New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

When will the problem of the ThaiVisa News Video page bleeding into 

the Thailand news reports,its very annoying.

regards worgeordie

I assume that is on the ThaiVisa home page.

Checked and it is a screen and/ or font size problem. Try reducing your font size and it will be resolved.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Screen issue on home page has been escalated

TD

You mean exculpated?

Is there a 'vibe' button to be found in some sub menu that members need to click on?

• 3 weeks later...

As posted on Forum Support Desk ... just a few days ago I have to log in after no action on the site for a few minutes. Time varies, but usually after 10 or 15 minutes. Even with the window left open I must sign in again. Running Firefox and Win 10. Seems I am not the only one ...

5 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:
7 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:
On 7/5/2017 at 3:14 AM, canthai55 said:

As posted on Forum Support Desk ... just a few days ago I have to log in after no action on the site for a few minutes. Time varies, but usually after 10 or 15 minutes. Even with the window left open I must sign in again. Running Firefox and Win 10. Seems I am not the only one ...

please delete all browser cookies.

this should fix you're issue

TD

ill check tomorrow for an update.

TD

@Tech Doctor,

the reported forced re-login issue by some ThaiVisa members is running as an active forum support desk topic below. I think members are posting here as you are not responding to them there.  Also please a google search found other IPB forums tracking the same issue, as well as an SPB board operator who had posted patches that might correct the issue.

I have to login every 15-30 minutes again.
ThaiVisa     Started by alocacoc, June 21 -- 41 posts

8 hours ago, RichCor said:

@Tech Doctor,

the reported forced re-login issue by some ThaiVisa members is running as an active forum support desk topic below. I think members are posting here as you are not responding to them there.  Also please a google search found other IPB forums tracking the same issue, as well as an SPB board operator who had posted patches that might correct the issue.

I have to login every 15-30 minutes again.
ThaiVisa     Started by alocacoc, June 21 -- 41 posts

@RichCor Well observed! I posted on the other thread that I believe it's the fact that you need to persistently keep the cookies to ensure you remain logged in. That's what I've done via CCleaner and I've not seen the problem. 

What do you think @Tech Doctor ?

Edited by VBF

On 7/9/2017 at 11:30 PM, VBF said:

@RichCor Well observed! I posted on the other thread that I believe it's the fact that you need to persistently keep the cookies to ensure you remain logged in. That's what I've done via CCleaner and I've not seen the problem. 

What do you think @Tech Doctor ?

I think you are missing the point.

The problem some members have reported is that without having done anything to to clear or delete their cookies, they still have to log in frequently, several times per day. Although they followed the advice to clear all cookies, which means that with their next login the Thaivisa cookies were saved again, they continue to have the same problem. It is unreasonable to expect that these members should download and install a separate program, eg CCleaner suggested by you, to ensure that the Thaivisa cookies remain active on their computers.

You definitely go a lot more than me....when I check my Chrome for the number of thaivisa.com cookies it only shows below which says 6 cookies/local data.  Maybe your ThaiVisa Admin status earns you a lot more cookies.

Capture.JPG.727212dfd5024755a5b42dfcf0aba6d8.JPG

1 hour ago, Pib said:
8 hours ago, Maestro said:

The Chrome browser tells me that I have 55 Thaivisa cookies at the moment.

You definitely go a lot more than me....

It's the French and Russian cookies he's accepting that's got me worried.

12 hours ago, Maestro said:

I think you are missing the point.

The problem some members have reported is that without having done anything to to clear or delete their cookies, they still have to log in frequently, several times per day. Although they followed the advice to clear all cookies, which means that with their next login the Thaivisa cookies were saved again, they continue to have the same problem. It is unreasonable to expect that these members should download and install a separate program, eg CCleaner suggested by you, to ensure that the Thaivisa cookies remain active on their computers.

@Maestro I quite agree with you , but, with respect, you're missing my point. I run CCleaner anyway along with cleanup utilities for Malware and of course my AV. The point i was making is that I get the logging out problem when I run CCleaner UNLESS I tell it to ignore the ThaiVisa cookies (ie leave them in situ) If I do that, then I do not get the logging out  problem being discussed. Therefore, i can tell CCleaner to ignore TV cookies and run it on a routine basis as ever.

Edited by VBF
Clarification

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

The Chrome browser tells me that I have 55 Thaivisa cookies at the moment. I had better put on the kettle for some tea to go with all these biscuits :smile:

Thaivisa cookies.png

Interesting - I have far fewer and everything works..... but please see my other comments about running CCleaner. @Maestro Could that be because you're an Admin and therefore get access to other areas of the site?

Capture18.JPG

Edited by VBF

On 12/07/2017 at 10:59 AM, VBF said:

@Maestro I quite agree with you , but, with respect, you're missing my point. I run CCleaner anyway along with cleanup utilities for Malware and of course my AV. The point i was making is that I get the logging out problem when I run CCleaner UNLESS I tell it to ignore the ThaiVisa cookies (ie leave them in situ) If I do that, then I do not get the logging out  problem being discussed. Therefore, i can tell CCleaner to ignore TV cookies and run it on a routine basis as ever.

Thank you, now I get your point.

Somebody mentioned embedded cookies and if they are the same as third-party cookies, could your experience with CCleaner be an indication that a link to another site loads a third-party cookie that interferes with the functioning of a ThaiVisa cookie that is essential for remembering the ThaiVisa login?

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Thank you, now I get your point.

Somebody mentioned embedded cookies and if they are the same as third-party cookies, could your experience with CCleaner be an indication that a link to another site loads a third-party cookie that interferes with the functioning of a ThaiVisa cookie that is essential for remembering the ThaiVisa login?

Embedded cookies are a bit of a misnomer - I suspect whoever mentioned them is getting confused with embedded content like Flash videos.

I cannot see how 3rd party cookies could influence this particular problem although I am happy to be corrected if anyone knows better than I.

To elaborate, when I ran CCleaner, and let it delete all cookies including the ThaiVisa cookies, THAT is what logged me out. At that point the browser is clean of all cookies, first and third party, so that as soon as i logged in again, the browser re-created the cookies, and, unless I run CCleaner again, or manually delete the cookies, I stay logged in. So then I set CCleaner to ignore the ThaiVisa cookies (ie leave them in situ) which is how I have it permanently set. Therefore when I routinely run CCleaner, it leaves me logged in to TV whilst clearing the cookies I don't want,  I also tell CCleaner to ignore cookies from other sites  to which i choose to remain logged in with the same result.

So, IMO, the short answer to your question is no.

I'm not sure if i explained that clearly - hopefully these 2 websites may assist.

http://www.whatarecookies.com/

http://lifehacker.com/5461114/fact-and-fiction-the-truth-about-browser-cookies

One thing that has just occurred to me is that if the cookies get corrupted, I think it possible that despite their presence, they aren't doing their job properly. IF, repeat if, that is the issue, running CCleaner to clear them and then configuring them out of CCleaner may mean that when the new cookies get re-loaded all works as expected.

i must say that this is merely conjecture on my part though.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Have you done away with likes? Notifications are telling me that people have reacted to my post. I hope their reaction was not too severe.

How do I react back to them?

Same here.  Reports of "reactions," but nothing visible on any individual post, plus no ability to "react" to any post.