cars

i live in Thailand as expat and i am intend to buy a second had hatchback car.

i do not like too big cars like PİCKUP or SUV

BUT i like hatcback sedans with HİGH GROUND CLEARENCE like 18--20 cm high.around.

because in rainy season Thailand has flood most places and has bad ways in provinces .

normally i lke to buy automatic honda civic or honda jazz

because they are strong cars and less tecnical problems

BUT both cars has the LOWEST GROUND CLEARANCE and its good ONLY for asfalt ways.

i need a car which is NOT TRUCK OR SUV but after all that , has higher ground clearence

for bad ways and drive without problen when floods..

is there a car like that at all ?

Thanks.

Might be harder to find in a sedan.....They tend to ground hug by design for several reasons ....

Especially at speed where aerodynamics help to "hold" the car on the road.....Possibly a wheel/tire modification might buy you a little more height....

Maybe something like a CRV/Avanza would be a good compromise....Not a true SUV & and pretty car-ish driving and feeling - yet offering functional utility & strength.....

Might be harder to find in a sedan.....They tend to ground hug by design for several reasons ....

Especially at speed where aerodynamics help to "hold" the car on the road.....Possibly a wheel/tire modification might buy you a little more height....

Maybe something like a CRV/Avanza would be a good compromise....Not a true SUV & and pretty car-ish driving and feeling - yet offering functional utility & strength.....

Avanza?

OP look to civic and.. you say Avanza?

Weak engine and weak suspension.

I am sure who like civic dont inhoy avanza.

CRV have trasmission killed even normal engine.

But have big space in salon biggest in class.

So same who look to civic.. cant injoy CRV.

To OP.

If you accept jazz its goid choice.

In my opinion its better in class on Thai market.

But you say about civic.

So confuse me.

What is your project?

Its different cost car .if you have money for few year civic.

Ofcouse you can look subaru XV.

Try the subaru xv 200mm ground clearance. Can be had for less than 1m baht and has awd. Forget the ecosports and advanzas.

I should correct myself...220mm...similar to a number of pickup trucks or larger suv's, but won't have the same wading depth. It's the cheapest 4wd small suv in the market here right now. I

The new Civic Auto Box is far better than most, dont comment from hearsay,try it. The topic is Cars,so i presume it means from a March to Merc, not converted trucks, and crossovers.As for water wading,surely you have noticed how many little Toyota cars get through without 4WD and Snorkels,they anoyed me anyway, when i had a Range Rover here 20 Years ago.gigglem.gif

d and Snorkels

Avanza?

OP look to civic and.. you say Avanza?

Weak engine and weak suspension.

I am sure who like civic dont inhoy avanza.

CRV have trasmission killed even normal engine.

But have big space in salon biggest in class.

So same who look to civic.. cant injoy CRV.

he gave his opinion as the OP asked.

To OP.

If you accept jazz its goid choice.

In my opinion its better in class on Thai market.

But you say about civic.

So confuse me.

What is your project?

Its different cost car .if you have money for few year civic.

Ofcouse you can look subaru XV.

I think the avenza has a higher ground clearance than a jazz. I might be wrong but then again I might be confused.

You want what's called a crossover. i.e. Its neither a standard car nor a full size 4x4. Nissan Juke may suit.

Incidentally; a sedan has a boot (trunk), a hathback is a hatchback, it can't be both.

Edited by Lancashirelad

OP say's i live in Thailand as expat and i am intend to buy a second had hatchback car.

​The problem with that is what is the Budget ? re Honda Jazz the early one can be bought for under 200,000 baht.. a 2001 Civic for 100.000 baht..

So far posted mostly are for 600,000 - 1 million + baht .. but is that the right price group ?

OP say's i live in Thailand as expat and i am intend to buy a second had hatchback car.

​The problem with that is what is the Budget ? re Honda Jazz the early one can be bought for under 200,000 baht.. a 2001 Civic for 100.000 baht..

So far posted mostly are for 600,000 - 1 million + baht .. but is that the right price group ?

..... and in his next post he said: i like normal sedan which has big hatcback bagaje and has high enough ground clearence. smile.png