unemployed - he has guaranteed consultancies/non-exec board membership positions.

Edited by dick dasterdly